Guest yeohweping

[MBC] Go Na Eun,So Yi Hyun,Lee Hyun Jin,Lee Tae Gon,Jung Yoo Mi
poster_03.jpg

Date of airing : 5th Sept'09 [sat ~ Sun ( 8:45p.m korean time)]

Official site : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/jewel/index.html

Director: Baek Ho Min

Screenwriter: Im Sung Han

Producer: Kim Jung Ho

Cast :Go Na Eun,So Yi Hyun,Lee Hyun Jin,Lee Il Min,Han Jin Hee,Han Hye Sook,Kim Young Ok,Jung Hye Sun,

Lee Tae Gon,Choi Ah Jin,Park Geun Hyung,Hong Yoo Jin,Jung Yoo Mi,Michael Blunck

cast1.jpg

cast2.jpg

Story : A family of troublemakers VS A family with class

Bi-chwi and Ruby are two pretty but shallow women who wish to marry rich men to live comfortable lives. San-ho's goal is to pass the bar exam and gain status and money as a prosecutor and then there's Ho-bak, the youngest in the family, who is always getting into fistfights.This family of five are poor but live a carefree life. The show centers around the romantic relationship between Bi-chwi, the eldest daughter of this family of troublemakers, and Young-guk, the son of a respectable family.

10.jpg - Gung Bi-chwi (Female, age: 28)

Eldest daughter. She has style and a perfectionist personality. She dreams of marrying a rich young man and living in the lap of luxury to reverse her fortune. She begins to date Young-guk who boards at their home and is also a regular customer at the restaurant where she works.

2-2.jpg - Gung Sang-shik (Male, age: 55)

He is the patriarch of the family but acts immaturely. He tries to look young by wearing flashy clothes as he goes through a mid-life crisis. For 30 years of his life, he worked as a hotel doorman.

9-9.jpg - Pi Hye-ja (Female, age: 55)

She's the mother of four children and is full of vanity while causing trouble all the time. She is always buying dresses and jewelry that she cannot afford, creating headaches for her children.

8-8.jpg - Gung Ruby (Female, age: 26)

She is a nurse and Bi-chwi's younger sister. Like her sister, Ruby is also determined to marry a rich guy and no longer be poor. She's pretty and has a meticulous personality but constantly bickers with Kyle, who is boarding at her home. They develop feelings for each other amidst their quarreling.

5-5.jpg - Gung San-ho (Male, age: 25)

A law school graduate who is preparing for the bar exam to become a state prosecutor. He's a quiet person who always listens to his parent. As the eldest son, he is a pillar in the family. To help the family finances, he gives up his room to let Kyle, a paying tenant, live there and shares a room with younger brother Ho-bak. He falls in love with Kang-ji, a friend of Ruby.

6-6.jpg - Seo Roma (Male, age: 62)

He is a self-made millionaire who is worth 20 million dollars. He made his fortune by starting his own company. He's very strict towards his children and makes his son Young-guk move out the house to toughen him up.

7-7.jpg - Seo Young-guk (Male, age: 30)

Son of Yeroma chairman. He is handsome and disciplined but looks nothing like the image of a dashing scion of a wealthy family. At his father's urging, he starts at the bottom in society to work his way up and gain valuable experiences. He pays for room and boarding at Bi-chwi's family home.

============

Must Read!! and follow!!

01.Soompi code of conduct

02.Do not post request for Subs as there won't any eng.subbing for this drama.

Anyone who posts these kind of requests or spam will be reported to the mods immediately.

03.Do not steal any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site.

Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to dl anything.

4.Pm the respective owners/uploaders if you have any problems through pming instead of posting here

============

Download, information, links

Ratings (credit : D-addicts)

Drama recaps

aja-aja - Assorted-gems (Raw vids)

Cute girl - BT links (Raw vids)

Dygod - DL links (Chi-Subs)

http://thundie.wordpress.com (Raw vids + Viikii subs)

=============

OST - Link is posted on the AJA AJA download thread

15068812.jpg

01.Jewel like love - Kim Jong Wook & Question

02.Jewel Bibimbap - Arie

03.Jewel like love (MR)

04.Jewelry waltz

05.Tell me (Piano Version)

06.Tell me - KCM

07.Twinkle Twinkle

08.Tell me (MR)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kazenai

Thanks a lot Yeohweping & cute girl !

