Title: 산부인과 여의사 / Sanbuingwa Yeouisa

Also known as: Obstetrics and Gynecology Doctors / OB/GYN Doctors

Genre: Medical, romance

Episodes: TBA

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2010-Feb-03 to TBA

Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis

The drama depicts the life of a talented OB-GYN doctor, Seo Hye Young, and the difficulties she faces with her profession. Her love life takes an unexpected turn when she's pursued by two younger men: one is a pediatrician at her hospital, Lee Sang Shik, and the other is her friend, Wang Jae Suk. (Credit: DramaWiki)

Cast

Jang Seo Hee as Seo Hye Young

Ko Joo Won as Lee Sang Shik

Suh Ji Suk as Wang Jae Suk

Jung Ho Bin as Yoon Seo Jin

Lee Young Eun as Kim Young Mi

Song Joong Ki as Ahn Kyung Woo

Ji Yoo as Cha Young Ah

Lee Eui Jung as Yeon Im

Han Yeo Woon as Soo Jin

Kim Mi Ryu as Moon Young

Hyun Young as Yoon Jin (cameo, eps. 1-2)

Yun Woon Kyung

Lee Ki Young

Ahn Sun Young

Park Jae Hoon

Sung Ji Roo

Character Information

21m8bw1.jpgSeo Hyeyoung (Obstetrician) / Jang Seo Hee

Obstetrics second year fellow ->Section chief of one local hospital.

Workaholic person who lives 365 days in hospital. She has issued many articles as well as has competent surgery skill. She wants to remain in school as a professor. She is a pro-choicer on abortion. She takes a positive position on re-build the abortion law which is not realistic. If she should choose one between mother and baby in emergency case, she surely save mother without any hesitation sacrificing baby.

Now, she faces a difficulty. While she has dated with Mr. Yoon who is senior officer in her hospital, she finds out her own pregnancy. But, Mr. Yoon already has a legal wife. After she does a lady’s abortion operation who bear disabled baby, she is dispatched to a local hospital.

j93ceu.jpgLee Sang Shik (Pediatrician) / Ko Joo Won

Doctor who is in charge of newborn critical patient unit.

He has a character who is half child care center nanny, half doctor. Straight, a little bit inflexible character who likes baby very much and care very well.

Accidentally, one day, he is trapped in elevator with Seo Hye Young and treated her morning sickness. After that accident, he meets her again in hospital operation clinic, then, he become a sole person who know her pregnancy.

When he sees she throw a tantrum to unfairness at the time of debate with patient, he tell to other person that she is a kind lady. Because of that comment, he is treated as a not ordinary man. But, he is interested in Hye Young who is little cynical, but open heart to patient. Rare man who sees her character as it is, not thinking she has too violent temper, too smart to get close.

2f0c689.jpgWang Jae Suk (Obstetrician) / Suh Ji Suk

Sterility clinic doctor where Hye Young is dispatched.

Close friend with Hye Young – Alumnus of preschool, elementary school, and high school.

There is unique feeling between them which is less than love, more than friendship. He catches the sensitive atmosphere between Hye Young and Sang Shik. His heart become unique when Sang Shik carries Hye Young on his back, At that time, Hye Young is in crisis of abortion. He thinks the baby’s father should be Sang Shik, so, he let Hye Young’s mother know her situation and relationship with Sang Shik.

He has opposite position against abortion and he is Catholic. He is a good sterility clinic doctor who receives belief from patient.

24grejo.jpgYoon Seo Jin (Chief of planning department at the hospital) / Jung Ho Bin

The top authority in field of liver, pancreas.

He has lived in works only like any other person who succeed in early age. His wife is tired with that kind of husband, and he lived separately upon her request.

Even during separation period, he doesn’t feel any inconvenience as he is not so interested in family life. He sees Hye Young as a capable doctor who has many possibilities. Surely, he feels attractiveness about Hye Young who is smart and enthusiastic. As he is on separation and both spend lots of time together, they become to have affairs. He doesn’t think Hye Young’s pregnancy seriously. He think she know Hye Young very well and he believe Hye Young take abortion operation by herself.

257ox6s.jpgAhn Kyung Woo (Obstetric second year resident) / Song Joong Ki

Resident under Hye Young.

Typical case who choose doctor course due to the economic reason rather than sense of mission. He joins obstetric section as he failed to join skin care section.

His thinking is continuously, as soon as receiving doctor license, opening skin care clinic. As a result ,he spent very difficult time under Hye Young who start work even from 5:50 AM.

nluelt.jpgKim Young Mi (Nurse at delivery room) / Lee Young Eun

She is dispatched to obstetric section from newborn critical patient clinic as she was too sensitive. Though she is kind, she is not so smart.

