Celebrities Who Were Bullied

Peekabooitzme

It's a little hard to imagine, but once upon a time these stars were the subject of schoolyard torment. Now, of course, they're achieved fame and fortune, but most haven't forgotten about the times they were teased and taunted on the playground. Check out the stars who got picked on before they found their ways into the spotlight.

213rczl.jpg

Back before she was Lady Gaga, people made fun of her for the way she dressed and talked. "I had a very big nose, very curly brown hair and I was overweight. I got made fun of," she said. My how things have changed.

16703s0.jpg

This Disney star reflected on getting locked in the bathroom in her autobiography. "These were big, tough girls,” Miley wrote. “I was scrawny and short. They were fully capable of doing me bodily harm. They shoved me in. I was trapped. I banged on the door until my fists hurt. Nobody came. I spent what felt like an hour in there, waiting for someone to rescue me.”

j97yu1.jpg

This Demi star was bullied as a kid and now wants to help others in the same situation. “I never really understood why (I was being bullied) until looking back,” Demi told Ellen DeGeneres in an interview. “I had a different lifestyle then everyone else. I want to help with bullying, because there are girls who can’t just up and home-school and focus on their career.” That's what she did, but not everyone's so lucky.

ixy0rd.jpg

He's one of the most recognized names in Hollywood, but he spent lots of time getting punked by the big kids in his early years. "So many times the big bully comes up, pushes me,” he said. “Your heart’s pounding, you sweat, and you feel like you’re going to vomit. I’m not the biggest guy, I never liked hitting someone, but I know if I don’t hit that guy hard he’s going to pick on me all year. I go, ‘You better fight.’ I just laid it down. I don’t like bullies." That's how it's done.

2cnfvqh.jpg

This actress does get torn apart in the media these days, but no one's throwing TP -- just comments about her weight and love life. "Some of them would throw toilet paper at my house or throw eggs at my door,” she said about being bullied in her younger years. “They would also write things on the sidewalk in permanent marker. They really hated me."

2lthhue.jpg

This country star gets the last laugh now, since the same kids who picked on her now ask for her autograph. She's a good sport about it, though. “It was bittersweet, because it made me realize that they didn’t remember being mean to me and that I needed to forget about it too. Really, if I hadn’t come home from school miserable every day, maybe I wouldn’t have been so motivated to write songs. I should probably thank them!”

s64qdx.jpg

Tyra practically has her own empire these days, and we bet the mean boy she had a crush on way back when is sorry he never gave the supermodel the time of day. "He used to say, ‘I do not want that tall, skinny, braces mouth, big forehead girl anywhere near me.’ I just broke down," she said. Big mistake. Huge.

fyhe9l.jpg

Robert Pattinson can't get the ladies off him now, but he was just another bullied kid before he shot to fame. "I got beaten up by a lot of people when I was younger," the Twilight star said. "I was a bit of an idiot, but I always thought the assaults were unprovoked. I liked to behave like an actor, or how I thought an actor was supposed to be, and that apparently provoked a lot of people into hitting me."

1404s0.jpg

Victoria Beckham is pretty much as cool and stylish as they come nowadays, but that wasn't exactly what her classmates thought back in the day. “People would push me around, say they were going to beat me up after school, chase me,” she said. “It was miserable, my whole schooling, miserable." Maybe they were just jealous.

e0rgww.jpg

She won an Oscar this year and has plenty of things to fill her memory bank, but being bullied left a permanent mark. "Kids are mean, and the sad thing is that I can still remember the first and last names of every one of those kids who were mean to me!" she said. She said she didn't dress or act like the other kids "so I got my richard simmons whooped a little bit."

ms2jk1.jpg

Christina's song "Beautiful" addresses people who are treated poorly for being different, and it's a matter near and dear to her heart. "I would get a lot of cold shoulders because there was just no way they could relate to what I loved to do," she said.

rw8d47.jpg

Michelle Tratchenburg stars as a not-so-nice high schooler on Gossip Girl, but when she was in school she was the one who got picked on. "This one girl threw me down a flight of stairs, fractured my ribs, punched and fractured my nose, and told the principal I used the word ‘b***h’ and got me detention,” she said in an interview.

14ya3gn.jpg

Credits: zimbio

Guest tinatran_

most are shocking, but not so shocking at the same time. i remember on the Tyra show, Tyra kept talking about how kids were always picking on her because she was super stick-thin. O__O

Guest smirk_it

Michelle's story is quite surprising. If anything, she looks like she can open up a can of whoop-richard simmons!

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

I never would've thought a lot of these stars were bullied.

I just knew that Demi and Taylor were picked on back in the day.

but look at them now, going strong, probably far more successful than their bullies are/will ever be.

way to show them who's boss! high-fives all around.

Guest natural-retard

Apparently Demi was outed by people from her school saying she was no victim but the bully and hurt them and for her to say she got bullied was a lie. LOL

Guest PB&Banana

Wow Ice Princess was def not a princess when she was young, she has the worst experience I can take a few words, cold shoulder, whatever but to be physically harmed is atrocious. Glad she has the last laugh now.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I liked to behave like an actor, or how I thought an actor was supposed to be, and that apparently provoked a lot of people into hitting me."

lol i can't help but wonder if maybe he deserved a tiny bit of that.

Guest BuNnIeMomiJi

this whole "i got bullied my whole life and now im famous!" bullmini cooper needs to stop.

its gettin old. the things these people would say to have the attention and sympathy is hilarious.

Although I'm sure at least one of the celebs listed are lying about being bullied, I think some of them actually did get bullied and aren't using it for fame. Some people who share their bullying stories aren't trying get gain sympathy, but to reach out to people who might be facing similar situations.

---

I can't help but think Miley's story is fake. It sounds way too dramatic.. =/

Guest jalx3

this whole "i got bullied my whole life and now im famous!" bullmini cooper needs to stop.

its gettin old. the things these people would say to have the attention and sympathy is hilarious.

Well maybe some of them is trying to get fame, maybe others is trying to

give their support to other victims of bullying. Don't be so harsh :/

Guest YANiPOPO

Cliche as it seems, look where they are now.

Who knows, those bullies could even be working for the big stars, the bullied ones, right now. Serving them to their pleasure mwahahaha

Guest melon

I highly doubt they were as innocent as they put out to be. Especially for Michelle - you must have done something to make someone want to hurt you like that. Not saying that what the other person did was okay but no bully would fracture your ribs and break your nose without being provoked in some way.

Guest pepsi_twist9

^ Even if she did provoke them, what could you possibly do in high school that would be deserving of fractured ribs and nose.

Demi got outed? xD I dislike her new attitude, she seems more and more fake everyday. -sigh-

Archived