Comfort Foods for the Sick

sherryberryxx

I've been caught with a flu and feel terrible....do you guys know any good comfort food? What foods do you guys eat when you are sick?

Also is it okay to eat kimchi when your sick? I've been craving it these couple of days but not sure if I should eat it if I'm sick....does it help clear nasal congestion?

Guest loveabella♥

Some warm soup (:

I caught the flu last week, but healed in two days thanks to modern medicine and I just ate kimchi D: My stomach feels bubbly like it did before I would throw up last week, so I don't think it's a good idea to eat it for now ):

hobak jook! :)

IMG_9324.JPG

It's like a pumpkin/squash porridge. The squash itself is really good if you just steam it and eat it. Not sure what it's called but it's green and round and about the size of a "personal watermelon".

Guest goodnessgracious

Chicken soup :) . It is hot, so it soothes a sore throat and helps with nasal congestion. I also contains something (i forgot what exactly) to help your body fight the virus infection.

Guest jiwoneex3

Meenuh i love hobak jook. if it's cooked right, it tastes delicious.

honestly, i love it when i buy it at this korean soup restaurant rather than when my mom made it.

but any kind of soup/porridge is good when your sick.

also some hot tea or hot chocolate.

although i just eat whatever when i'm sick.

I'll eat congee or porridge.If you don't feel like eating anything but want to clear nasal bloackage,then get a bowl of hot water and put your face above it.The steam will clear it for you although it wouldn't last long.

Guest bubblepeach

Chicken soup

Porridge

Warm water with lemon & honey

My mom tells me to avoid eating spicy food when i'm sick but heck i don't care. I still eat spicy food, i just can't eat without chilli =P

Archived