[Drama 2010] My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tail Fox (Gumiho) 내 여친은 구미호

Guest yeohweping

Guest yeohweping

[sBS] LeeSeungGi,ShinMina,NohMinWoo,ParkSooJin,SungDongIl,YoonYooSeon
Date of airing : 11th Aug'10 [After Bad guy ends]

Time of airing : Wed~Thurs (9:50p.m korean time)

Official site : http://tv.sbs.co.kr/mygumiho/

Producer: Bu Seong Chul

Scriptwriter: Hong Jung-eun, Hong Mi-ran

Eps: 16

Cast : Lee Seung Gi, Shin Min Ah, Noh Min Woo, Sung Dong Il, Hyo Min (T-ara), Byun Hee Bong, Park Su Jin

Story : Cha Dae Woong(Lee Seung Gi) is a cowardly and extremely immature man who accidentally set free a nine-tail fox (Shin Min Ah) who was imprisoned for 500 years. The fox began to take the form of a beautiful woman who follows the man who set her free around, causing misunderstandings that she is his girlfriend. Although the man enjoys the attention and envy that people around him is giving, he is also always in extreme fear that the Gumiho may want to feed on his liver to become human. But when both of them falls for each other as time goes by, the Gumiho's enemies appears causing an unexpected twist in their lives.

500x80.jpg

===================

Drama Characters

162323_VCHAR8.jpg - Cha Dae Woong(Lee Seung Gi)

He lived a rather aimless life as the only grandson of a rich man and gets by without any big dreams or ambitions besides his goal of becoming an action star. He was raised by his grandfather and Aunt after his parents died when he was really young.

After he accidently sets free a nine-tails fox who was imprisoned in a seal, he was forced to live together with her. Although he becomes the envy of his friends when the fox impersonates as his girlfriend after taking a human form, he is constantly worrying that his liver will be eaten by her if he lets down his guards.

162435_VCHAR8.jpg - Gu Mi Ho (Shin Min Ah)

She was freed by Cha Dae Woong after being trapped in the seal for a really long time. She loves to eat meat and has the ability to see, hear, smell and feel from a distance. She has greatly developed senses as she belongs to the tribe of mystic foxes which are deemed as monsters by humans. She forced her stay with Dae Woong as she doesn't know anything about the outside world during her long imprisonment.

162532_VCHAR8.jpg - Park Dong Joo (Noh Min Woo)

He is hiding his cold sharp and intelligent character behind his mask of warm. He has been to Africa and extreme places around the world. He appears to have a vet doctor's license along an unknown history and background. He remains un-interested in anything until the appearance of the Gumiho. This is the mystery that he feels that he must do everything to solve.

162607_VCHAR8.jpg - Eun Hye In(Park Su Jin)

Due to her fragile appearance and vibes of being a good wife and mother, Eun Hye In is an aspiring newcomer of a large agency. Although Dae Woong falls for her at first sight, she doesn't shows her interest in him until Mi Ho's appearance revoked her anger that Dae Woong's attention is drawn to another woman.

153859_VCHAR8_THUMB.jpg - Ban Doo Hong (Sung Dong Il)

He is the operations director of Korea's top martial arts school which Cha Dae Woong is attending. Although Ban Doo Hong is always laughing it off that his name is the same as one of Korea's top action film director "Jung Doo Hong", he becomes really serious as he tries to recruit Gu Mi Ho to the school after seeing her doing a good somersault.

154506_VCHAR8_THUMB.jpg- Ban Seon Nyeo (Hyo Min)

Ban Seon Nyeo is the daughter of the director of the acting school that Cha Dae Woong goes to. Unlike her name "Seon Nyeo" (Fairy), she is rough and tough like a boy. She is a very good friend of Dae Woong and Mi Ho. She is also one-sidedly in love with Dae Woong just like Byung Soo is having a crush on her.

153126_VCHAR8_THUMB.jpg - Cha Peung(Byun Hee Bong)

He is Cha Dae Woong's grandfather who raised him along with his aunt after his parents died.

153611_VCHAR8_THUMB.jpg- Cha Min Sook (Yoon Yoo Seon)

She is the spinster Aunt of Dae Woong who raised him since his parents died. Cute and innocent despite her age, she forms a love line with Dae Woong's action school director "Ban Doo Hong".

154625_VCHAR8_THUMB.jpg- Kim Byung Soo (Kim Ho Chang)

He is also a student at the action school where Dae Woong attends and is having a secret crush on Seon Nyeo.

===================

Must Read!! and follow!!

01.Soompi code of conduct

02.Do not post request for Subs. Do not request for Vids either. Just dled from what the other soompiers provide you.

Do not post requests for any bt seedings of any vids links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them

Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow soompiers' free will.

Use the online google translator. http://translate.google.com if you want to read the basic translations of any news in korean.

Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given.

03.Do not steal any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site.

Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to dl anything.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.The editing fuction of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings thinking that you can't.