She is so naïve that she believe one resident’s reason to leave her saying his family do not agree marriage with her because of fortune teller’s words, that is, their marriage would result not good ending. She still has lingering affection, even she visited several other fortune tellers to find out their marriage will really cause bad result.

Additional Information

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN2XAwLaD3I

Official Website: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/sanbu/

Ratings: Here

Viikii's OB/GYN Doctors Channel: Here

Chinese Subbed Episodes 01 / 02 / 03 & 04 / 05 / 06 / 07 / 08 / 11 / 09 & 10 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 [END] (Credit: cococrust)

OST: Part 1 / Complete OST(Credit: cococrust)

News

OB/GYN Eye Catching Posters (Credit: DramaBeans)

SBS's New Mid-Week Drama (Credit: DramaBeans)

Screen Captures (Credit: Luv)

Episode 01

Episode 02

Episode 03

Episode 04

Episode 05

Episode 06

Episode 07

Episode 08

Episode 13

Episode 14

Episode 15

Episode 16

Summaries (Credit: pinkwave, csfan & suhjisuk-1.weebly.com)

Episode 01

Episode 02

Episode 03

Episode 04

Episode 05

Episode 06

Episode 07

Episode 08

Episode 09

Episode 10

Episode 12

Episode 13

Subtitles

Haru2subS is currently recruiting for this series. If you're willing to assist them please contact them.

Episode 01 - 12 (Credit: palikero67)

POST WILL BE UPDATED WHEN MORE INFORMATION IF AVAILABLE

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...this thread is very quiet on the drama's opening day...hehe...

I just watched episode 1...thought it was very interesting...very promising drama.

There are many great scenes.

Here are some pictures from episode 1...

I didn't take any picture of the medical stuffs...didn't want to scare people off...hehe...

obgyn1n1.jpg

obgyn1n2.jpg

obgyn1n3.jpg

obgyn1n4.jpg

obgyn1n5.jpg

obgyn1n6.jpg

obgyn1n7.jpg

obgyn1n8.jpg

obgyn1n9.jpg

obgyn1n10.jpg

End of Episode 1.

I thought I would check this out because of Jang Seo Hee :) but yeah thread is very quiet... Reading from the synopsis, seems like the main pairing is JSH and KJH.... Too bad, I wanted a JSH and SJS pairing....

JSH looks pretty as always....but I preferred her hair in TOW hehehe

Watched the 1st episode without subs, the show looks promising. I too wish it was subbed since my Korean is limited. I hope someone will sub.

EDIT

Just found out that Viikii is subbing. They're only at 2% english so far, but at least they're subbing.

Guest pinkwave

thanks for sharing the pics and torrent downloads...

i want to watch this drama because of jang seo hee..i want to be amazed with her acting and pretty face...but i prefer her hair in temptation of wife..

i like the story because it depicts what is really happening in the society where women are more focused on their career than their role as a mother...

Jang seo hee's role is interesting because i think it will be hard for an obgyn to advice good things to her patients because she's also pregnant and she doesn't like it, right? spoiler alert: (correct me if im wrong but she has unwanted pregnancy.. )

I've also read somewhere that there are only few obgyn's in korea and there are only few women who go to obgyn's because they are too expensive...so this drama aims to promote this profession, to change society's problems and to share how hard it is for women to have babies....

i think i will learn a lot from this because i am a woman...

I think the first ep was really interesting. I haven't seen any real medical drama so at the first scene, I did not really watch it but glance to it. However it's getting more exciting after. I think Jang Seo Hee is doing great so far as we can the conflict started in her mind. She found it was hard to advise others because she did not really know what to do right now. I feel sorry for her when the patient realized her relationship with a married man. However I think next ep will promise some interesting things happen. Also I look forward to the new relationship between Seo Hye Young and Lee Sang Shik

Guest mayadee666

The first episode was quite well with the ratings. It's 9.5%, it's the 2nd after Chuno (for drama's ratings). So I might going to watch it. I haven't watched any medical k dramas yet. So I kinda curious what about the premise. This drama reminds me of a J drama called Gyne (it's aired on fall season last year).

@beamonkr

Ah thank God viikii's subbing this. I'm gonna take a peek for the first episode then. I hope it's good. And I kinda like medical drama. :)

Guest pinkwave

SUMMARY OF EPISODE 1

CREDITS TO: http://suhjisuk-1.weebly.com/episode-1.html

Episode 1: Pleas Let Me Kill My Baby

A couple comes in to the medical center. The pregnant woman feels pain in her stomach and she tells the resident doctor Kyung Woo that her eldest 5-year-old boy accidentally hit on her belly which caused pain in her stomach. At the same time, a pregnant woman is being sent to the medical center after a traffic accident.

