Nose Skin Peeling

Guest jkyc117

Guest jkyc117

Okay, basically, the skin on my nose keeps peeling.

It comes and goes. It happens like once every 1-2 months. ><

Like for a week, the skin on my nose hardens and starts peeling off

and it gets really annoying because there are pieces that are not ready to be peeled off...

so my nose is like patchy... like there are dark patches (the dead skin) and the soft patches

its like the way a snake sheds skin (lol weird analogy but its true!)

Why does this happen?

And is there any way to stop it for peeling?

Could it be the reaction to the products you're using..? Could be harsh cleansers that can dry the skin... sometimes shampoos harm the facial skin too. Plus, some scrubs can strip the face of it's natural oils. Try using the mildest of cleansers or products with no skin harming chemicals.

Guest xangie

i have it too, actually its pretty common.

i use to use moisturizer on only that part of my face (cos the rest of my face is oily, but only my nose is dry)

but it didn't work so well, and only went for an hour or so.

so i started using this hydrating lotion that seemed to have good reviews

03258180601.jpg

estee lauder daywear plus seemed to work for me.

when i first used it, my nose would keep peeling unless i used this everyday.

now my nose isn't peeling anymore. so don't need to use it anymore.

but i use it everyday anywys ^_^ since its a nice lotion.

my eyebrows used to peel too. ^_^;;...... don't put it on irritated skin though, it hurts a bit. x_x well it did for me.

Guest lala4ever

do you use lotion on a regular basis?

how about a daytime moisturizer with 15+ SPF?

that might be the problem, if you're not doing that ;)

Guest sweetfantasy09

whenever i find my nose peeling is when:

1) i don't moisturized enough

2) this is commonly happened - whenever i have vigorously finished extracting blackheads from my nose.. the next day or so, it started to peel. wahahha!

3) whenever i have bad cold and start to sneeze away with tissue and stuffs.. sooner or later it will peel as well.

Guest Annyon

That used to happen to me like.. EVERYDAY! I hated it... lol Started blaming the skin around my nose for being too sensitive haha.

Basically you just need to make sure it's moisturized enough so keep lotion handy and apply it on whenever you need to.

Guest cand33clouds

I used to get this... you need to moisturize your nose. Then when it starts peeling, take a cloth and rub your nose in the shower to get rid of dead skin. Oh and when you wash your face, try to avoid your nose, cuz your face wash could just be drying out your face too much

Guest yasmie

For a natural way to moisturize it, place a very thin slice of cucumber on your nose twice daily.

When my nose was peeling from a sunburn, I use cucumber slices all day, switching whenever it dries up.

I stayed indoors, going out with a cucumber on your nose would be weird haha

Guest llamamama

happened to me, i tried squeezing out blackheads and ended up w dead skin half-peeling

just buy a scrub to exfoliate and remove the dead skin

Guest _ATELIER

yeah i use retin-a as a night cream and my nose peels like maddd,

just apply a lot of lotion and exfoliate once/twice a week .

Guest heavensEyes

I used to have this problem too and I found the Wellskin Glaxal Base moisurizing cream worked miracles.

It was about eight dollars and it worked really fast.

Guest viasarah

Omg this happens to me like almost everyday (definitely not a sun burn since I don't stand out in the sun). I tried exfoliating but made my nose red (same w/ peeling).Right now I'm moisturizing it frequently and it kind of helped.

Guest chaoticrose

Aah! This happens to me a lot, too. When I'm desperate I use this face mask that you peel off, and it takes off the dead skin along with the mask. (I usually forget to hydrate, which is the problem. T_T)

Guest itsannies

It might be a slight sunburn. It happens to me all the time, and no, you do not have to stand out in the sun to get sunburned. You can be sitting in the car, next to a window at home. That is why it's so important to use products with some sort of spf.

Archived