Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100th Day Celebration for Couples (korean)

... any different from a regular anniversary? o.o
hiii

I tried googling this topic but surprisingly there wasn't much info i could find =/

I know that Korean people celebrate being together 100 days because that's a very important date, much like the 100 days of a child being alive is considered to be a very important thing.

But how different is it from a regular relationship anniversary? is it closer in importance to a one month anniversary? a year?

I want to celebrate with my boyfriend, we're both Korean American but neither of us know what to do really.. lol

i'm sure a nice meal together and spending time are a given... but what else? A card? certain kind of gift??

please help!
i'm sorry if a similar topic has been posted before =/
"Good things come to those who wait and great things come to those who go for it"

Replies

• luvelyasianluvelyasian Posts: 801Member
    hmm or i guess a better way to ask is:

what did YOU do for your 100 day anniversary? image

any input would be highly appreciated~~ thanks in advance <333
    "Good things come to those who wait and great things come to those who go for it"

• ZoidbergMDZoidbergMD Why not? Posts: 1,343Member

IDOL

imo 100th day is a waste of time
    it's not even worth celebrating, its not like you've been together for one year or 10 years
    it's another ploy to get people to waste time and money
    another occasion to receive gifts bleh

but from what i've seen its just like how you go about any other anniversary

TUMBLETRON
    I have kindly read the signature rules.
    You're welcome.
  • [RingoStarx3][RingoStarx3] never ever landPosts: 2,123Friend of Soompi

IDOL

i dont do it... everyday is a normal day in my relationships haha besides birthdays and the real anniversary =]
    im not rich, nor can i come up with a lot of things to make.
  • bonjour tristesse.bonjour tristesse. 가지 마세요. Posts: 7,019Member

IDOL

I do believe there's already a thread for this topic.
    image image
    exotic. wonderful. hottest. kreasus wu's wifey ♡
  • taebins_luvertaebins_luver PROPERTYOF1TYM Posts: 2,575Member

IDOL

^
    yes, there is.
    i'm too lazy to find it though image

my bf says 'no, you're not Korean, it doesn't apply to you'
    so no...it doesn't apply to our relationship
  • angelanessangelaness usPosts: 641Member

IDOL

QUOTE (kcn_ @ Nov 2 2009, 03:13 AM) »
    imo 100th day is a waste of time
    it's not even worth celebrating, its not like you've been together for one year or 10 years
    it's another ploy to get people to waste time and money
    another occasion to receive gifts bleh

but from what i've seen its just like how you go about any other anniversary

Thats what you think,Even though its true that its something so consumers can keep buying somestuff for events, but so is Valentines day. Many people think its very special. Its pretty important to many koreans.

QUOTE (taebins_luver @ Nov 3 2009, 12:47 AM) »
    ^
    yes, there is.
    i'm too lazy to find it though image

my bf says 'no, you're not Korean, it doesn't apply to you'
    so no...it doesn't apply to our relationship

And you dont neccessarily have to be korean to celebrate 100th day. It could be your own little thing with your s/o.
    Nonchristians celebrate christmas. lol you know?

And to the original post. How is it different? It not really. Its just a celebration, a regular anniversary. its more like 3 months anniversary.
    My boyfriend is totally white-washed, and we're both korean-americans. He doesnt really pay attention to 100th days. but I wanted to give him something so i knitted him a scarf and baked him cookies. lol

What do you want to do for 100th day... anythin applies. you can just hang out with him for the day. and or give him a gift. Just make the day special!
    Hope i helped somehow.

blahblahblah
  • luvelyasianluvelyasian Posts: 801Member
    thank you guys~

i do kinda agree that the 100 day could be a 'waste' unless you think of it otherwise.
    i think i kinda expected like a small gift from my boyfriend, but instead of just expecting something and not getting anything, i just told him i was thinking more of small gifts kinda.. like i'm gonna get him a card and i'm not sure what else.

i think the 100 day is a lot better than doing the one month anniversary thing because it's not as soon so there's been more time for the relatioship to grow~

thanks once again, i'm gonna try to get excited about celebrating it even though i'm a bit heisitant on what i should do, heh~

• ling_lingling_ling United KingdomPosts: 3,678Member
    100 days is basically 3month anniversary ~

I never even heard of it until I saw korean dramas ~ actually...no until I went on to Soompi

but its just a regular anniversary ~ I know DBSK said they celebrate 100 then 200 then 300 ~ which is basically 3 months, 6months and a year ~ O_O

So its just a normal anniversary ~ maybe give eachother small gifts ~ etc
    <3 <3 <3
    " You know you've made it when you have your own wikipedia page "
  • Poop-Shoop-A-LoopPoop-Shoop-A-Loop ^ xoxo esoteric. <3 Posts: 5,510Friend of Soompi
    I, Poop-Shoop-A-Loop, are King of the [stupid people] world [which does not exist].
    [ theSHOP ]
    .tumblr // redballoon
    Y G F A M I L Y : O N E LV E