03.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

04.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

05.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

06.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

============

Links

Ratings - credit d-addicts

Nate news link

AJA-AJA link (RAW+OST) must register

semi-fly's BT links (RAW)

Holden's MU links (Raw 720p vids)

Chi-subs link

============

Subbing group

WithS2

============

OST - credit Musizload

988353.jpg997281.jpg

Losing my mind - Lee Seung Gi / Fox Rain (Rhythm + Acoustic Ver.)- Lee Sun Hee

999645.jpg

01.The person that I love (Mi Ho Theme) - Lee Seul Bi

02. Ooh la la - Kim Gun Mo

1000215.jpg

01.Sha la la - Shin Min Ah

02.I can give you - Shin Min Ah

1003254.jpg

Two is one (Love Theme) (with of Bong Gu of Gil Gu Bong Gu) - LYn

1015859.jpg

The person that I love (Piano Ver.) - Lee Sun Hee

============

Lyrics - Credit the poster name on posting

Fox rain - Eng/kor translation

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've just read that the main actress has been confirmed to be shin se kyung

i have very mixed feelings about this drama

when the hong sisters were talking about their ideas for this drama, everyone was going on about YB season 2

somehow it didnt quite register that this gumiho series was going to be a reality

but it has.... TTT that means no YB season 2 ...at least for now

and seung gi as the main.... mixed feelings about that too...esp last yr when ppl compared him to jgs's perf in YB (alright i'm sidetracking here)

and one more totally unrelated thing.... i'm a fan of min kyung hoon, and lately he keeps talking about how shin se kyung is his ideal girl, how he's attracted to her... i know nothing about her but i guess i will see for myself when i watch this

i will watch this nevertheless as i have watched all of Hong sisters' dramas....

Guest zaizai_f4_only

i cant wait to watch this series xDDD

a few reasons to watch xDD

the fact that LSG is going to be the main character and also

HONG sister is the writer!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JULY/AUG please come faster... LOL

Looking forward to this drama! Lee Seung-gi did great in Brilliant Legacy, he's got a lot of potential for a newbie actor :) I hope he'll continue to improve and deliver ^^ About the story... sounds weird, but it's the Hong sisters! If anyone can pull it off, they can. I wonder who the female lead actress will be... probably someone we haven't heard of before (as long as she can ACT).

Guest Princess02

i wish GHS will become female lead for this drama.

GHS become gumiho? can't imagine,, kkeke :D

it's kinda "Twilight" mybe.. kkeke...

the love story between ghost and a human. again, korean version :D

can't wait for this upcoming drama^^

it's such a gud drama :)

Guest kazenai

EXCITED !!!!

I like the plot ^_^ and casting... I hope that if it isn't Se Kyung, it'll be another actress who hasn't had a hit yet, I want to see new upcoming people :D

Guest sayroo

Another Hong Sisters drama and this time it's with Lee Seung Gi! I'm excited for this!

Also, I think its broadcast station is KBS? I saw it in daum that it'll air in KBS2. =)

Guest yeohweping

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...031609104291138

Lee Seung-gi to make comeback in a new TV series

2010031609104291138_1.jpg

Korean singer and actor Lee Seung-gi will be making a comeback to the small screen in a new TV series, his first since starring in the smash hit drama "Shining Inheritance" last year.

According to a source related to the new show tentatively titled in English "My Girlfriend is a Fox with Nine Tails," Lee recently decided to appear in the series and is in final stages of negotiations.

"Tails" is written by Hong Jung-eun and Hong Mi-ran, a sister writing duo also known as 'The Hong Sisters' who previously penned dramas "Minamishineyo" (SBS, 2009) and "Hong Gil-dong" (KBS2, 2008).

"Lee himself was very interested and wanted to appear in a series written by the Hong Sisters," another source related to the drama was quoted as saying. "And from what I know, the Hong Sisters also thought that Lee would be a good fit to play the male lead."

The singer has been cast as the main male character who is terrified at first of the fox but eventually falls in love with her. The female lead actress has not been cast as of yet.

Lee, 23, debuted as a singer after being discovered and trained for two years by one of Korea's top female vocalists Lee Sun-hee. The popularity of his first single "Because You're My Girl", from debut album "The Dream of a Moth" released in 2004, turned the then-17-year-old into an overnight sensation especially among older female fans.

He crossed over to acting in 2005 in a guest role for MBC sitcom "Nonstop 5" and made his official debut in "Famous Princesses" (KBS2, 2006). But it was his turn in the hugely successful "Inheritance" that solidified his status as an actor -- the weekend drama topped the television ratings chart for ten consecutive weeks and peaked with a viewership rating of 47.1 percent.

"Tails", which is expected to air this summer, will start shooting around May.

Reporter : Ko Jae-wan star@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

==================

Sayroo, the drama that will air on KBS is not this drama. Although the theme of the nine-tail fox is the same but the KBS drama will be a Saguk horror call "The revenge of the nine-tail fox". So basically we will be having two dramas about the nine-tail fox this year.

