One-sided love story to share?

pico

Have any of you ever been in a one-sided love story...

it seem to happen alot.. why do i feel chemistry? .. but the other person doesn't? ..

it makes me want to give up even trying to find someone =(

why i feel something was there, because of the attention i was getting, but it turned out he doesn't actually like me? .. but he like someone else...

I dont understand love anymore.. i dont seem to know how to give real love.. and even if i love someone, they dont seem to love me back... why only i feel chemistry? .. maybe i just dont understand people. :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmm to make it short 4 years of wasted time liking the person, the person knew it too and sometimes took advantage of that to help him with stuff. broke my heart 3 times. got into college and matured and realized he's a waste of energy and because of the past we can't get together anyway so just stayed friends but recently had some verbal fights and we're not talking anymore.

it happened to me in high school... the guy turned out to be gay! lol. no wonder he didn't like me back ahahaah. but since I didn't know for some time, I thought we had this "special" connection or smth, he was always close to me, forced me to look into his eyes while speaking (i actually have to thank him 1000x for this, because I used to be so shy and never look at ppl's face when I talked), would see me alone all the time etc. GAAH. I felt so special, but it was nothing more than a pure friendship. I still feel weird about it. We don't even talk anymore... we see each other once a year. he really forgot about me eh.

In the end, I will always remember the best memories of my high school with him. That's the best I can keep from this story.

omg! same thing has happened to me too~

ill start from the beginning.

all names of people have been changed~

this happened last year [2009] .

last week of term 2,

me and 2 of my friends Tom & Lily wagged/jigged the whole week to study in the library for yr11 preliminaries, as well as loads of year 12's are studying liek crazy during this period aswell.every is all normal.

then another friend who is in yr 12 names Cherry comes and "helps" us with our maths and all~

Cherry had a question she didnt get and asked us..but we didnt get it aswell so she glanced around the library and found a friend to help her.

Cherry then came back and ask me if i knew the guy sitting across us two tables away.

he was somewhat fimilair, then cherry mentioned if i knew him from iceskating from 2 yrs ago.

then it hit me and i remembered. haha~

OKAY! so term 3 started and library everyday to continue my studies sometimes with Lily but mostly with myself, staying from 3-9pm.

On the first week thursday, when i was leaving the library he waved to me, unexpectedly~

being nice, i waved back and left.

the continuing days he said hi and bye and all, eventually found me on facebook.

and that when i knew his name "Ron", and thats when we started to talk more and more.

his really friendly and nice and super funnny!!!!! and he was saying how it was amazing how he could see me again after 2 years of just a glance at ice skating sport every thursday for 1.5 hrs or so.

so during the 2nd week we were sitting next to each other at the library chatting and studying, (me:studying for prelim's, ron-studying for hsc)we became really tight and everynight before i left the library he'd give me super tight warm hugs~!! >v<

the 3rd i didnt have school i had workplacement with a 2 other classmates at the same place for one of my subjects.

monday. which happens to be my BIRTHDAY -finishing workplacement at 1pm, me and my 2 classmates went to galaxy world and enjoyed a fun moment. then i was down back at the library to ditch my stuff with ron but he said happy birthday to me before i left to help my other friend Sam with his hsc film work, until 7pm. then i went back to the library to find ron and to call my dad to pick me up. so i went outside to call. after calling, Ron wanted to give me a hug so i accepted,then we headed outside since it was stuffy inside the building, and continued hugging and all~ 30mins non-stop hugging. He was just so sweet and all, i felt like i was the most happiest girl alive. haha

3 days later- which happens to be my little brother birthday i was discussing with my friend Lily at the foodcourt about this whole thing, that i've fallen for him, im crazyily over him, and that i should ask him what kind of relationship are we in tonight!

so i waited for him at the library then took him outside and asked him, while we were hugging.

me: "what kind of relationship are we in?"

-pause-

ron:"urm...really close friends"

just hearing those words my eyes started to get all watery and tears were flowing from my face which was on his shoulder.

ron:"we've only known each other for around 3wks so..

-pause-

are you crying ?"

i just couldnt bring myself to say anything but then i let go and told him that my ride home was here, so i left.

that night i told Lily what happened on the phone and she said that she talked to Ron on msn.

and apparently thats how Ron treats friends like.

my heart was totally shattered. now me and ron don't talk as much on msn and all. and when we bump into each other on the streets we'd wave but thats it.

sorry for the super long story. but i feel for you all~!

Guest sam sik

mmm to make it short 4 years of wasted time liking the person, the person knew it too and sometimes took advantage of that to help him with stuff. broke my heart 3 times. got into college and matured and realized he's a waste of energy and because of the past we can't get together anyway so just stayed friends but recently had some verbal fights and we're not talking anymore.

Wow looks like we're both on the same boat. I liked her for 4 years, she broke my heart 3 times.

I did a lot for her. And personally, I knew that we might never be together, but at least be really good friends. But after being with her for awhile, I started to realize that, I was doing so much for her yet I didn't get much appreciation back. So i argued with her.

When I argued and fought, she just gave up and tossed me aside. Just like that. You would think that if you were good friends, after an argument you would try to make up again. But not in this case..

So I felt really cheated. I felt as if all the things I've done, all the time we've spent together, was actually meaningless.

