Bleaching body hair

Guest star. DiNI

Guest star. DiNI
not hair on your head xD
I have a lot of arm hair and being Asian it is black hair so it looks even hairier than it really is. I read that you can bleach your body hair to lighten the color and make it more fine but I was wondering if any fellow Asians have tried it. The biggest concern I have is the hair growing back...does it look REALLY funny when it grows back? I'm just imagining like half black and half light brown hair on my arm. o.o

Guest Sunshine1

I have never seen any asians attempting to do this. =o

Personally, unless you got it profressionly dyed, your hair would all turn out orange. >_<;;

If you REALLY wanted to experiment, i'd wait until winter. That way, if it turns out BAD, you just wear long sleeves and pants while it grows out.

I, of course, havent tried this since i'm a girl. and not asian. xD. BUT whatever.

Guest dorkhead

I bleach/dye my arm hair :D. BUT its specially made for body hair. i know some friends use it for their baby hair on the lips

Its a pain in the eye if i see my arm when wearing shirts etc. so i always dye it.

Ive noticed it somwhat dyes the skin a bit lighter as well :huh:, but it turns back in the nex 2 days xD.

I usually dye 1x in 1-2 months. I havent experienced half black half blondish hair :huh:. it gradually fades back i think.

I do advise to moisterize your skin afterwards.

Ill give you the brand when i get back home

Guest PeachKisses.

bleach doesn't make your hair grow longer -- on your body, that is.

It's just a MYTH.

The only way that your hair grows longer on your arms is possibly because you trimmed it, or shaved it THEN bleached the hair.

I haven't bleached my body hair before but I learned this in cosmetology.

I was thinking of bleaching also, but I'm worried if it would bleach my SKIN as well?

Would anybody experienced happen to know if it does?

Thanks in Advance

Guest xkandi

When I bleached my arms, the area does become lighter too (I could see the separation line of areas of light/dark) but it only happens temporarily, it becomes "blended in"/natural looking after an hour, somehow. Maybe it was the dirt particles already on my arms idon't know :mellow: I just won't leave it for the full time, a little less than 10 minutes usually does it for me. :P

Guest ahmahp

Might as well just wax it!

its to much of a hassle to wax those little hair, or i'm just really lazy

xkandi and dorkhead, can i please get the product you used?

Guest lady_muimui

I noticed that bleaching the hair on my arms didn't really match my skin? I guess I leave it on for too long or something, but it just didn't look right, so what I did was start epilating. I use my epilator for my legs and stuff, so yea. Invest in a good one, and you wouldn't have to keep buying bleach, wax, etc.

Guest ahmahp

I noticed that bleaching the hair on my arms didn't really match my skin? I guess I leave it on for too long or something, but it just didn't look right, so what I did was start epilating. I use my epilator for my legs and stuff, so yea. Invest in a good one, and you wouldn't have to keep buying bleach, wax, etc.

i've never used an epilator before, any specific brand recommendation?

thanks xkandi

Guest blackhabit

epilators can be a positive or a negative depending on the brand u get and really i think its hurts like a beeeetch. I rather one hit ko the hair with wax.

Guest ZoidbergMD

its to much of a hassle to wax those little hair, or i'm just really lazy

huh? what? who? apply, rip, voila smooth arms

honestly i think waxing is the way to go for arms especially, the tiny blonde hairs would drive me nuts

and what happens when the roots grow out :o lawl

Guest seashells

My arms aren't excessively hairy but I always wanted to try to lighten it. So I bleached my arm hair before using Jolen (??) cream bleach. I would not recommend it haha.

It was pretty cool at first...cause my hair was super fine, blond and blended into my skin colour. It was horrible once my hair grew out though (I never noticed arm hair actually grows... until I bleached it!! I always thought it stopped at a certain length O_O). It was so weird.. with the black roots and blonde tips. Looked like bugs to me :( I had to snip off the tops cause it was so strange.

Then I tried Nair's Shower Power (?) or something. Just a hair removal creme. Works pretty well. I think it actually slowed the growth of my hair. Make sure to follow directions and don't leave it on for too long. I made that mistake :x

These days I'm lazy and I just shave my arms. It's quick and I don't think it grows back any thicker :D

Guest turquoise_and_takoyaki

^^I have tried that Jolen hair bleach but it never seems to do anything, it did bleach my skin a little bit but returned back to normal, I don't think it has changed the colour of my body hair but I reckon it needs more application but I don't really know and I am too lazy to keep bleaching it over and over again.

I am thinking of bleaching my upper lip since I do not have much hair there and I do not want to use epistick or wax it because I'd hate to think that it will have ingrowns and what not so I'd rather bleach it then later will do laser maybe but it is seriously not that obvious.

Guest Mani4ever

I use bleaching creme from "Hanne Bang". It's too strong for me cos few minutes after i applying it started burning. So I have started applying Vaseline first and then bleach (The creme wont touch the skin) and it helped A LOT!. No burning or anything.

Archived