Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double eyelid makeup help

BurberryBurberry Duluth, GAPosts: 124Member
edited October 2009 in beauty & fashion
Shinae....?
I'm sure there has been a thread like this before... but Idk.. I need some help!
I have natural double eyelids, but all the makeup blogs I see online show pictures of girls with either absolutely NO double eyelids, or the kind that have a space between the eye, like Go Ara's eyes.

I don't really know how to explain it.
When I try to put on eye shadow (especially where blending/shadowing is needed, like smoky eyes), my crease 먹어's ("eats up") my make up, so when I open my eyes, you can barely see any of it. (But when I close my eyes, it's obvious that I have a lot of shadow on. And even if I do it right somehow, it ends up smudging at the crease anyway.

My eyes look VERY similar to Shinae (신애)'s eyes, where the crease is close to the actual eye, tilting upwards.

I already get comments that I look "scary" or "mean" because of my eyes, so I only put on mascara. I really want to try smoky style makeup... but I can't!!

Any tips or help? I mean, I do watch Shinae's makeup style to see if I can copy it, but she doesn't really wear a lot of makeup... is that a sign? image

Thanks!

Replies

• BurberryBurberry Duluth, GAPosts: 124Member
  • Cynical 0rangeCynical 0range earth ~ ? x3Posts: 91Member
    edited October 2009
    your description is kinda vague..
    but i think that the kind of eyes that you`re referring to is called "hidden double eyelids"
    [ i have them to (: ]

somebody already made a thread
    CLICK

hope it helps
    I have a wish , please make my love stay forever.

• hellosallyhellosally yours? socalPosts: 864Friend of Soompi
    heyy (: haha i have that kinda of double eyelids too.
    just minimize your makeup a little
    our type of eyes are difficult to deal with, but improvise a little to make it look good on YOU, don't just do it the way the a tutorial might tell you too (:
    good luck~ ^^
    e*miji shoppe - yj 411 - facebook - cyworld - fashion/beauty/lifestyle blog
    Love actually is everywhere.
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ♥♥
  • sakuracupcakesakuracupcake Posts: 98Member
    edited October 2009
    Yeah i have the same exact problem. Sorry, i don't know how to help. Right now i'm putting on a little shadow near my lashline and some eyeliner. Let me know if you get any help.
    also I go to MAC and the ladies there put gorgeous eye makeup on me. problem is that i can't recreate it myself. I guess just practice by putting neutral colors a little bit above the crease.
    QUOTE (Cynical 0range @ Oct 7 2009, 07:03 PM) »
    your description is kinda vague..
    but i think that the kind of eyes that you`re referring to is called "hidden double eyelids"
    [ i have them to (: ]

somebody already made a thread
    CLICK

hope it helps

Oh no it's not sok ssangupuhl.... I mean, I can't really describe it, but my eyes look just like Shinae's (shape and ssangupuhl-wise).
    This picture kind of shows what I'm talking about:
  • angeliclovegalangeliclovegal SingaporePosts: 150Member
    edited October 2009
    Oh I get what you mean. I have lids like that too! Though it doesn't make me look mean or anything but I have a really hard time applying eye makeup because it simply doesn't show up well when I open my eyes.

I'm still searching for a way to apply it so that it looks good though. I'm sorry =x

/edit: I've always noticed Fuzkittie has half-hidden double lids as well. They're especially evident in this picture http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qayrW-d7b5s/Srvi.../s1600-h/e1.JPG

Maybe check out her blog at http://www.fuzkittie.com/ and use a similar technique to apply eyeshadow? I might try it soon myself. Let us know how it goes (:
  • &lt;3goesDOKIDOKI<3goesDOKIDOKI Posts: 6,159Member
    edited October 2009
    ^
    ^ isn't it still considered ssok ssangapeul if you can't see much of your crease when your eyes are open? or maybe like half ssok ssangapeul.. if there is such a thing.. lol based on the pictures of shinae it seems that you can see her double eyelids when shes looking down, but not so much when shes looking straight forward.

unfortunately i think you just have to put on more eyeshadow to go around this =T
    i have seen some photoshoots that shinae did when shes wearing more eye make up so it definitely can be done :]
  • yoroshiku90yoroshiku90 Posts: 1,048Member
    well did you consider ~ when you are making a smokey eye look, it's not necessarily the ssan ga pul crease that is important,
    it's highly dependent the crease between your eyesocket and bone?
    I think you just need to bring your eye makeup higher
    Lucy's Shop. 03/14/11!

A true man hates no one. - Napolean Bonaparte
    QUOTE (angeliclovegal @ Oct 8 2009, 06:39 AM) »
    Oh I get what you mean. I have lids like that too! Though it doesn't make me look mean or anything but I have a really hard time applying eye makeup because it simply doesn't show up well when I open my eyes.

I'm still searching for a way to apply it so that it looks good though. I'm sorry =x

/edit: I've always noticed Fuzkittie has half-hidden double lids as well. They're especially evident in this picture http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qayrW-d7b5s/Srvi.../s1600-h/e1.JPG

Maybe check out her blog at http://www.fuzkittie.com/ and use a similar technique to apply eyeshadow? I might try it soon myself. Let us know how it goes (:

OMG thank you! That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Her eyes are bigger than mine but it's ver similar... do you know of any more blogs like this one?
    edited October 2009
    ^ Hehe you're welcome.
    I don't know of any other blogs like Fuzkittie's, but I'm always on the lookout for them!
    You mentioned in the first post that you wanted to try smoky makeup - try emphasising the outer corner and lower outer lid instead of bringing the eye makeup high into the crease (that we both don't have lol).

Example:

Shinae looks gorgeous with this light smokey eye ^^
    You might not be able to see much of the shadow when you open your eyes, but it does make a difference!

Also to prevent problems with smudging, do use a good eyeshadow primer beforehand..
  • hannieoonhannieoon CaliforniaPosts: 1,032Member
    LoL. Really? All the makeup blogs that I go to all have eyes that are double eyelids.I would put eyeshadow on the crease and wouldn't go up an further because that's probably what makes you look mean. And I wouldn't try the winged eyeliner/eyeshadow look either because it'll make you're eyes look evil, not sexy. Also go for soft washed for eyeshadow. Like pastel colors and avoid using black. And try not to put eyeshadow or liner on the bottom, or at least dark colors. And if you must use liner, I recommend brown because it's softer in color and it's subtle.
    QUOTE (angeliclovegal @ Oct 19 2009, 09:39 AM) »
    Shinae looks gorgeous with this light smokey eye ^^
    You might not be able to see much of the shadow when you open your eyes, but it does make a difference!

Also to prevent problems with smudging, do use a good eyeshadow primer beforehand..

Oh wow, I am so in love with that grey smoky look!
    Do you know what kind of shadows that might be? It kind of looks like light and dark grey eyeshadow.... ? No eyeliner, right?
    Thanks so much. Seriously, it's giving me a lot of new ideas image
    edited November 2009
    Actually I think there's definitely eyeliner.. she probably tightlined so you don't see an obvious line. It's probably a dark taupe-grey shadow, concentrated in the crease, blended and then swirled in the outer corner. Am I making sense? Haha I don't really know how to describe it. I might try to do a step-by-step with pics if you want.. ^^