My Best Friend Is Jealous That Her Boyfriend Talks More With Me Than Her...

Guest stellar_star

Guest stellar_star

How should i deal with this??
As of late, my best friend's been telling me shes been rather 'cold' to her boyfriend. When he tells her he loves her and is about to end a call with her, all she says is 'bye' and hangs up. There are a few more examples like that, but that's a recent one.

So he's been talking with me more often, msged me on Facebook instead of her, but it's just casual stuff like what he did that day etc. We're pretty good freinds too since we all hang out in the same group. However, my best freind started noticing that he's msging me more than her and she brought up the subject a couple of times.

Then last friday we all went to an amusement park together and the rest of our friends and her got distracted looking at items so me and him when to buy food first.

And we basically split everything since we were too cheap to buy one huge thing by ourselves. So she saw us afterwards splitting food and she got shorta upset even though i offered her some.

Then when we went to buy drinks, i went off with him again and later on my other friend told me that shes been calling me a 'golddigger' because she thinks i'm mooching off her bf (even though i fully PAID for half the stuff and i told him i was giving him back the money).

So now shes kinda iffy with me and i don't know what to do. Suggestions?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest squeaky

stop hanging out with her bf and see if he keeps on trying to talk to you. i know you're friends with the guy too but at least make it look like you're not moochin off of him, yanno?

and that's the girlfriend's problem, too. if she's not being nice to her boyfriend, then what the freak does she expect LOL ?

gluck.

Guest shinji.

As of late, my best friend's been telling me shes been rather 'cold' to her boyfriend. When he tells her he loves her and is about to end a call with her, all she says is 'bye' and hangs up. There are a few more examples like that, but that's a recent one.

Can that be the reason why he is not talking that much with her?

She is jealous because she does not have enough trust in her boyfriend. If she believes in her boyfriend then she knows that you two are just friends.

If I have to give a suggestion then I would say to back off from her boyfriend a bit until the little dilemma gets solved.

Both sides are at fault here. If I were her, I'd be worried as well cause you're talking to him more than she is. Put yourself in your friend's shoes. How would you feel if your bf was pretty close or buddy-buddy with some other girl? One of my guy friends were in the same situation. His gf was hanging out with another guy more than her bf. There really wasn't a happy ending. Not saying that you're gonna backstab her or anything, but just understand her side. At the same time, she's overreacting with the whole "golddigger" thing. Obviously, she doesn't trust her bf or you enough cause she's worried that your relationship with him will grow to be something more. You should just confront her about it.

Guest xreverie

Why exactly did your best friend act coldly toward her bf to begin with? And even though you and her bf are good friends has he ever msged you that much before when your best friend wasn't going out with him?

If I were you, I'd find out the answers for these questions then think about it. I feel as if he's just talking to you cause he's not getting enough attention from his own girlfriend aka your best friend so I'll just take a step or two back.

Guest MISSxSHAMPOO

well, i would be jealous if my boyfriend was talking to my best friend more than me..

but she is kinda acting over the top b/c the more distant and cold she acts towards her boyfriend, he will

pretty much be tired of her bs.

and i wouldn't really blame your bestie i mean she might be those jealous types.

oh since you and her bf are close you should help them get back together so she wouldn't feel insecure anymore that you might have feelings for him or vice versa.

Guest MangoStar

Back off. Plain and simple. It's been already said, but wouldn't you be jealous if your boyfriend was all

up some other girl instead of you? What's going on between them, has nothing to do with you,

so just keep your distance and find someone else to hang out with or drama will ensue.

Guest Humilious

i'd get jealous if my boyfriend was talking with my best friend more than he was with me. something just wouldn't seem right to me. so i can't really blame your friend for feeling that way. she shouldn't be acting coldly to her boyfriend just because of this though. it's only going to drive him away.

maybe you should limit the amount you talk/spend time with him? nothing may be going on between you two but your best friend doesn't know that. and you telling her probably won't do anything.

Guest juicejuice

You have to confront you friend. They (the couple) obviously needs to talk. At the amusement park, while your friend was looking at stuff, did you or the boyfriend ask her about the food she wants before you and her boyfriend went to get some? If either of you did, then she shouldn't be jealous, but if neither of you didn't, then she does have the right to be a bit jealous.

You as a friend to both, should tell them to talk to each other because, the relationship doesn't go well, you friend might blame on you. All three of you should sit down and talk or just the two of them. If its the two of them its best for the guy to bring up the subject that the girlfriend is being cold to him. But if you decide the three of you should talk about it, you have to bring up the subject, because its causing so much misunderstandings to everyone.

Good luck.

