Taobao

Guest babiegurl

Guest babiegurl

International Shipping?
For shopping on Taobao.com, I know that you can search for international shipping as an item, and then just add it to your shopping cart.

Does anyone know how that works?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest Honey_Babee

You can NOT do international shipping on taobao.

unless u mean purchasing the internal shipping discount =/ even then, u r required to be able to type in fluent chinese so u can communicate with the seller.

Guest Kamanistic

not every store ship internationally, you have to communicate with the seller

and the shipping fee is hecka expensive ,

mind to let me know if you are ordering it , so we can share shipping :P

Guest babiegurl

No, I mean, in the search bar, if you search EMS or DHL, a lot of results come up of people that can ship the taobao goods internationally to you.

So basically, they receive all the goods at their warehouse, then ship it in one package to you.

It's kind of like a taobao agent (such as taobaonow.com), but it's cheaper because you don't have to pay an agent fee.

Also, many "shipping" sellers on taobao offer much cheaper shipping prices.

Apparently, you add the "shipping" to your shopping cart, but I don't know how it works after that.

Guest --*pinkberri

i am curious as to how this works too.

i recently blogged about my negative taobao agent experience -_- so if anyone knows how to order from taobao without an agent and not knowing fluent chinese.. please help! previously i met a seller on ebay that had a taobao account and i would just emailed her the things i wanted, but even that didn't go so well in the end =T

Guest soompier1

taobao is like ebay, and most sellers are not willing to deal with the overseas fees and whatnot so no, if you can find someone in China to buy for you then that would be great, but you would still have to pay a shtload for shipping. I don't recommend it

edit: and you do have to be fluent in Chinese to communicate with sellers

Archived