what is your country's famous food??

Guest RikoHea

Guest RikoHea
interesting food comparisons
hey!! what is your country's special food or famous food?? it is somewhat enjoyable and interesting if everyone shares their country's famous food right?? thanks for the replies..

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cinnachuu

I'm pretty sure Canada's is Poutine.

Or Beaver Tails.

Not like, a beaver's tail, but a pastry thing shaped like it?

It's reeeeeeally yummy~ ^_^

EDIT: *facepalm* forgot the Asian side of me > w<

I'll name the dishes that my Asian side is mainly made up of? eheh, I'm reeeeally mixed @_@

Vietnam = Pho

China = Fried Noodles and Spring Rolls?

Guest soompier1

I was hoping for someone to say dog. That would have been funny.

Idk I guess for China it would be fried noodles. It's mostly americanized Chinese food that is popular in the US.

Guest GoldFork

In Canada:

-Poutine... I've tried it when I was younger, it's pretty good once you forget all about the cheese curds and the thick gravy. Haven't tried it in awhile though. :P

Philippines:

-Adobo(I can tolerate it, but it is definately NOT my favorite dish)

-Sinigang( OH GAWD, I WANT SOME NAOW)

Guest Champagne*kisses

I guess when it comes to Thai food people think of pad Thai, pad see ew or tom yum koong.

Guest safelittlethoughts

US = anything fast food. Hamburgers. Fries. Milkshake. Basically anything you can find in McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, KFC, etc.

In Philadelphia, it's PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS! :D

But it depends on what store you go to. You have about five steak joints....

Originally from New England so I'd say probably clams or maple syrup. Now I live in the south so definitely collards, fried foods (fried okra, green tomatoes, catfish, chicken...etc), biscuits and country gravy!!! YUM!

Okay heritage wise...um...what's stereotypical chinese food? Dumplings? or noodles? China is diverse. My family is originally from Shanghai so probably "shao long bao" and shanghai rice cakes. lol mmm....soup filled dumplings...*drool*

Guest sweetxxsoul

hmm i live/am born in canada...

so i spose poutine? and smoked salmon for the west coast!

and my parents are taiwanese so

beef noodles, tienbula, rice noodles and such :P

Guest yaewoneee

hmm...Philly cheesesteaks and pretzels :) seriously, i tried a supposed "Philly cheesesteak" in California and it was not the same :(

edit: I forgot that this was for countries...but still. hehe, i forgot my korean side. I guess probably kimchi, bibimbab, gogi etc. and america is probably like..hamburgers, pies or something. lol

Archived