Guest stellar_star

Thanks for all those who replied and gave advice~ they were thoroughly read through and i'm just going to give some of my own answers.

Can that be the reason why he is not talking that much with her?

I honesty don't know why she's treating him like that or why she blows him off sometimes...i think she just doesn't feel like dealing with him sometimes and is afraid of getting too 'emotional' with him...but that's another story. As for why he's talking to me more, all i can say, is since they've gone out, he started hanging out with our group and me and him have similar personalities so we joke around.

It's been already said, but wouldn't you be jealous if your boyfriend was all

up some other girl instead of you? What's going on between them, has nothing to do with you,

so just keep your distance and find someone else to hang out with or drama will ensue.

Honestly, i agree with everyone here, about me backing off, so i've stopped replying back to him and i havent contacted my friends to hang out, however, right after the amusement park, he immediatly msges me again instead of her =A='' and i know he's not romantically interested or anything but i still feel uneasy.

I'm just f--king tired of being blamed and i don't even think this has to do with me (or at least it shouldn't) but it got me really peeved when i heard i was being called a 'golddigger' for 15 good minutes.

At the amusement park, while your friend was looking at stuff, did you or the boyfriend ask her about the food she wants before you and her boyfriend went to get some? If either of you did, then she shouldn't be jealous, but if neither of you didn't, then she does have the right to be a bit jealous.

When i bought the food, i was thinking of everything that she liked, and i bought it because i knew i was going to offer her some. When we were thinking of what to get, we kept mentioning her. -_-''

I also understand and i would be jealous too if my bf was talking to my bff more than me, but that's a reason for her to confront me or him about it, not just to create unresolved tension.

Guest EmpsTreenee

i hate girls like ur best friend, rub it in her face.

jk.

but she is being unreasonable, and to be honest, i dont know what kind of a "best friend" would call their best friends golddiggers. she's exactly the kind of girl who would betray you for a boy or the attention of one.

sorry if i sounded harsh.

Guest Daylightful

Back off. Plain and simple. It's been already said, but wouldn't you be jealous if your boyfriend was all

I agree. Although she has some bad points, you shouldn't be doing all those things to her boyfriends. Sharing the same food? Running off together? Do you not know how bad that sounds? Who wouldn't get jealous? Either way, I find it okay to hang out with them all together, but you shouldn't be doing all of those things-- period. Especially to a friend, think about her feelings. Even if she is going over the top with a few things, you kind of have to understand where she is coming from. Just don't do all those things to her. Instead of talking to her boyfriend all the time, why not talk to your friend and try and HELP them out. Talk to her and see if she's okay, give her some tips on why her boyfriend is feeling a bit distant with being cold and such. Try and get those two together and happy again, not just talking to her boyfriend, sharing food, etc. I'm really am sorry if I sound harsh, but your post kind of just made me upset.. I even wanted to cry.. it must hurt to see her friend sharing food with someone she loves.. Either way, you should talk to her and try and help her out. Tell her the things she does bothers him, or that she should calm down and maybe show more love and affection.. good luck..

Guest hannieoon

You need to stop all contact with her boyfriend for awhile. And you should only say "hi" and then refrain from talking to him. Just because girls are fickle sometimes and we hold it against you. LoL

Guest koreanwarrior

You need to stop all contact with her boyfriend for awhile. And you should only say "hi" and then refrain from talking to him. Just because girls are fickle sometimes and we hold it against you. LoL

... and you are proud of that?

Guest Divine Kira

talk to her, let her know that you are not that kind of person. If she is gonna get up in your richard simmons for just hanging out then she has serious trust issues. And if she cannot trust her bf enough then i dunno why he would stay with her. Just let her know that you and him are just friends and nothing more of it, make it clear to her, and have her bf show her more compassion so she would learn to trust him more.

Guest LUVSSOURCREAM

she has a right to be mad at you. you know they have issues and yet you keep being in the middle. he's looking for someone while his gf is not available, which is NOT a good thing to do especially if that someone is the gf's friend! i'd say try to avoid him. avoid drama. and it shouldnt be any of your business what theyre fighting about or how their relationship is anyway

Guest xxsugrrsweetxx

I think you should stop talking to him

I mean it is HER boyfriend. NOT yours. I would be jealous too.

If you respect your best friend then you should be able to respect her wishes.

I know you don't want to get in the way of a relationship.

Guest Regina Rae

I don't think you're doing anything wrong here. HE'S the one that's messaging you. Besides it's not like you have feelings for him, right? Really, you just need to tell your friend that there is nothing going on between the two of you. You're just good friends. Why should you be forced to "back off" when you're not the one causing the problems? Think about yourself for a change, and NOT your friend.

Archived