Before I even got to that part: "Western countries have Dracula....." I knew that the story somehow patterns with Twilight. :lol: hmmm... I haven't seen any Korean dramas with special effects and stuff so I think this is really going to be interesting... Plus, It's Hong Sisters!

Looking forward to see this. goosh~ so many to-see-list ^^

Guest TaroTard

I am really looking forwards to this I will watch it purely for the name "Hong" XDDD ever since My Girl I have thought these girls are amazing and I like Lee Seung Gi he was really good in Shining Inheritance so its good to see him back :)

maybe this drama will help me re-enjoy a Hong drama. it has been a while since a watched one of their's. i've yet to see a story involving a gumiho (horror or otherwise) done well enough to catch my interest.

• 1 month later...
Guest yeohweping

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/04/hong-sis...ugust-premiere/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/04/hong-sisters-gumiho-drama-set-for-august-premiere/

201004280741421117_1.jpg

After writing such beloved, zesty dramas as You’re Beautiful and Hong Gil Dong, the Hong sisters are coming back with a fantasy drama called My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox), which has nabbed a slot in SBS’s upcoming schedule. It’ll take up the Wednesday-Thursday timeslot following the upcoming Kim Sun-ah ajumma-rock-band vehicle I Am Legend (which follows Prosecutor Princess).

The story features Lee Seung-gi as a somewhat wimpy dude who falls in love with a gumiho, which is a classic character in Korean folklore who looks human but eats organs to stay alive. He therefore lives in fear that she will steal his liver, unable to share his worries with his friends who all think he’s the luckiest guy alive to have such a gorgeous girlfriend. The female lead has not yet been selected, and producers are in the later stages of casting her.

This drama had been announced rather early in the process; initial news trickled out almost immediately after they’d finished You’re Beautiful last fall and the details were confirmed in the spring when they cast Lee Seung-gi as their lead. Unlike their other dramas, this one will be largely produced in advance. (Most of their other dramas have filmed at the frenetic pace that accompanies the live-shoot practice, which results in shows being filmed the week they air on television. Hong Gil Dong, as a larger-scale period drama, did begin filming months in advance, but toward the end they were still shooting as the drama aired.)

I’m very curious to see if advance production will affect the drama for the better — and whether this will allow the writers time to smooth out the angsty wrinkles that so often appear in their last few episodes. Regardless, the Hong sisters have a great track record and wonderful comic flair, so I’ll be watching for sure.

===============

201004280910571001_1.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20100428n05883

Sandara Park will most likely be casted as Lee Seung Gi's Gumiho girlfriend

===============

Side note: Actually the PD wants Sandara Park for the Gumiho girlfriend's role since the beginning but the Hong sisters wants to cast Shin Se Kyung for the role instead.

The final casting of the Gumiho girlfriend will be choosen from these two girls, Sandara Park and Shin Se Kyung.

Filming will be starting immediately as well after all the final casting is done.

Guest C51236

^ when it comes to casting, i'm assuming the PD has more say in the matter but how much say does a writer have in casting? [i didnt really pay attention to 'On Air'...]

how will they decide who's going to be the lead? wouldn't the PD want to listen to their writer(s) b/c the Hong sisters probably have this image of what the lead actress is and SSK fits their image? [wouldnt the PD want happy writers?]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kazenai

Will the airing date be pushed forward or stay the same, now that 'I am Legend' is postpone ?

In anycase I am looking forward to Shin Se Kyung's gigantic outbreak, I hope this series will be more popular and entertaining than YaB (loved it)

I am also guessing that the other male lead (you know....the guy who's perfect and loves the chick, but she always rejects him) will be a Gumiho?! wonder who'll fill that job.

Guest kaedejun

huh - reading the plot line from the first post changed my view on this drama. i thought the gumiho was going to be this strong woman whom lee seung gi was attracted to, and then realized she was a gumiho but couldn't run away anymore.

it sounds like the gumiho is more of an innocent girl type... maybe i'm wrong? in that case - it also makes it sound like she's gonna be like go minam, except probably not as innocent?

anyways - it's hong sisters drama!!! i may not like shin se kyung, but i like lee seung gi!!

Guest kazenai

huh - reading the plot line from the first post changed my view on this drama. i thought the gumiho was going to be this strong woman whom lee seung gi was attracted to, and then realized she was a gumiho but couldn't run away anymore.

it sounds like the gumiho is more of an innocent girl type... maybe i'm wrong? in that case - it also makes it sound like she's gonna be like go minam, except probably not as innocent?

anyways - it's hong sisters drama!!! i may not like shin se kyung, but i like lee seung gi!!

I hope she's nothing liek Go Mi Nam ...oh god... hmmm...I'd like it better if she was evil then LSG changes her... ( reversal of your regular kdrama where you have the mean cool dude and teh innocent clutsy girl)

Archived