This is the first day the OB&GYN doctor Hye Young reports to the medical center as a new manager. After she examines the first pregnant woman, she decides to have the baby delivered right away because the baby shows weak heartbeats due to the mother’s womb rupture. Ignoring the protest from Dr. Jung, Hye Young performs the Caesarean Section surgery on the woman and the baby is born safely under partial anesthesia and womb rupture situations. Hye Young chooses to remove the womb in order to save both lives of the mother and the baby. It only takes the record-breaking 3.5 minutes for Hye Young to complete the surgery.

Early in the morning, Chief Nurse Soo and the Infertility Doctor Wang Jae Suk chat while they are walking in the hallway of the medical center:

Jae Suk: Good morning.

Soo: Did you not go home again yesterday night?

Jae Suk: Who?

Soo: Who else? I am talking about you - Dr. Wang!

Jae Suk: Are you my wife? Your nonsense-talking mouth makes my life insecure! I am a single man … a single man!! We each mind our own business, OK?

Soo: OK.

Jae Suk: Are you dating someone?

Soo: What's up?

Jae Suk: Why are you wearing a fashion outfit?

Soo: You are so out-of-date. I feel gloomy today because I have to work long hours. I dress pretty today because I have been confined here too long. So what? So what? You Dr. Wang have never done me a favor!

At this moment, they see the senior manager is supervising construction workers to do jobs.

Jae Suk: How come this medical center has always been under renovation?

Soo: Because our CEO is very attending to matters. It took tremendous efforts to get this big project.

Jae Suk: Due to this project, our manager has been so excited! He has been staying long hours at the medical center recently.

Soo: Is the new OB manager your ex-colleague? Do you want to know who is here?

Jae Suk: I don’t want to know at all! No. 1 – the daughter of a rich man, No. 2 – the son of a big affiliated corporation, No. 3 – a friend of an elite enterprise. Who do you expect?

Soo: I hope that the person is honest.

Dr. Jung infuriatedly walk by the nurse counter.

Jae Suk: What happened?

Kyung Woo: He just had arguments with the new OB manager!

Soo: The new OB manager?....

Jae Suk: No. 3 … Huh… She indeed comes here!??...

Soo: Who is No. 3?

The CEO of the medical center talks to Hye Young. She warns Hye Young not to cause trouble like what happened in the morning. Hye Young states that she was saving lives, not causing troubles. She proudly tells the CEO that she could be fired whenever the CEO decides.

Hye Young leads Kyung Woo and nurses to visit about 12 patients in the medical center. She is very strict and detailed. Everyone is surprised at her ability.

Jae Suk: Didn’t I tell you all before? Don’t worry! Dr. Suh!

Jae Suk (talks to Hye Young): What do you like to eat? This cafeteria offers good food!

Hye Young: Liquor-relief soup.

Jae Suk: Are you pregnant? Why do you want to eat liquor-relief soup? OK.

There is a 24-hour store serving the liquor-relief soup at the intersection in front of the medical center.

Hye Young drives her car to a place along the seashore to relieve her anxiety and to ask a female doctor friend to perform an abortion on her next week. Hye Young is pregnant with Mr. Yoon Suh Jin’s baby. Suh Jin’s is a manager in the University Medical center and is ambitious to run for a political position. He has been separating with his wife but has never divorced his wife. Namely, Hye Young has been dating this married man for a long time.

Sang Shik, who is a Pediatrician working at the local clinic. He notices that Hye Young sadly stands along the seashore and throws a necklace into the ocean.

A young couple is glad to watch their baby moving shown from a sonogram terminal. The wife Young Yim asks Hye Young to test the blood type of the baby. Hye Young informs Young Yim that doing blood-type test will increase the rate of baby death 1.4% and therefore the test must be agreed by both the husband and the wife.

Lee Yoon Jin, the well-known TV announcer and the daughter-in-law of the owner of a big financial group, comes to the medical center for examination. She is diagnosed with the Placenta Previa problem. The CEO designates Hye Young to be responsible for Yoon Jin because Hye Young is an expert of treating Placenta Previa. The rumors about Yoon Jin’s getting pregnant before she got married have been spread on internet. Yoon Jin tells Hye Young that the baby was tested having the Down Syndrome.

Hye Young and Yoon Suh Jin meet and go to a supermarket to buy things. Coincidentally, Young Yim and her husband are also shopping in the supermarket. Young Yim overhears Suh Jin’s cell phone conversations from which she learns that Suh Jin is a married man.

In Hye Young’s apartment, Hye Young let Suh Jin know that she is six-week pregnant with his baby. Suh Jin tells Hye Young that it is impossible for him to divorce his wife. Hye Young says that she will resolve her own pregnancy by herself.

