Watermelon Juice Good For Skin?

Guest Kaze Hime

Guest Kaze Hime

You know how in the summer, when you eat watermelon slices and then the juice gets on your face? Is that good for you skin, or what? I've been wondering this ever since my mom brought home 3 watermelons >>;

Guest angels.disguise

I've never heard of this lol.

Watermelon juice is basically water + sugar

sooo...its not bad for skin?

Guest amity

^ people sometimes exfoliate with sugar, it's not bad for the skin it just makes you gain weight! I think watermelon is only good because it has a lot of water...

Guest wiwi_an

my mom always says u slice off the meat of the watermelon. then use the skin(inside part) and scrub it on your face(lightly). i heard tat it refreshes ur face and moisturizes? not really sure i don't do it. :P

Guest -AngelzKiss-

i heard it's good to use the skin part of the slice of watermelon (after you eat off the red part, use the white part) and rub it gently over your face.

i can't remember why it's good, but i heard a lot of ppl do that =]

Guest parachute

my mom always says u slice off the meat of the watermelon. then use the skin(inside part) and scrub it on your face(lightly). i heard tat it refreshes ur face and moisturizes? not really sure i don't do it. :P

yeah, the white part's suppose to help with acne or something like that (:

Guest me_maoh

idk. I've read so many natural healthy skincare remedies or whatnot and have come to the conclusion that if u put any 'ol natural fruit on ur face, it's good for you....

Guest _ATELIER

just rub it on your face and see what happens lol

.. i can never do that to food :[ .. i would eat it.

Guest xxiaoMEI

My mom said youre supposed to eat all the meat or whatever part, then use the skin, the part that you cant eat, and rub it on your face...and it should help you acne or something? LOL

but i never dared to try :P sounds too eww haahha

Guest lunastelle

i've never heard of that, but

most fruits are really good for your skin.

so i'm sure it won't do any harm. :)

Guest melty-kiss

My mom always take the watermelon rind and rubs it on her skin. She also made me do that as a child but I really don't think it makes a bigger difference than splashing some water on your face or putting on some lotion.

It seems like these days people will say you can put anything on your face.

Guest balloons*

Well I learned from a drama that watermelon skin is good for your skin.

Not sure whether it's true or not.

Oh. Btw you don't eat it (just trying to make my point clear) but you rub it on your skin.

IDK if it really works tho.

Guest Christinaisweird

I've never heard of this lol.

Watermelon juice is basically water + sugar

sooo...its not bad for skin?

There are other nutrients inside watermelon, like vitamins and others.

Guest loveAmore

I tried washing my face with a watermelon because my mom recommended it. But I'm allergic to watermelon and she didn't cut off the red parts so my face started to have an allergic reaction and my acne got bigger. D:

Guest marasshi

^If you're allergic to watermelons, why would your mom tell you to put it on your face? (And why would you put it on your face?)

Guest xrhapsody

I've never heard of it being good for your skin but I know that I always wipe it off when I get watermelon juice on my face lol.

Guest morningcall

I'm not 100% sure if it is good for your skin but it did clear up the acne for one of my friends. Maybe you could try it when you have time. I don't really see how it can hurt.

Archived