Growing Out Layered Hair

Guest babopabo

Guest babopabo

I got a haircut a month or two ago, the typical layered hair that looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/shi...s/dfgdfgdfg.jpg

You know, the "Asian" haircut. I've had my hair like this for a pretty long time, but I got tried of having to blow dry it or else it'd look very messy T T" So about one to two months into trying to grow it out, the layers look really awful, like in pony tails and such, with shorter hair on the top sticking out from all the growing layers and things like that. So my point is, what's the best way to grow out layered hair like that?

Guest Luirei

When my layers grow out my hair gets really thick on the bottom, so I either tie it up or curl it and then it looks normal :x

not quite getting what you mean about 'the best way to grow out your hair', doesn't hair just grow one way?

well, if you want to know around how long it takes to grow out your hair; it takes quite a while. I had my hair like that and started growing it out one and a half years ago. I had tonnes of layers, now I have two layers. Yea, takes a while.

Guest arlenapeanut

yea im waiting for my hair to grow out too

i'd started growing my hair around enf of last year

its going snail slow

but meh

patience is a virtue

you could try hair products?

Guest dreamingbabe

I'm doing the exact same thing. I used to have very short, choppy layers. The shortest strands were about one inch. The layers grew pretty long now--the shortest strands are shoulder length. Once it gets a bit longer, I'm gonna keep cutting the bottom until the strands are all the same length. So basically I trim the bottom every now and then until the rest of my hair can catch up.

I'm still keeping my bangs so I trim it occasionally. It doesn't look awkward, but while your layers are growing out, the top of your hair will get flat a lot. You can usually fix this with some wax or mousse or something of that sort. If you hair happens to be in an awkward stage at the moment, put it into a bun or a ponytail. :) (Bobby pins will keep the layered pieces from sticking out.) You can trim the other layers so it will look even, but don't cut it shorter than the shortest strands you have. And of course, don't cut the shortest strands either, or it will take even longer to grow out. ><

If you really want to, you can always get hair extensions. When I cut my bangs too short, they saved my life. :D

Guest treeshaa

I think you might have to just wait it out for now until the layers grow back into a reasonable length. It'll take a bit of waiting and patience though. I'm growing out my hair too!

Guest love*beat

I share your pain~ =__=

Even though I have a round face I think I look better with my hair curled inwards w/o all the layers. x__x

Layers are such a pain in the @*& to take care of and it doesn't help having thick hair x|

If you don't have a round face (like I do XD) you should try a one-length bob! Or something non-layered LOL. I wish I could. D:

Guest Wickedly Chic

I used to have really layered hair and the ends were really nasty and wispy but I just let it grow. Once it got to a certain length my hairdresser just made it all level at the back and only did a few long layers. Now my hair looks so healthy and nice.

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I don't really understand what you are asking. But if your asking how to grow out your layers, then i suggest that you get the bottom layer cut a little to kinda go with the rest of the shoter layers, and then just grow it out and then it'll look like normal long hair. Sorry if this isn't what you want >__< but this is what i just did recently.

It will take awhile to grow out. You could always trim your longest layers so it looks more even i guess. during that stage i used to just tie my hair back or pin it out of the way.

You just have to keep on waiting unfortunately...

Guest xfriends4lyfex

If you are annoyed at your bangs getting in your eyes even with you tie your hair up, you can always secure it with a bobby pin or with a pretty clip. If you leave it down why don't try those headbands? I think they would look really cute on you.

Guest tunacakes

Oh my gosh, I know just how you feel. xD I have super layered hair because I got tired of spending money to cut hair (i'm cheap, I know) and having them turn out the opposite of what I wanted. :/

I layered it so bad myself, that right now its like ughhhhhh xD I just tie up the longer layers and pin back the shorter ones with black bobby pins.. so it looks normal... to me.. haha.

Guest ickboo

just grow your shortest layers out to the length you want them and then have a LONG LAYERED haircut. problem solved.

Guest vee.pee

This is what I'm trying to do too.

I grew bored of the short layered hair and stuff.

I want long long hair now.

But my hair bloody takes forever to grow 1cm.

Guest misscherrii

You gotta learn to love your layers =]

Layers make your hair look pretty since its not just totally cut straight and boring and you can do many hairstyle that are meant for layered hair

Archived