Next morning, Young Yim tries to convince Hye Young to test her baby’s blood type because she is not sure if the baby is her husband’s or from another man she slept with. She asks Hye Young to write a false blood-type test report so that she doesn’t need to go through abortion and she will keep the secret of Hye Young’s dating a married man.

Then, Yoon Jin asks Hye Young to perform a surgery on her and abort the baby so that she won’t have a Down Syndrome baby and she doesn’t have to go to another medical center to have abortion which might elicit her mother-in-law’s suspicion. Hye Young rejects the request and states, “To an OB&GYN doctor, a mother’s and a baby’s lives are 2 lives!”

Hye Young receives a phone call from Jae Suk to eat dinner together.

Jae Suk: Haven’t I told you not to eat so fast? I can’t catch up with your easting speed!

Hye Young: How far of the pregnancy can a woman ask for an abortion?

Jae Suk: I don’t want to do it. Usually, the fetus is 22 weeks (5.5 months) old.

Hye Young: You don’t perform surgery anymore, do you?

Jae Suk: It is immoral for an Infertility Doctor to do abortion surgery. If the pregnant woman wants an abortion, my responsibility is just to give her some advices.

Jae Suk: How old is the fetus?

Hye Young: 30 weeks.

Jae Suk: 30 weeks! It is too much! If the abortion is done, the infant doesn’t even need to be put into the incubator. Isn’t it very difficult for you?

Hye Young: If it is difficult, could you perform surgery for me?

Jae Suk: The surgery requires medical equipments. I saw a sonogram report yesterday, showing two fingers on the baby’s left hand.

Hye Young: So…?

Jae Suk: I haven’t told the woman who wants the abortion … it is a baby girl… It is miserable for that woman to live like that …. Isn’t it?

Hye Young: Tell her the fact! Let her parents decide. Let me take the baby out a little bit later during the baby-delivering process.

Jae Suk: Huh! That woman is unkind because she decides to kill her baby. Why do you want to do the unkind deed for her?

Hye Young: Would you like to go to a place to sing?

Jae Suk: The Karaoke room? Cool!!

Jae Suk and Hye Young sing happily and they score 100 points on a song!

Jae Suk: Does this machine go crazy? I heard that even singers couldn’t get 80 points when they practice singing their own songs in the Karaoke.

Hye Young: I could do everything well. Easy for me to sing well, easy for me to study well, and easy for me to perform surgery well!

Jae Suk: Yup! Job well done!!

Hye Young (says to herself in a low voice): Yup! Easy for me to get pregnant!

Jae Suk: Did you turn off your cell phone? Lee Yoon Jin is having cramps now and is being sent to the ER to have a surgery on her. Do you want to go to the medical center?

Hye Young: Isn’t there someone on-duty?

Jae Suk: But Dr. Jung is the one on-duty.

Hye Young: Hasn’t him always been taking care of VIP customers?

Jae Suk: Dr. Jung is so detailed that he would cut off every blood vessel while performing surgery!

Hye Young: No kidding!

Jae Suk: Usually, it takes 2 hours to perform a Caesarean Section surgery, quite exhausting! Although this is a C-Section surgery, I am a little bit worried because this is a placenta pelvic surgery.

Hye Young: Then, you go! Maybe you could help if the surgery goes wrong.

Jae Suk: I told them I can’t go because I drank too much. However, the pregnant woman you just mentioned is Lee Yoon Jin, right?

Jae Suk: Sigh! If Dr. Jung performs the surgery, he would do the surgery according to whatever Lee Yoon Jin asks him to do.

Jae Suk (answers to a phone call): Oh. I understand. (then he talks to Hye Young) I am told that something happens now … Lee Yoon Jin is bleeding heavily now … I am afraid that something would happen to her… I am leaving now …

Dr. Jung performs surgery on Yoon Jin, and he messes up the surgery. In the meantime, Hye Young and Sang Shik are trapped in an elevator. In the elevator, Sang Shik notices that Hye Young vomits while eating snacks. He puts an acupuncture needle on Hye Young’s wrist to relieve her symptom. Then the elevator is back to normal. Hye Young and Sang Shik each goes their own way.

Hye Young changes her mind and decides to go to the medical center to perform surgery on Yoon Jin. She bumps into Suh Jin when she rushes to the operation room. Suh Jin urges Hye Young not to perform surgery on Yoon Jin because Yoon Jin is almost in a coma, which might cause Hye Young to lose the opportunity of being a medical school professor if Hye Young fails this surgery. Hye Young refutes Suh Jin and goes into the operation room to save Yoon Jin’s and the baby’s lives. After the baby is delivered, Sang Shik enters the operation room to revive the baby who is under insufficient oxygen state.

Archived