I also picked this one up on Viikii !

Here : Assorted Gems on Viikii

As usually anyone who's willing to help as translator or segmenter or uploader , it'll be greatly appreciated.

I really enjoyed the first episode, thought it was a great introduction to the family!

Thanks for starting the thread, yeohweping! :)

assortedgemse01090905hd.jpgassortedgemse01090905hdi.jpg

Young Guk is clearly already interested in Bi Chwi.

Can't wait till he moves in with the Goong's.

assortedgemse01090905hdb.jpgassortedgemse01090905hd.jpg

assortedgemse01090905hdw.jpgassortedgemse01090905hdz.jpg

assortedgemse02090906hdi.jpgassortedgemse02090906hdt.jpg

I love the grandmothers. They're hilarious together.

assortedgemse02090906hd.jpgassortedgemse02090906hd.jpg

And thank you, PD, for two full episodes of Lee Hyun Jin in a tank top. :P (sorry for the caps overload ;))

assortedgemse01090905hdh.jpgassortedgemse01090905hdo.jpg

assortedgemse01090905hd.jpgassortedgemse01090905hdi.jpg

assortedgemse01090905hdu.jpgassortedgemse01090905hdp.jpg

assortedgemse02090906hd.jpgassortedgemse02090906hd.jpg

assortedgemse02090906hd.jpgassortedgemse02090906hdm.jpg

assortedgemse02090906hdg.jpgassortedgemse02090906hdy.jpg

assortedgemse02090906hdc.jpgassortedgemse02090906hdz.jpg

Guest Happy_Day

Omg why are the ratings so low? I watched the first two episodes and this drama is soooo good! And I'm pretty picky too!

I'm watching Jewel Bibimbap and also Love You Ten Thousand Times. Both are family dramas and although this one seems a little more dramatic, it's just as good. I love how it focuses on the the clashes between people with different personalities and different "classes".. One this is, I'm not sure why YoungGuk seems so interested in BiChwi at first glance. I guess she is supposed to be pretty, but he's like so into her looks already haha.

And isn't this the writer of Mermaid Agasshi, Dear Heaven, and Lotus Flower?? This writer is one of the top drama writers in Korea!

Guest kazenai

Omg why are the ratings so low? I watched the first two episodes and this drama is soooo good! And I'm pretty picky too!

I'm watching Jewel Bibimbap and also Love You Ten Thousand Times. Both are family dramas and although this one seems a little more dramatic, it's just as good. I love how it focuses on the the clashes between people with different personalities and different "classes".. One this is, I'm not sure why YoungGuk seems so interested in BiChwi at first glance. I guess she is supposed to be pretty, but he's like so into her looks already haha.

And isn't this the writer of Mermaid Agasshi, Dear Heaven, and Lotus Flower?? This writer is one of the top drama writers in Korea!

The rating were really low ? Oh nooooo, Godddd why aren't citizens of Korea interested in fun and light dramas?! (well...SoS is doing good but stilll....)

We all know what happens to MBC dramas when their ratings are low >_< I hope that in this case they run it as smoothly as Return of Iljimae and don't cut any episodes.

^ This one seems more dramatic? :huh:

Loving You Ten Million Times has makjang angst written all over it.

This one seems more about the relationships. Bi Chwi/Young Guk will be about class differences, Ruby/Kyle will be comic and two-people-can't-stand-eat-other-at-first dynamics, San Ho/Kang Ji will be deep love overcoming obstacles, and Ho Bak/Kkeut Soon will be the teen coupling. At least, that's the impression I get.

Guest Happy_Day

The rating were really low ? Oh nooooo, Godddd why aren't citizens of Korea interested in fun and light dramas?! (well...SoS is doing good but stilll....)

