Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

My Advice for Weight Loss (141-94lb)

*.yl=]*.yl=] UKPosts: 681Member

IDOL

edited May 2010 in fitness & sports
how i lost weight
The image on the left was when I was 11, i was trying to smile but ended up squinting. The image on the right is my new passport picture which had just been take, currently aged 19. Here are my weight stats etc:
Age 11:
Weight: 64kg/141 pounds/just over 10 stones
Body Measurements: 38-35-37 (Bust-Waist-Hips)
Height: erm under 4'9"? under 143cm
BMI: 30.5

Now, Age 19:
Weight: 43kg/94 pound/just under 7 stones
Body Measurements: 32-26-34 (Bust-Waist-Hips)
Height: 5'3/around 164cm?
BMI: 16.6 (trying to put a little bit of weight on now)

Big difference, yes? Lost 21kg overall and over 18 inches around my body.
Started dieting when I was 11, and results were noticeable a month after starting the diet.
It became harder to lose weight when I was 15, as I have reached my "peak" if that makes sense. But since then, I have gradually lost weight slowly until now.

Diet:
-Write down an achieveable end result (weight you want to end up, maybe include measurements too?).
-I printed out a picture of a fat woman and put my face on it for motivation. (LOL). Pin it somewhere where you can see it a lot.
-Find a picture of your inspiration of the type of body you want to achieve. Again, it's for motivation.
-Eat healthily! Have your 5-a-day.
-Drink only water, no soda, or squash. Drink green tea too! It is know for boosting your metabolism. image
-Never let yourself get dehydrated.
-I cutted junk food, sweets, anything like that out of my diet. I even cutted out oil/grease!
-Instead of having a full bowl of rice, go for half. Brown rice is healthier than white rice. (I always had white rice).
-Once every two weeks, treat yourself to one small bar of chocolate or something similar. (Don't do this if you know that it will ruin your diet plan).
-I always wrote down what I ate. Allows me to see if I'm doing good or bad.
-Have 5-6 SMALL meals a day. Keeps your metabolism going. (I usually have, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack).
-For snacks, have fruit, vegetable sticks, nuts and/or dried fruit.
-I never ate after 7. If i was hungry after 7, I'd drink water or snack.
-BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day.
-Do not skip meals.
-Never eat over the daily recommended number of calories. (I've read that its 2000 calories per day for women, I had limited myself to 1000-1500 per day).
-Make sure you eat 4-5 hours before you sleep.
-Have a minimum or 8-9 hours of sleep.
-Everytime I went out for a meal, I always had salad. If it was at a resturant with family and relatives, half a bowl of rice and eat the healthy stuff. More vegetables no matter how much you hate it.
-No alcohol.
-A glass of water before a meal helps. You will feel fuller and wouldn't eat as much.

Exercise:
-Exercise everyday for 1-2 hours. Have one day a week off from exercise. (I ended up doing it more than 2 hours a day and didn't have a day off).
-Join sports teams.
-Cardio exercises are best to get your heart rate going. Remember to warm up properly and cool down properly.
-Interval training exercises are know to be effective at burning fat.
-Don't stick to one sport. Your body will get use to it and may slow down the process. (If that makes sense).
-Don't like sports? Then use an exercise video. image

Etc:
-Weigh yourself every 2 weeks. Shows how progress is going. If you weigh yourself everyday, you may not see any progress then give up.
-Remember, the first few weeks are the hardest. If you stick to this, it will get easier and you will no longer crave for junk food.

Hope this helps you guys! image

I will post a body picture of before and after, but thats not until april when I'm back at home. Currently at university. I have an after body picture. If anyone wants that, I will be happy to post it ^^

After (body picture):
imageimage

I WILL POST A BEFORE BODY PICTURE IN A FEW MONTHS WHEN I'M BACK AT HOME FROM UNI

feel free to ask questions image

EDIT:
hey guys! sorry for not replying for a while! been busy! any more questions, follow me on twitter and ask me there! ill be happy to answer it!
http://www.twitter.com/yuk_lui
frostyrainbowmeiming8_1courtleeejaykiddingbeeanka

Replies

• MiyaviMiyavi `? love is... CaliforniaPosts: 2,034Member
    thanks! but its so hard...about exercising...lols ><"
    how about coffee? can we drink coffee? O_o or is that not recommeneded?
    ♡Without you, there's no reason to go on...♡
    ©Love.Knot*【411】
  • *.yl=]*.yl=] UKPosts: 681Member

IDOL

QUOTE (Miyavi @ Mar 6 2010, 10:30 PM) »
    thanks! but its so hard...about exercising...lols ><"
    how about coffee? can we drink coffee? O_o or is that not recommeneded?

