Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeremy Lin

Replies

• cindy-yangcindy-yang neenah wisconsinPosts: 1,441Member

IDOL

^^^ I believe he's in it. You can look it up on NBA.com
    Jay Park <3
  • MR. LEE'SMR. LEE'S wifey daryl! Posts: 4,914Member
    i'm in love with him. he's cute and he's such a beast. damn it.
    Please follow the signature rule
    nana544
  • charmloveb2stcharmloveb2st Posts: 1Member
    I just pretty much adore Jeremy because he's just so humble about all this success and gives all the glory to God :)
    Rin&amp;lt;3
  • yumei86yumei86 Supporting MC Mong and 1n2d FOREVER!!! Posts: 2,965Member

IDOL

Too be frank at first i dun know who is he but i looked up on Youtube and saw his amazing skills and also his unselfishness by passing the ball to his teammates when other opponents is blocking him and prevent him to score! Starting to love watching basketball again! I think NY knicks has a game with Chicago Bulls tonight right? No?
    drawsiggy.jpg5703813576_19a19f6dc6_o.jpg
    Lee Seung Gi, Jay Park, 1N2D, Mc Mong, Eun Ji Won, Se7en ----> Airen at heart and Jaywalker in my soul =)
  • robbo4robbo4 California, USAPosts: 1,381Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2012
    THE best story in professional sports! THIS is how a great athlete should be: humble, well-mannered, and the consummate team player. I hope that the example that this guy is setting will become a shining beacon for all of us to emulate. Nice people make the world a better place. Thank you, Jeremy Lin, for showing the NBA how a person should carry himself both on and off of the court... :)
    nana544MeilumiOKAY?Whatever
  • MyNameIs_LukaMyNameIs_Luka igbygrl Vegas BabyPosts: 2,048Member
    edited February 2012
    yumei86 wrote on 22 February 2012 - 11:33 AM:

Too be frank at first i dun know who is he but i looked up on Youtube and saw his amazing skills and also his unselfishness by passing the ball to his teammates when other opponents is blocking him and prevent him to score! Starting to love watching basketball again! I think NY knicks has a game with Chicago Bulls tonight right? No?

^ That's what I noticed the first thing about him too! :o

I kept hearing about this Lin guy so i looked him up on youtube and the first thing I noticed was how dynamic and a huge team player he is with his teammates.

I don't follow basketball but when I do watch a game here and there, their are some basketball players (hint hint Kobe) who really hogs the spotlight and risks the game because they don't want to pass it over to their open team mate -_-

Jeremy is really unselfish on the court so I think that's one of his main attributes of how he has gone so far in his basketball career.
    My Cyworld

Formerly known as AngelBaby
  • mintcrackermintcracker Posts: 7,287Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    He's so cool, I was on youtube and stumbled across that vid.
    Talk about BOSS.

<3

I watched his post match interview and really liked how he was really modest and was all about praising other members.
    Hope he stays humble!
  • 2partsvodka2partsvodka NanaXRen Posts: 3,832Friend of Soompi
    LINfever is on the rise
  • something-likesomething-like Posts: 313Member
    eek...he got owned hard by the heat today...oh well, he'll get back on his feet. Still learning the game.
  • Rin&amp;lt;3Rin&lt;3 Posts: 2,303Friend of Soompi

IDOL

I couldn't finish the game but when I checked the final score, I was kinda glad that I didn't stick around to watch the Knicks get crushed. Man, Lin had the Big 3 all up on him; I guess he got nervous.

