[movie 2009] Jump / Take Off 국가대표

Guest sakura_dubai

Guest sakura_dubai

HaJungWoo KimDongWook KimJiSeok ChoeJaeHwan SungDongIll LeeJaeEung

Jump 2009 국가대표

20090620_12454842611.jpg

Also Known as: 국가대표 (Take-Off/ Jump Broadly/ National Athlete)

Director: 김용화 (Kim Yong-hwa)

Cast: 하정우 (Ha Jung-woo), 성동일 (Sung Dong-ill), 김지석 (Kim Ji-seok),

김동욱 (Kim Dong-uk), 최재환 (Choe Jae-hwan), 이재응 (Lee Jae-eung)

It's a South Korean Movie of 2009. It tells a story of South Korean Athletes who have shown a great skill in ski competition. It's a sport movie mix with drama and telling stories that can be any South Korean Athletes Story.

The Best thing about this movie is the great shooting. The Director, Kim Yong-hwa, has shown us another great skill of his after filming 200 pound of beauty.

This movie is another successful movie that many special cameras and equipments have been used to show us the great feeling of how Athletes are really working hard people.

The Press Conference:

2009063000513666207_005705_1.jpg

2009063010341828694_104813_0.jpg

20090722172759990e7_173523_0.jpg

20090722173426992e7_174214_0.jpg

2009072217365393370_174410_0.jpg

Official Trailer:

국가대표 Official Trailer

Trailer English Subbed

Song Seong Heon and Ji Sub have been seen in the theater to watch the movie:

songseungheonsojisub090.jpg

Guest FLYt0Y0u

just got home after watching the movie at one of the premieres. its a really great movie that has a lot of humor. def. a must watch movie

Guest sakura_dubai

just got home after watching the movie at one of the premieres. its a really great movie that has a lot of humor. def. a must watch movie

Yes. I knew the director would do such a great job. It's sad that they don't air korean movies in my country. It would be the best thing to ever happen :D anyway.. just seeing Ji Sub and Song Seung Heon attending this movie, i'm more motivated to watch it.

It's just a great movie to watch in this hot summer :D

July 23, 2009

Exhilarating 'Take-Off' in Korean Sports Drama

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

090723_p10_fly.jpg

In "Take-Off," a sports movie inspired by the actual South Korean national ski

jumping team, Ha Jung-woo stars as an athlete who surprises the world despite having trained

under such preposterous conditions as hanging from a tree to experience the vertical limits

of the sport. / Courtesy of Showbox/Mediaplex

Imagine, being perched above a vertigo-inducing height, swishing down a roller coaster-like slope and then freewheeling through the air ― with only a pair of skis to safeguard the landing.

Ski jumping is a minority within the sports scene here, but onscreen the icy game provides for the hottest summer movie experience. Packed with adrenaline rush, tastefully crafted drama and a rocking soundtrack, "Take-Off" lifts viewers onto a pulsating flight in this story about ski jumpers that dared to dream ― and fly.

Director Kim Yong-hwa didn't need to adopt the standard formula for sports films. Sure, the movie features conventional elements ― setting hurdles to overcome, overturning team dynamics and lots of sweating ― but truth is sometimes more interesting than fiction, and the filmmaker simply had to tell the amazing story, which he does with finesse.

Inspired by true events, the movie takes viewers to 1997 Muju, North Jeolla Province, which is bidding to host the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. A national ski jumping team needs to be whipped together for the campaign, and Bang (Seong Dong-il), a former children's skiing instructor, is asked to coach.

Coach Bang's mission is to round up some athletes that could act as a disposable cog in the wheel. His first target is Bob, played most convincingly by "it" actor Ha Jung-woo. For his role as a Korean adoptee who has experience in the U.S. Junior Alpine Ski Championships, Ha has polished up the fresh-off-the-boat broken English he spoke in "Never Forever" opposite Vera Farmiga to articulate slang-ridden lines.

Bob returns to his birthplace in search of his biological mother, which he has prepared for all his life by learning Korean. While he initially refuses to represent "the country that abandoned" him, Bob becomes convinced that being a national athlete could invite media exposure and thus help find mom.

The tearjerker melodrama wears a thick layer of mainstream superficiality, but is set off by fine comedic counterpoints.

Meanwhile, Heung-cheol, a womanizing club waiter (Kim Dong-wook), requires no more than a glance at Bang's beautiful daughter Su-yeon (Lee Eun-seong) to be in on the game and Jae-bok, a young man living in the shadows of his "fascist" father-cum-boss (Choi Jae-hwan), sees the offer as a ticket to independence. Chil-gu, on the other hand, cannot afford to be drafted into the mandatory two-year military service because he needs to care for his deaf grandmother and borderline simpleton brother Bong-gu (Lee Jae-ung). He joins out of desperation, since wearing the Korean flag on his chest would enable him to defer, and a gold medal would permanently relieve him of the duty.

The construction of the Muju ski resort is underway in the stifling summer heat, and the ski jumpers undergo some pitiful sticks and stones-style ``training.'' Save for Team U.S.A.-clad Bob, the rest toil in sweats instead of jump suits and helmets clearly not tailored for the sport. Lacking access to a proper ski jumping facility, they head over to an abandoned theme park with some nails and boards, waterproof sheets and buckets of water.

It's like how a so-called swimming athlete, lacking access to a decent pool, learns strokes in a bathtub and in the depths of his imagination, but goes on to wow the world in his first dip in a real pool.

The film culminates in some impressively rendered Olympic Games scenes; the beauty of "Take-Off" lies in the love of the game ― the magic of flying. But the emotional release is only meaningful, of course, because the viewer's heart is with that of the characters, and the music director of "200-Pound Beauty" completes the audiovisual experience with some great scores.

The few homegrown sports dramas, "Forever the Moment" and "Bronze Medalist," feel like a prelude to the establishment of something as solid as "Take-Off.''

In theaters July 29. Distributed by Showbox/Mediaplex

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest byul*

just watched this movie in the theaters a couple of days ago.

it was probably one of the best movies i've seen in a while.

the first 30 minutes were just so so.

then i had to keep myself from bawling the rest of the time. haha i don't know why i started crying.

but it wasn't because it was ad, i think it was more of sensing korean pride. They did an amazing job on combining the perfect song with the perfect scene, and it just really made the scenes dramatic and touching.

haha. i was trying so hard not to cry, but i heard other people crying as well, so i just let it out too.

after it was over, i saw that there were more boys crying than girls haha

anyways. a mustsee of the year.

• 2 months later...
Guest jelly_pudding

everyone should go see this movie :]

i just saw it in theatres.

it was funny/sad/emotional .. i cried :[

BUY THE DVD WHEN IT COMES OUT

OR GO WATCH IT IN THEATRES!! :]

i know they're going to win some big awards at the awards show ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest charis89

I'm not Korean but watching this already made my eyes teary. I'm so proud of their spirit! The music is great. The cast were wonderful in portraying the characters! Must watch!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching it, did those personal events happened to them really? I mean like Bob went back to Korea to find his biological mother, Heung-chul being a womanizer, Chil-gu being injured, Bong-gu subbing for his brother etc... Or they just added those events to spice up the movie?

Anyways, can someone share the OST of this movie? Cause the songs are really nice! Pretty please?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest inezjang

^ yes i wonder too..anyway i hope they're doing great now..!

This is simply one movie and it makes you really happy in the end!

I want to have a conversation with Ha Jung Woo too after hearing him twangin' and tell him he's such a fabulous guy!! :P

The whole Team Korea was just so amazing!! :)

Archived