i never drank coffee. but i wouldnt recommend it. usually people drink coffee to waken them up?
    usually, if you exercise, you get tired of course but you do end up having the energy afterwards and being less tired. it always wakes me up

for exercising, start slowly then work your way up. eg. run for 15 mins then gradually increase the time
  • christophertpchristophertp Posts: 142Member
    Hey beautiful, I had a question for you did you stay the same height as you were at 11? I don't see your height anywhere.
  • JaneloveJanelove U.S.APosts: 51Member
    Thanks for posting this.I am curious about your height too, because 94lbs is pretty small. Also did it take you 7 years?
  • kineinkinein single asian and fit ~ weeEeeeEeEe Orange County, LAPosts: 2,056Moderator

QUOTE (*.yl=] @ Mar 6 2010, 05:08 PM) »

I will post a body picture of before and after, but thats not until april when I'm back at home. Currently at university. I have an after body picture. If anyone wants that, I will be happy to post it ^^

Nice post ;) and yeah! post it!

IDOL

QUOTE (christophertp @ Mar 7 2010, 09:24 PM) »
    Hey beautiful, I had a question for you did you stay the same height as you were at 11? I don't see your height anywhere.

added the height and bmi image

QUOTE (Janelove @ Mar 7 2010, 11:23 PM) »
    Thanks for posting this.I am curious about your height too, because 94lbs is pretty small. Also did it take you 7 years?

added the height and bmi image the weight loss was noticeable after a month then it took me 3 years to lose a lot of weight. stopped for a year due to exams. Then when i turned 15, it was hard for me to lose any more weight but i slowly lost a few more pounds

QUOTE (kinein @ Mar 7 2010, 11:32 PM) »
    Nice post image and yeah! post it!

i'll post the after picture. the before will have to wait until april
  • nobody knowsnobody knows what I think outof thisworldPosts: 13,084Member

IDOL

wowwww *0*
    you grew too! although you just ate healthier and exercised more, you still grew!

do you have anything like stretch marks or anything? or noticeable marks? :s

IDOL

edited March 2010
    QUOTE (JapaneseObesession @ Mar 8 2010, 12:09 AM) »
    wowwww *0*
    you grew too! although you just ate healthier and exercised more, you still grew!

do you have anything like stretch marks or anything? or noticeable marks? :s

i was going through puberty too
    *searches around the body* nope image
  • AiMangoAiMango honeypunch. 519Posts: 2,197Member
    wow you started when you were 11? thats crazy.
    drinking water before meals to get full easier.. thats a good tip : O
  • kineinkinein single asian and fit ~ weeEeeeEeEe Orange County, LAPosts: 2,056Moderator

edited March 2010
    Comment retracted.

OP I was curious if you had any pix that was better at describing your body composition. Your pics hide the development of your body.

Also - how tall are your parents? Grandparents?

Any idea the heights of your aunts/uncles/cousins that have passed puberty?
  • Jello.Jello. OINK OINKK. :] CanadaPosts: 1,868Member
    Wow! That is so inspiring ^0^
    Congratulations ! All that hard work definitely paid off o:
  • sunnysoapsunnysoap Posts: 42Member
    Aw, this is so inspiring!
    I do have a question though.. How long would you say it took you to drop thirty pounds? Like a few months? Thanks!<3
  • JaneloveJanelove U.S.APosts: 51Member
    Thanks for answering the questions. By the way, you're very pretty and I like your outfit in the pics. image You look like an ulzzang .
  • TuffcoreTuffcore Karmic RedemptionPosts: 5,204Member

IDOL

Wow incredible. You lost so much weight your eyes open wider! Congrats. Studies show that most girls who are fat at age 12 are likely to be fat the rest of their lives. You battled against the odds and won.
    Pain is temporary
    Glory is forever
  • Happening.IncHappening.Inc CaliforniaPosts: 386Member
    That's so good. I have done the same thing too and i agree the hard work pays off, yet for me becausei am a lot older then you it took me so much longer and i am still trying to lose the remaining pounds. Thanks for sharing your story.
    * Mai *
  • carmoocarmoo UKPosts: 47Member
    Wow well done on losing weight!!
    I'm actually doing pretty much the same things as u right now =]
    but it is really hard when i see my friends eat yummy junk food while i eat my yoghurt and banana haha!
    I eat before 7 as well but sometimes i get really hungry during the night and i just try to go to bed early then and sleep it off lol which works!
    I think while im at university i limit on what i eat as well since my parents aren't here to cook (they try to fatten me up >.<)
    But yeh u look great now!! And u look so different before!! Good job ^^
    *goes and drinks my green tea now*

IDOL

QUOTE (kinein @ Mar 8 2010, 01:37 AM) »
    Comment retracted.

OP I was curious if you had any pix that was better at describing your body composition. Your pics hide the development of your body.

Also - how tall are your parents? Grandparents?

