Scar from burned with boiling water :c

Guest lychee-orange

Guest lychee-orange

how to get rid of it?
So it's been a month i think since i accidentally burned my hand with the water i just boiled.

About 2-3 days later i got some water bump under the burned skin, n then 2-3 days after they shrunk (became flat) n then the skin got peeled.

The burn has been healed perfectly within 2 weeks BUT it left scars.

the colour is purple n it IS visible :(

Anyone know what to do with this scar?

Cos it seems it won't be peeled again, which means it would left like this forever, maybe getting darker (not just purplish).

Thanks before... Really appreciate everyone's answer.. =(

Guest Rebelliousbaby

So it's been a month i think since i accidentally burned my hand with the water i just boiled.

About 2-3 days later i got some water bump under the burned skin, n then 2-3 days after they shrunk (became flat) n then the skin got peeled.

The burn has been healed perfectly within 2 weeks BUT it left scars.

the colour is purple n it IS visible :(

Anyone know what to do with this scar?

Cos it seems it won't be peeled again, which means it would left like this forever, maybe getting darker (not just purplish).

Thanks before... Really appreciate everyone's answer.. =(

hehe That is great, it won't be peeled again

Guest Kitty07

Bio oil ! Rub and massge it on the scar like 3 times a day , or just everytime you remember .

I have this huge bruising and scar from a dog bite on my leg . Got it on Nov. 2009, and I've just been rubbing bio oil on it heaps, it's nearly gone and the dark colours definitely lightened up (:

vitamin E cream lightens a scar. i had a scar on my hand from boiling water too :(( i put vitamin E cream on it for a month or so and you can barely see it. if you go to shoppers or your local pharmacy you can buy some. its around $8?

hmmm... it'll disappear in a few months, don't worry about it. You didn't peel the skin off when it was still soft, did you? Hmmm... it doesn't matter...

I've burned my hand with oil a few months ago, there's still a very light scar left. But i'm sure it'll be completely gone in a few months. =]

Burn scars on hands go away very fast, faster than scars on the face... Or that's what i've noticed in these past years

Guest staycleancut

I heard Kem Nghe (a vietnamese cream) lightens scars quite a bit. Or you could just get the actual root that the cream is made from which is a turmeric root.

Guest F4llingSt4rz

I heard Kem Nghe (a vietnamese cream) lightens scars quite a bit. Or you could just get the actual root that the cream is made from which is a turmeric root.

You can try the cream or I think it's better to buy fresh root from an Asian market. Dig a hole by using a toothpick and get it little by little and apply directly on the spot. It looks a bit dirty because of the yellow pigmentation left behind, but hey it works pretty well. Hope this help..

Guest lychee-orange

thank u so much guys^^

really really appreciate.

n no didnt peel it myself while the skin was being peeled,

but maybe i kinda harm it cos i often wash my hand, take a shower, etc etc :(

ya i do think the darkness color is be caused of being exposed by sunrays.

i mean i couldnt protect my hand all the time when i was out :( :(

too bad .

now i just put some whitening lotion (actually it is for face)

but it doesnt seem getting better.

hmm.. it should naturally fade over time.. but I recommend Egyptian magic. This cream works especially well if the scar is new (since it is new, the cream can help it heal faster). Not amazing for old scars, but it should definitely work for yours.

Warning though: its a bit oily.

Guest LoveMandee

OMG I did the same thing. I spilled boiling water on my stomach. :( Now I have a dark purple splotch. I've been hoping it'll clear up on its own but so far, it hasn't. I'll try bio oil or vitamin E cream.

Guest CitrusFlower

The same thing happened to me. I just left it there and when people asked about it I told them it was a birth mark. It's gone now though, so it should heal over time. Just pay no attention to it, I didn't care much about it so when it faded I was really surprise.

Guest greeenkiwi

I have gotten a ton of scars in my lifetime. In fact, I have some pretty bad ones right now from a rash. Anyways, my mother swears by Vitamin E, but it's actually not even proven to work. What's proven is that majority of people who use it on scars notice reddening and itching. I was using Vit. E and I didn't understand why I was so itchy. Then I stopped, and the itching stopped. So be careful with it.

I haven't found an effective cream but I do find that exfoliating that scar daily and roughly helps it lighten and eventually disappear over time. Works with all my scars. And again, I swear I have pretty bad ones.

Oh and if you google around, things that have been PROVEN to help are things like Vitamin C, silicon gel (especially for burns), etc.

Aloe vera is said to treat burns. Cut one up and extract the gel inside and just rub it on your scar. Or you can buy the aloe vera gel from store, not sure how well that works though.. I say the first method should be better, less processed.

Guest themadwriter

Ive heard bio-oil can lighten the scar. It has vitamin E in it as many people were recommending it.

If you can, you can also prescribe retinoid, it's good for skin renewal.

i think it will heal with time. i splashed boiling soup all over my left hand back in 2006 (i remember cos we had band practices and i had tissue wrapped over my hand because there was like pus-ish stuff in my hand), and as far as i can recall, and marks faded within that year. my hand looks perfectly fine now.

so dont worry!!

Archived