[Drama 2010] Coffee House 커피하우스

Guest simplycomplex18

Guest simplycomplex18

[sBS] Kang Ji Hwan, Park Shi Yeon, Eun Jung (T-ara), Jung Woong-in

[sBS] "Coffee House"

20100508115613846.jpg

Drama Info

Title: Coffee House (formerly known as "Page One")

Broadcasting Station: SBS

Genre: Romantic comedy

PD: Pyo Min Soo (Full House, In Soon Is Pretty, Worlds Within)

Scriptwriter: Song Jae Jung (Soonpoong Clinic, Unstoppable High Kick)

Main Cast: Kang Ji Hwan, Park Shi Yeon, Eun Jung (T-ara), Park Jae Joong

Jung Woong In, Lee Sun Jae, Ahn Gil Gang...etc

No. of Episodes: TBA

Time-slot: Mon-Tues (9pm Korean time)

Pilot:17th May 2010 (replacing Oh My Lady)

Coffee House Trailer: 0102

Coffee House OST: 01 02

Live ChatChatango

Official Website: Coffee House Official Website

Synopsis

"Coffee House" covers the life of young & successful Seo Eun-Young (Park Si-Yeon). Eun-Young is the owner of a successful franchise cafe "Coffee Page One", as well as the CEO of a publishing company. In the romantic-comedy, Seo Eun-Young encounters Lee Jin-Soo (Kang Ji-Hwan), a successful writer. Jin-Soo has published consecutive best sellers. The pair enters into a strange relationship.

Drama Characters

36130.jpg

Lee Jinsoo (32years old/Author)/Kang Ji Hwan

Succeeded author who writes several best-selling books in his early ages.

Everybody likes him as he has good manner. Of course, he has good manner, kind, humorous. But, Just a few people know that he makes more smile if he feels bad, shows more courtesy if he doesn’t like some person, spends more money if he want to leave place more early. Actually, he is very hard to please, for example even a cup of coffee, there is no café to make him satisfied with. So, he studies himself how to make coffee, then, he only drinks his own coffee.

Why this kind of difficult person keep contracts with just one publishing company?

The reason is Eunyoung who is difficult to deal with just like him. When Eunyoung, who is workaholic and perfectionist, push him to finish the job early, though he shows temper, he still believes her ability. That’s why their relation can continue.

By chance, he happens to enter some shabby coffee shop in suburb. The name of coffee shop ”Palace” also makes him uncomfortable. It’s amateur name. Surely, the coffee shop is far from professionalism including ballista. The ballista looks like jobless person at first sight. But, by some absurd reason, Jinsoo happen to hire her as a secretary. Frankly speaking, he doesn’t need secretary. At first time, he doesn’t expect anything from her. Only thing he expects is that she doesn’t bother him. But, this country girl want to be real secretary of him. Do you want to be real professional person? Then, I will make you.

coffee-house-poster-10.jpg

Seo Eunyoung (31 years old, President of publishing company/Owner of “Café Page One")/Park Si Yeon

President of best publishing company in Korea.

The publishing company which was established by her grandfather inherited to her after her father died. She enlarged the company size, and entered book-café business, then made it to nation-wide franchise. Indeed, she is now on the way of success. She is sexy also and frequently visits foreign country. She smiles herself while dreaming her picture is showed in Time magazine cover page as a most success woman in the world. She has a few things to hate-cat, exercise, ex-fiance and Jinsoo. Jinsoo is representative author of her company. Then, they work together. Both have same thinking, that is, only kind but incapable person is most hatred. So, even though they don’t like each other, they believe each other’s ability.

But, Eunyoung always think this is unfair - both has bad personality, then why other person think Jinsoo is good man while Eunyoung is some kind of bad witch.

Now, their uncertain relation-friends or enemy? – faces extra ordinary situation.

The first thing, the ex-fiance of her whom she hates more than Jinsoo moved to next building to ‘Café Page One”. Then he talk non sense ‘ Let’s start our love affair again” The second thing, Jinsoo’s new secretary, something strange, her presence make Eunyoung uncomfortable. Now, Jinsoo’s boring humor sounds funny and his working style becomes curious to her.

55144925201005062054023753853279-1.jpg

Kang Seungyun (25 years old. Daughter of coffee shop “Palace” /Candidate of test for 9th grade local governmental official)/

Han Eun Jung

She say modestly “ I am a average Korean woman in twenties”. But, to say frankly, she is under average. There is no sign that her life turn to be bright. But, she still doesn’t know the real world. So, she doesn’t know there will be no sign of good news to her life. But she lives positively while dreaming that some day she can pass the governmental official test.

She has spent life like that before Jinsoo appear in front of her at the coffee shop “Palace” which is falling down. The only person who can make “Espresso” in this shop, Seo Eunyoung, happen to feel attractiveness to Jinsoo’s kindness, then without deep thinking, directly become a Jinsoo’s secretary by friend’s recommendation.

At the first time, she taught she can start her career as a right hand of famous author, but, Jinsoo has extra-ordinary personality which she never met before.

“If you can’t, devote yourself to the last energy. That’s the way of professional” That is Jinsoo’s sophistry. But, anyway, why I must do this? Without any chance of protest, her life is already involved with Jinsoo. Get into the mud together with me, it’s not my fault. It’s you who hire me. She thinks she is academic girl, but actually, it is not. She acts first before thinking. She always regrets after accident happen. One good thing for her is that she catches the meaning of happening after she takes hard time.

coffee-house-poster-11.jpg

Han Jiwon (36 years old, Consulting company director / Ex-fiance of Eunyoung) / Jung Woong In.