Any idea the heights of your aunts/uncles/cousins that have passed puberty?

mum is 5"2' so around 157cm? and dad is 5"6/7 so around 170cm
    not sure about my grandparents on my dads side. only met my mums side. my grandma has a slight hunchback by my mum says both are tall than me
    my brother, who is younger than me by two years is taller than my dad. my other brother who is younger than me by 5 years, he's as tall as me. and my sister who is younger than me by 6 years is around 4'6/7? around 145cm ish

all my aunties on my dads side are smaller than me, on my mums side, i'm taller than a few of them and some of them are very tall o.o
    all my uncles are taller than me (around the same height as my dad and few are a bit taller than that). i'm like the youngest cousin, but most of them are taller than me. especially the males. my female cousins, i'm taller than most of them

QUOTE (Jello. @ Mar 8 2010, 03:46 AM) »
    Wow! That is so inspiring ^0^
    Congratulations ! All that hard work definitely paid off o:

thank you! image

QUOTE (sunnysoap @ Mar 8 2010, 05:22 AM) »
    Aw, this is so inspiring!
    I do have a question though.. How long would you say it took you to drop thirty pounds? Like a few months? Thanks!<3

took me just under half a year. i was always on the scales everyday. i was obsessed

QUOTE (Janelove @ Mar 8 2010, 05:35 AM) »
    Thanks for answering the questions. By the way, you're very pretty and I like your outfit in the pics. image You look like an ulzzang .

hehe thank you and no problem. always happy to answer questions ^^

QUOTE (Tuffcore @ Mar 8 2010, 08:04 PM) »
    Wow incredible. You lost so much weight your eyes open wider! Congrats. Studies show that most girls who are fat at age 12 are likely to be fat the rest of their lives. You battled against the odds and won.

really? i never heard that before! amazing! *v*

QUOTE (Happening.Inc @ Mar 8 2010, 08:37 PM) »
    That's so good. I have done the same thing too and i agree the hard work pays off, yet for me becausei am a lot older then you it took me so much longer and i am still trying to lose the remaining pounds. Thanks for sharing your story.

no problem and always happy to help ^^

QUOTE (carmoo @ Mar 8 2010, 08:53 PM) »
    Wow well done on losing weight!!
    I'm actually doing pretty much the same things as u right now =]
    but it is really hard when i see my friends eat yummy junk food while i eat my yoghurt and banana haha!
    I eat before 7 as well but sometimes i get really hungry during the night and i just try to go to bed early then and sleep it off lol which works!
    I think while im at university i limit on what i eat as well since my parents aren't here to cook (they try to fatten me up >.<)
    But yeh u look great now!! And u look so different before!! Good job ^^
    *goes and drinks my green tea now*

watching them eat that stuff is absolutely torture especially if it looks soooo nice! im in my first year of uni and i think ive lost a bit of weight. no home cooking for me image and i also have to walk half an hour to campus everyday and half an hour back

thank you everyone! ^^
  • xjungheexjunghee Posts: 283Member

ROOKIE

this is AMAZING!!
    omg, im getting so motivated to work out after reading all these success stories that i know are ACTUALLY true (:
    thank you so much for sharing your experience ~
  • runtoyou989runtoyou989 nickie! iVIP lounge :]Posts: 345Member
    edited March 2010
    congradulations! thats a HUGE accomplishment. your journey was reallly inspiring to me.

if you dont mind, i have a question ^^ i dont think its been asked yet, but,

what are you doing to maintain your current weight? are you still exercising 2 hours every day?
    or are you just generally eating healthier.

blah i would definitely like to lose a few pounds before spring break. i'm 5'3" & 105, aiming to go down to 98. i think 100 is a good goal though.

twitter TUMBLE with me? [four-one-one UNDER CONSTRUCTION (: i've def. been on a hiatus]

IDOL

QUOTE (xjunghee @ Mar 9 2010, 12:35 AM) »
    this is AMAZING!!
    omg, im getting so motivated to work out after reading all these success stories that i know are ACTUALLY true (:
    thank you so much for sharing your experience ~

awww no problem sweetie! image

QUOTE (runtoyou989 @ Mar 9 2010, 12:39 AM) »
    congradulations! thats a HUGE accomplishment. your journey was reallly inspiring to me.

if you dont mind, i have a question ^^ i dont think its been asked yet, but,

what are you doing to maintain your current weight? are you still exercising 2 hours every day?
    or are you just generally eating healthier.

blah i would definitely like to lose a few pounds before spring break. i'm 5'3" & 105, aiming to go down to 98. i think 100 is a good goal though.

i dont mind the question. to be honest, i havent been eating healthier these days. havent really exercised properly because of university work. I hardly eat meals. around a meal a day. i know its bad but i snack on fruit and vegetables. i have to walk to campus everyday and it takes me half an hour to get there and half an hour to get back. i should really eat properly.