Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vietnamese Pop Groups

keiryu40keiryu40 Posts: 259Member

TRAINEE

These are my favorite boy bands and girl groups from Vietnam.

H.A.T.

Go On

N9 Band

Weboys

5 Dòng Kẻ

2B

La Thang

May Trang Band

F229966

HKT

Kio Band

K6 Band

B.F.B.

bravo_my_lifelenn

Replies

• incomplete.incomplete. ? ??? ? US.Posts: 1,838Member
    In terms of looks, none of the them are really that handsome/beautiful, but I guess their music are good?

Did you forget?
  • Heart<3Heart<3 Posts: 397Member

IDOL

I've never heard of any of the people besides May Trang lol I fail.

...and is that Hoai Linh in the middle with K6? O___O

• tastetheerainbowtastetheerainbow Posts: 695Member

ROOKIE

Wow o_o never heard of any of these bands. But then again, I never keep up with Viet music Dx
    They're very... erm, can't find the right adjective .___.

LMAO^ that does look like Hoai Linh! He wouldn't be there though, he's too busy with all his hai kichs<3
    jayb.jpg
  • fallen*angelfallen*angel Posts: 4,140Member

ROOKIE

WOAH. theres actually groups in vietnam? .____.
    i havent been there for 3 years and the only singers I heard of are singers
    who are solo artists.. lol
    interesting!
    60195446.jpg
  • truffles14truffles14 Posts: 579Member
    edited August 2009
    QUOTE (tastetheerainbow @ Aug 9 2009, 01:08 AM) »
    Wow o_o never heard of any of these bands. But then again, I never keep up with Viet music Dx
    They're very... erm, can't find the right adjective .___.

LMAO^ that does look like Hoai Linh! He wouldn't be there though, he's too busy with all his hai kichs<3

that's actually hoai linh though. he was featured in one of their video... it was pretty funny.

but really, call me a Richard Simmons or whatever you want but kieryu, your excessive vietnamese threads are extremely annoying.

and just so you know, more half of these bands have already broken up a long time ago. at least get some of you info right. you couldve at least tried not to pick out really oldschool pictures either image
    pervert
  • tunchantunchan Posts: 10Member
    In weboys, Ong Cao Thang is the best
    In La Thang, Chi Thien is handsome boys, he's actor on "Giai Cuu Than Chet" drama
    But he not a good singer
    Only face, not voice LOL
  • PeekabooitzmePeekabooitzme Posts: 2,956Friend of Soompi

IDOL

I'm not totally familiar with Vietnamese pop groups and I didn't realize that Vietnam has that many performers.
    17twittericon1.jpg
  • SwtessSwtess CanadaPosts: 3,111Member
    That F229966 group or whatever, they're still around? I've only remembered seeing one of their performance and that was it. HAT was good. May Trang was ok but the girls looked so much cuter when they were young, way back in the The He Tre days. Mat Ngoc is a pretty good girlgroup as well
  • popolalapopolala over the rainbowPosts: 1,573Member

IDOL

i like the style of the last band BFB.
  • ginachanginachan Europe&#33;Posts: 3,138Member

IDOL

lol...everyone wants to have that kpop look

• blank_blank_cuti3blank_blank_cuti3 once a lobo is always a loboPosts: 882Member
    I feel so I don't know how to described it, but a disgrace @ myself, cuz I'm Viet
    Yet, I don't know half of the group...LOL...
    I only knows WeBoys cuz Cao Thang is my manager's friend from long time ago...HAHAAH...
    Otherwise, I hardly listen to Viet music so I am never updated with it...
    But alot of VIet music nowadays are unreoriginal, which I hope we'll find it back soon...<__>

• dbskftw493dbskftw493 me&#33;bourne, ausPosts: 74Member
    ^ I agree, viet pop music isn't original coz they rip it off kpop bands and whatnot..
    is it just me or are the tees that BFB are wearing somewhat look like the ones big bang have? O_O
    기다릴게 박재범 기다릴게 2PM

Eleven members, One Day
  • KeyKey Where do you want me to be?Posts: 2,535Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (dbskftw493 @ Aug 12 2009, 03:48 PM) »
    ^ I agree, viet pop music isn't original coz they rip it off kpop bands and whatnot..
    is it just me or are the tees that BFB are wearing somewhat look like the ones big bang have? O_O

lol forever.

I don't listen to Viet pop so I have no idea about how ~original~ the artists are, but comment like yours regarding their clothes made me laugh. I guess one you have the mindset of VIETPOP IS KPOP'S COPYCAT then you had to be nitpicky about everything, even the clothes. God forbid if they wear the same tees, huh?

k r e m e s
  • vip_gdvip_gd Forever VIP HKPosts: 11,243Member

IDOL

QUOTE (dbskftw493 @ Aug 12 2009, 03:48 PM) »

rofl, it looks exactly like the NII shirts.
  • tknoodlestknoodles San Jose, CAPosts: 700Member
    edited August 2009
    As a young Vietnamese-American born here in the states, i have to say that vietnamese music these days aren't as good as the pre-war music such as Trinh Cong Son and Duy Khanh, and some traditional songs (such as traditional Hue music). Sure, they may sound dated but they were original and the lyrics had substance. I really wish these songs weren't banned from Vietnam and some younger generations in America would open their minds and actually try to understand the substance of the lyrics. Instead, what we are fed and listen to is crappy "vietnamese pop" which only rips off the image and songs of other countries (Chinese and Korean) and has very few lyrical substance.
  • lido0l_zenlido0l_zen Sydney.AustraliaPosts: 467Member
    Well.... at least were modernising. image =D
  • surfinsushisurfinsushi Posts: 93Member
    Girlbands look cute, but boybands look ridiculous. lol
  • Chalk-BanditsChalk-Bandits Posts: 2,821Member
    Never heard of any of these people before.
    Is Vietnamese music good, even though I wouldn't understand anything.
  • chll51chll51 Posts: 1,449Member

IDOL

I like Go On band. They actually can sing. My other favorites are: GMC, MTV (before the whole disband where they from 5 members go to 3) and last but not least, the Bells before they suck. lol.

• tinatran_tinatran_ canada! 8DPosts: 4,988Member

IDOL

wow. i've only heard of H.A.T. O__O''
    take a peek at my sunshine.jpg
    10 pairs of eyelashes = $8 SHIPPED?! =O