He think himself that , though bad fate disturbed their relation, his soul partner is Eunyoung. Fatal love between them must be finished as a happy ending.

As a born rich person, good appearance, he feels the world move around him. The break-off with Eunyoung is actually that he showed interests in a friend of Eunyoung. But, he still think that Eunyoung is too jealousy and doesn’t understand male’s inner feeling. So, after break-off, he stayed Hongkong to earn time to smooth his wounded mind, then, he decided to forgive Eunyoung, then back to Seoul.

As he is a management consultant, he sees everything as a efficiency and figures. That means, he is very realistic and conscious man. So, he doesn’t understand Jinsoo, the style of artist. He doubts Jinsoo maybe gay. He is sure Eunyoung still love him, so he usually approaches Eunyoung directly and he doesn’t know how she hate that style. He only thinks it’s why Eunyoung is too shy. His style to approach Eunyoung is like this : After he inspects “Café Page One’s financial status” secretly, then makes 10 page reports, then gives presentation to Eunyoung saying Café will bankrupt next year if her management style is not changed.

Of course, Eunyoung hate this style. It’s very strange for him that Eunyoung doesn’t thank to him and accept. The more strange thing is that, why Eunyoung smile to Jinsoo while frown to him. Before, it was me whom Eunyoung love, and Jinsoo whom she most hated.

credits: All Korean Drama

53217525.jpg

Characters Relation Chart

cccu.jpg

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest red_pansy

i hear that PSY's role in this drama is funny and amusing.i want to see her new image!

i guess PSY is the first leading female role,but KJH and EJ may be couple in the end.

this seems like hot blood 2009

Guest sexy4yennie

it's new drama from Kang Ji Hwan..........................

i''be waiting for this

long time no see KJH at drama since HGD :D

i hear that PSY's role in this drama is funny and amusing.i want to see her new image!

i guess PSY is the first leading female role,but KJH and EJ may be couple in the end.

this seems like hot blood 2009

ugh really?

cause as much as I adore KJH, i'm excited to watch this for PSY more.

I've seen the teaser, and while I dont believe in judging wholly from it, my first impressions see no chemistry between KJH and the other girl.

glad there's a thread for this already. i was wondering whether soompiers were interested or not in this drama...

Guest ieyzAn

^ me too. i'm excited to watch psy playing a different role in this drama. i think she is still the female lead, and she matches well with kjh. they look alike

Guest _snowflake_

ı think KJH and eun jung looks awesome together.

They have so good chemistry. I will watch this drama for them and pd :)

Guest marinai

I like the tomboyish girl better ^^

PSY is beautiful as usual but watching the preview, I already have a soft spot for the other girl, she seems to have more screentime !!! The directors are already messing up the plot by give us the idea the other girl is the main heroine :) AIGOOO!!! want to watch this ^^ too bad I have already shipped the wrong couple !!!!

Guest FreeMindWill

Hi Guy's! Will this be the official thread for Coffee House? Can't wait for it to start! Please post more updates to this thread! HWAITING! :lol:

And oh yeah, by the way... Who's going to handle all the subbing for this drama? Will WithS2 do it? Thanks! :)

Guest Meruu

Of course I'm terribly biased when I say that I want Eunjung's character to get the man in the end XD.

Usually I see a lot of love squares i kdramas, not as much love triangles. Someone's gonna end up kinda lonely.

I'm in love with Jo Sung Mo's OST song. It's perfect for a drama.

^ me too. i'm excited to watch psy playing a different role in this drama. i think she is still the female lead, and she matches well with kjh. they look alike

unfortch it seems everyone's leaning towards the other girl...? -shrugs- (when was the last time PSY ended up with the main man in her drama? :huh: )

i'm not surprised really since the trailer had more scenes of kjh and the other actress together. heck, even in the OST MV, KJH and PSY didnt interact [assuming it was KJH at the end of the mv...]

Guest samgirl

and i was wondering what would i do after personal taste ends.. im sure gonna watch this!

Woot!! The thread is open! A lot of people were complaining about PSY's acting abilities on another site. I haven't watched her acting yet, so I'll hold my judgement for now, but I like the fact that no one really knows who's going to end up with whom. It'll be interesting and the trailer sure is fun!

Guest simplycomplex18

Park Jae Jung joins the cast of Coffee House

by XVNTBK

Actor Park Jae Jung has been recently cast for a role in SBS‘ Coffee House.

Park Jae Jung will be playing the role of a guy who will always be silently helping T-ara’s Eunjung and watching her from afar.

The last time fans had an opportunity to see Park Jae Jung was through the variety program, We Got Married, where he was After School UEE’s virtual husband. Through that show, he showed himself as quite a dorky character, but through Coffee House, he will be changing up his image to a more serious one.

This romantic comedy will air its first episode on the 17th, and take over Oh! My Lady’s time slot.

taken from allkpop

May 6, 2010

Coffee House thread edited upon request & goodwill.

Thread previously started by ripgal will now be maintained by simplycomplex18 with related drama info, updates, etc. Thank you for the goodwill and effort.

Everyone please keep on posting and sharing. Also please abide the Korean Dramas & Movies Forum RULES.

Archived