Guest _writer_

There's this guy whom I like so much...I'm already sick and tired of liking him 'cause he doesn't like me back, but I'm still into him and I just shake my head secretly whenever I look at him (secretly) and tell myself.."when will you be out of my mind and my heart?!"... :wacko:

Guest leehyori2

Sometimes i feel its one sided love, or not. Maybe i couldn't accept reality. There this girl C(name spoofing for personal privacy). She is actually the first girl i ever like within my 15 years of life. It took me 1 year before i could actually talk to her, that one year of liking.She changed me quite alot, i basically gave up almost everything as what a normal 16 year old would do, eg. gaming,watching kdrama, manga/anime. Its like as if i lost interest in looking at net girls eg. SNSD? i dont know why but i dont find any of them cute or hot (no flaming please). I only find girl C the prettiest and i dont get turn on anything else (normal for a guy right?). But then again she changed me for the better. I kinda focusing on study more now. I want to be more mature. There's nothing wrong liking a 2 year older girl right?

I ask her, "what am i to you?" and she reply's "i don't know". She treats me like a bf and sometimes don't, it really confuses me.

I ask her out on a date after a excursion (ends at 1pm), and she says maybe/ok. Most of her answers are "i dont know", so im basically thinking about her answer too much. Alot of people say I'm just screwing myself up liking this girl because im learning her language. I just want to understand her more because i dont want to ever see her cry and not knowing why. Right now i set out a long term goal. Hoping that she would fall for me one day, showing that im a worthy guy. I may be rejected again but i dont know what keeps me going.

Guest alex.bonita

Awww I've been on both sides of a one sided love.

One guy, whom I definitely loved with all my heart, just didn't regard me as anything. I don't even know why I liked him. I mean he wasn't morally sound, he used me, took advantage of my feelings for him etc. We had to spend a lot of time together, because we both played sports for the same team, so that made me feel even worse. I really did a lot to try and get something out of the situation, but he never liked me and never will. At the time, I felt the whole world was crashing down. All those melodramatic feelings you get lol. But now I definitely learnt from my mistakes and it doesn't affect me in the slightest anymore. When I see him around (as he lives in the same area as me) I just feel anger lol.

This isn't the only one sided love i've experienced, the other one was just no mutual feelings and nothing more.

As for the other side, I can totally understand the whole one sided thing. There's a guy who's liked me for around two years now, and I've never felt the same. He's a good friend, and I love him, but not in a romantic way. I mean, I tried to make myself like him, but it would be unfair on myself and him. I think once I experienced it from this side, I don't get hung up on feelings anymore. I used to think 'Oh why doesn't he like me? What is wrong with me?'. But now I realise that sometimes you just can't force feelings, as I said before, it's not fair at all to either party.

Just as someone said above, as bad as it feels everything gets better with time (:

Guest undesirable_gurl

I wouldn't really call it a one-sided love. That other person probably has the most love for you. But because everyone perceives love in a different way, they'll call it a one-sided love. I used to think like you. Trust me. Loving someone so much but they don't love you back like you love them because they show their love differently. I've learned that love is diffferent for everyone, but once you allow their way of love, its no longer a one-sided love story. It becomes your love story with him/her.

Guest badbear

I use to be in love with one of my "best friends" back in high school and I thought he loved me, too, since we were so close to each other. He even told me that he "loved me." He didn't. He took advantage of me. We got extremely close to having sex, but luckily it never actually happened. After a lot of arguing, confusion, and hurt feelings from me, he basically told me that he didn't really love me like that and ran off with one of my other "friends". I pretty much ended my friendships with everyone in that particular group that I use to hang with.

Guest Shaneira

Awww...That makes me think back a couple of years ago. I was inlove with a man who treated me so well, but he already had a gf. He just saw me as a little sister, because of the age gap, but it wasn't unusual for people to think I was his gf, because of the way we would treat each other. People would approach me and go "Oh, so you're the girlfriend!".

It hurt so much...Because I knew there was something, but it would never be enough for us to be together.

He got married and because life kicks your butt from time to time, he asked me if I could sing on his wedding. And for some stupid reason, I did. I was there, standing in front of the both of them, watching them vowing their love to each other. I was there singing for them, although all I wanted was to run out of that freaking church. The following months were hell. And that's when I decided I needed to "leave" and turn away from everything and anything that connected me to him.

And that was about 3 years ago...

• 2 months later...
Guest kk188

for five years.one sided love.

our world just too different.five years,if u're going to say that it just a crush then i just dont know love anymore.

even when i liked other guys,after a few months,that feeling came back.i felt pathetic.i'm just not good enough for him.

so that i would stop hurting myself,i decided that we should be strangers.i should forget him and act as if he doesn't exist.but i'm an idiot.my heart stumble everytime i saw him.it skipped a beat.hopeless isn't it?

i've wasted five years.wth is that?

Six whole years. And I still like him. Too bad he'll never know. It grew from giggles to butterflies to fun to comfort. Whether it was love or not, I'll probably never know either.

It's not the fact whether he'll like me or not, but we just can't because somehow we're literally worlds apart now.

I think I can let him go since I never really gave much in the first place but I like this feeling. Comfort.

Guest bhaby gurl

well there's this one guy....

i really like him a lot(up until now) and its been a year now so huhu...

he somehow showed me signs that he likes me...

like he's been staring at me, he's watching me and stuff

and sometimes he's friends were kinda like staring at me(like they're gonna kill me or something)

but then he graduated from high school and well he has a girlfriend now(i saw him in his car together with his gf and well when my friend called him he said that he cant talk 'cuz he's with he's gf OUCH!!!)...

and well i know that we wont be together but i cant stop myself from liking him and my friends were advicing me that i should just forget about him but i still cant its like my eyes were only looking at him and no other guys at all...

but then i always believe that things happen for a reason and if were meant to be then we'll see each other again hehe..

Archived