We all know what happens to MBC dramas when their ratings are low >_< I hope that in this case they run it as smoothly as Return of Iljimae and don't cut any episodes.

I really hope the ratings go up too. It probably will, the writer's past dramas have been in the 30-40 percentage. =)

^ This one seems more dramatic? :huh:

Loving You Ten Million Times has makjang angst written all over it.

This one seems more about the relationships. Bi Chwi/Young Guk will be about class differences, Ruby/Kyle will be comic and two-people-can't-stand-eat-other-at-first dynamics, San Ho/Kang Ji will be deep love overcoming obstacles, and Ho Bak/Kkeut Soon will be the teen coupling. At least, that's the impression I get.

Haha, that's what people are saying, but I don't think Love You Ten Thousand Times will be "makjang drama" at least not as much as Temptation of Wife. The synopsis seems over-the-top, but after having watched the first three eps, it actually seems more realistic than I expected. The characters have more realistic and subtle personalities and suble relationships, whereas the characters in Jewel Bibimbap are a lot stronger and seem more dramatic - BiChwi is a drama queen!

In my opinion, Jewel Bibimbap has a more serious tone to it (plus, the writer of this drama is known to be "makjang writer" haha!). Whereas Love You Ten Thousand Times seems more lighthearted overall.. Anyway, I think the comparisons between the two will be inevitable lol!

^ Ah, so by "dramatic" you meant having a serious tone. I was referring to the histrionics of LYTMT. The three mothers in that drama are already driving me crazy. :rolleyes:

Guest kazenai

Lol I guess I should've re-worded it, I did mean Makjang / melodrama.

Yes the characteres in here are very over the top, I agree. I really love this family...very over-the-top, full of life characters !

I also find ILYTMT to be more realistic than typical makjang dramas.

Like Happy_Day said, I hope the writer's creativity aids to the rating!

Guest kawaiiyuki2

I have both this forum and LYATT bookmarked, which means that i'm really hook. I haven't found a drama that i'm really into since 'Family Honor'

Anyway, From the first few minutes that i saw i think this will be really good. I don't know all the names yet but i will. I can't wait to see how the characters pair up. I think the couple that i'm interested in is the older brother and Ruby's friend's relationship...

Oh yeah, is it more or does the girl who play's ruby look familiar?And she also mirrors the older sister's character (from what i read in the previous post) She just the younger version, even if their age difference isn't so big)I think I saw her in another drama.

As for the discussion on whether this drama will be dramatic or lighthearted, I think i will be both.

:P

I hope the ratings go up... Wait what happens if rating are low for MBC, they cut the number of episodes?

If so i how the writer is about to give a good story.... But i'm hoping it stays at 50 cause if it gets toooo long things start to drag and it can get boring.

Guest revengeoftheflowers

I love, love, love, love, love IM SUNG HAN. She is hands down my favorite Korean writer. She blends the perfect balance of realism, drama, fantasy, culture, romance, and darkness in all of her shows. I love how she meticulously plans out her love stories, and they never feel too rushed.

This show started out with really low ratings, so I hope it picks up, because if Im Sung Han wrote it, it's going to be great.

BTW, a more accurate translation of "makjang drama" would be a TRAINWRECK drama. Think "Flavor of Love" or "Melrose Place" or "Dynasty." "Temptation of Wife" and "White Lies" are good recent examples. "Miss Mermaid" was considered one too, but its writing was incredible. "First Wives Club" is also considered one, but I don't think it is.

Im Sung Han does tend to add elements of a "Makjang drama" in her writing, but her characterization and timing is so strong, so it's able to surpass that one genre.

Guest heycitrus

I like this drama so far; the different relationships and the lightheartedness. It's refreshing.

However, the parts that I love the most are the BiChwi and Young Guk moments. I love how she's completely oblivious of his existence, while he's ridiculously attracted to her. good stuff. : D

Guest lucky_moon

The first 2 Eps were good & so the drama, thought I luv the 2 granny :D fighting & still together all the time reminds me of my 2 granny too :P luv the younger brother he's so caring to his sisters.

waiting next week Eps, lots of dramas to watch B)

Archived