Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bed/you vibrating while falling asleep

weird!!
weird feeling last night or a few nights ago I felt like there was an earthquake or something because either me or my bed was shaking (vibrating) so I sat up for a little bit then went back to sleep. i'm pretty sure it was not an earthquake, no one else felt it that night and nothing was on the news. i talked to my friend and he said hes gotten that feeling before. i also read online and some people feel it too. it wasnt the feeling as if i was about to fall out of my bed or it wasnt a jerking feeling in my legs or anything it felt like i was shivering or something. who else had this before??

Replies

• plz_be_quietplz_be_quiet Posts: 43Member
    maybe you forgot to turn your vibrator off.
  • onnetwothreefouronnetwothreefour Posts: 785Member
    lol. ALOT of people said the exact same thing to other people's post about this subject.
  • 한스 ㅋㅋ한스 ㅋㅋ jifewohoefncei Posts: 4,659Member

IDOL

yeah I do feel it sometimes as well.
    I don't think it's a big deal.

even worst, sometimes my legs move by itself.
    I'm not sure why, or if it's a bad thing or not, but it's definitely not a nice feeling.
    Because sometimes it feels like you're gonna fall out of your bed xD

• ParappaRappaParappaRappa You gotta believe! Posts: 1,836Member
    hmm...just a jerk? because sometimes i randomly jerk in my sleep too. like, when i'm half-asleep and i dreamed something big happening and my legs jerk and then it wakes me up fully lol

but vibrating?? do you mean getting the chills? haha
    lol jerk is another situation. what i felt was like my bed was shaking or i was shaking. im pretty sure i wasn't cold so no chills. i read that it means your muscles are going into "relaxing" mode
  • deverishdeverish SoCalPosts: 205Member
    edited January 2010
    Never had that happen before other than when it really was an earthquake.
    Ever try checking this site to see if it was?
    http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/118-34.html
  • maybe its your heartbeat?

lol i think ive experienced that ^^"
  • suzushiisuzushii Posts: 838Member
    I have that too, and often. I even have it while in a chair if I relax enough. And it sucks because I'm in an area where earthquares actually happen.

I usually check out the lamp or some other object that would be vibrating too if there really was an earthquare, but covertly image

It's orthostatic blood pressure. Fancy name for - low blood pressure when you're relaxed or laying down, or changing body positions.

Your heart goes like: ok, body position 180 degrees, systems fully functional...what the heck, the brain just messed me "dude, kinda low on oxygen here wtf",
    hey ear sensors what are you doing
    Ear sensors: "sorry, 4got to tell u, body went 90 degrees, ktnxbye".
    Heart: aw man, rebooting the system is going to take at least 5 seconds, brain is gonna go woo woo again
    Brain: "um, heart, i think there's an earthquake image ...oooooh pretty stars, low oxygen is trippy"
    QUOTE (suzushii @ Jan 24 2010, 11:34 AM) »
    I have that too, and often. I even have it while in a chair if I relax enough. And it sucks because I'm in an area where earthquares actually happen.

I usually check out the lamp or some other object that would be vibrating too if there really was an earthquare, but covertly image

It's orthostatic blood pressure. Fancy name for - low blood pressure when you're relaxed or laying down, or changing body positions.

Your heart goes like: ok, body position 180 degrees, systems fully functional...what the heck, the brain just messed me "dude, kinda low on oxygen here wtf",
    hey ear sensors what are you doing
    Ear sensors: "sorry, 4got to tell u, body went 90 degrees, ktnxbye".
    Heart: aw man, rebooting the system is going to take at least 5 seconds, brain is gonna go woo woo again
    Brain: "um, heart, i think there's an earthquake image ...oooooh pretty stars, low oxygen is trippy"

i think you're right! recently I been put on beta blockers (slows heart rate and lowers blood pressure) and I think sometimes I feel it too when Im sitting in a chair! has your doctor said its dangerous or anything?
  • suzushiisuzushii Posts: 838Member
    QUOTE (onnetwothreefour @ Jan 24 2010, 12:37 PM) »
    i think you're right! recently I been put on beta blockers (slows heart rate and lowers blood pressure) and I think sometimes I feel it too when Im sitting in a chair! has your doctor said its dangerous or anything?

It's not (however I have no idea about people under beta blocker treatment, not a doc image). Well, as long as it doesn't get too low obviously, you can faint then. I had a period where it was quite low for me (80/50) plus my pulse dropped a bit under 60 (which is not healthy) and boy did it feel SOOOO weird, dizzy, and you also get this detached, otherworldliness feel, like you're looking at a movie of yourself, not cool, it turned out I was exercising too much, and as soon as I toned it down, it went away.

It's quite common in young people, skinny people, and people who exercise (since all these are associated with low bp). Caffeine helps. Salt too. Even since I drink a cup a coffee a day, my BP has jumped over 100/60, and I stopped feeling them so often.
  • sojuiicysojuiicy Posts: 531Member
    I believe it happens when your lacking oxygen. Hopefully you're not sleeping with your blanket over your face because it can cause that " there's a ghost sitting on my face " feeling LOL

Shop Status Requests Survey
  • RNB__VIIBEZRNB__VIIBEZ Posts: 191Member
    mmm you sure its not sleep paralysis or anything?
    Please kindly follow the signature rules.
  • icyicygurlicyicygurl Posts: 83Member
    maybe it's the train station or subway. there's a subway station that takes me 10mins to walk there. i sometimes still feel my bed is shaking/vibrating? o-o
  • Regina RaeRegina Rae Posts: 4,249Banned
    I think the name for it is body tremors?
    formspring
    Love live Regina Rae
  • micoxddmicoxdd rawrr Posts: 193Member
    twitching? or sleep paralysis? loll
  • miss_prada_gmiss_prada_g Miss Prada G MarylandPosts: 13Member
    QUOTE (micoxdd @ Jan 24 2010, 09:34 PM) »
    twitching? or sleep paralysis? loll

I've experienced sleep paralysis before...no vibrating sensation, just a stiffening of your body hence the word paralysis. image
  • Honey.beeHoney.bee ? beepPosts: 6,094Member
    Oh, that jerk/twitch? It's a very natural and common phenomenon. It happens every once in a while. I think it's called Myoclonus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus
    twitter
  • sugarplum892sugarplum892 USAPosts: 9,549Moderator

maybe its because its windy outside?
    my bed shakes a bit when its really windy outside....lol

• xxLollipopxxLollipop It goes L-O-L-L-I-P-O-P Posts: 143Member
    oh gosh, yeah i've experienced it before image
    i always thought that they were mini earthquakes haha
    i'd ask people if they'd felt it in the morning and they'd look at me weird. XD
  • AestasAestas Posts: 2,282Member
    i've had that happen too, but then i realized it was my heart beating. lol.