But yeah, he'll bounce back. <3 Win some, lose some.
  • rintintintinrintintintin Shining star superstar NeverlandPosts: 1,353Member

SUPERSTAR

Yeah his team lost to Miami. :(  WTH! I didn't expect that. But oh well, I'm sure they will bounce back next time. :D
    "I prove that I'll be successful in the near future." :)
  • mintcrackermintcracker Posts: 7,287Member

IDOL

He's still a *semi* rookie in a way, so can't expect him to always be on top form.
  • Poop-Shoop-A-LoopPoop-Shoop-A-Loop ^ xoxo esoteric. <3 Posts: 5,510Friend of Soompi

IDOL

I know nothing about basketball, but I've been seeing Jeremy Lin mentions everywhere lately.. and I saw some gifs of his parents on the kiss cam on tumblr.. I thought it was so cute/funny HAHA~

Jeremy Lin's Parents on Kiss Cam *click*

I decided to go look for the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeRxyVS-tI
    Totally asian.. no PDA! and lol @ jeremy's reaction
    I, Poop-Shoop-A-Loop, are King of the [stupid people] world [which does not exist].
    [ theSHOP ]
    .tumblr // redballoon
    Y G F A M I L Y : O N E LV E
    LT&amp;lt;3Emerald Snownana544
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,599Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

• karyeekaryee CanadaPosts: 427Member

IDOL

Rin<3 wrote on 24 February 2012 - 12:19 AM:

I couldn't finish the game but when I checked the final score, I was kinda glad that I didn't stick around to watch the Knicks get crushed. Man, Lin had the Big 3 all up on him; I guess he got nervous.

But yeah, he'll bounce back. <3 Win some, lose some.

Lin some, lose some :) 

Hopefully he continues to do well and prove people wrong. 
    jellie_kookienana544Rin&amp;lt;3
  • NaughtyDogNaughtyDog &rea Posts: 2,994Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    I'll give credit when credit's due because Lin's story and stats (save for the game against Miami - Spoelstra did a great job...) are amazing, but I'm not going to jump on the Lin bandwagon like everyone else is just yet. It takes me years to develop respect for players, which is why I tend to follow players more than I do teams, so a few games aren't going to make me wet my panties yet. Does that mean I don't think he'll develop into a great player? Of course not, he has the right mind set and skills to become something amazing, but like the comparisons between LeBron James when he started and Kobe/MJ, Lin needs more experience under his belt.

I do like that Lin seems quite humble despite the attention he's gotten, but I do hope he doesn't let the sudden fame get to his head. I tend to like players who I can respect on and off the court, and imo there are actually a lot of humble players in the NBA right now: Derrick Rose, Shane Battier, Chauncey Billups, Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant just to name a few, so Lin isn't a special case in that aspect.

It will be interesting to see him match up against Rondo, Paul, and Rose in the next month or so, which will be his real test imo. Unfortunately the Knicks don't have any more games against OKC because I would have loved to see how he matches up against Westbrook as well.

@yumei86 and MyNameIs_Luka

Have you guys heard of Steve Nash?
    rintintintinLienana544Eclectic
  • nana544nana544 Posts: 10,367Member

SUPERSTAR

^What the!!! Anyways, his parents are just so cute when they totally just ignore the announcer and the kiss cam :)..so cute! But yeah, I wish Jeremy Lin all the best, hope he will continue to do well in his career whether he's proving people wrong or not. And might I say, he's a cutie!

• Morning OceanMorning Ocean Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 156Member

IDOL

Jeremy Lin is a great role model. His story is inspirational. I hope to see more "Jeremy Lins" emerging out of the woodwork in the near future.

• .EpicLifeStyle.EpicLifeStyle Posts: 88Member

TRAINEE

american taiwanese prideeee wooo!! +1linsanity.
  • KoreaDarlingKoreaDarling ★ YOO ★ 미국Posts: 362Member

IDOL

cindy-yang wrote on 21 February 2012 - 08:49 PM:

Love jeremy lin! Hes good. can't wait till he improves even more :D He's someone i'm going to keep my eyes on in years to come :D
    and i thought i should add a picture :D
    *quoted image*
    I love when he smiles :D
    lmfao at the guy behind him

Aw hes adorable laugh.gif
    We're going down, and you can see it too. 
    We're going down, and you know that we're doomed. 
    My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room.