Does Your Lip Always Peel When Wearing Lipstick/lipgloss

Guest s0y0un*

Guest s0y0un*

everytime i wear lipgloss/lipstick, after several hours it starts to peel and looks really bad. i have to usually wipe it all of or pick it all off with my fingers

why does this happen and are there products that will help? it doesnt happen if i dont wear anything on my lips

Guest SimplyChiny

O_O Youuuuuuu tooo?! Man it usually gets flaky and gooey for me that I have to excuse myself after a couple of hours of wearing lipgloss..Ehhh Lips stick is not so much...only when I wear gloss over it...Someone give me some tips on this..I tried brushing my lips with my toothbrush but it only worked temporarily.

Guest soapja

Happens almost all the time to me. Brushing my lips with a tooth brush works pretty well, even if it's only temporary.

When I really need my lips to look good, I use a Clinique moisturizer (here), I'm sure there are other products that help with the dryness

Guest autumnHearts

Beauticontrol Lip Apeel.

My best friend and my mom uses it.

It works reaaally well for them cause

they both use lip stick alot and they've

tried chapsticks and stuff and they don't

work so I'd suggest trying this out :]

Guest alligatortears

that happens to me too,

so i just opt for chapstick over lip gloss/stick.

try exfoliating your lips with a lip buffer

or with a toothbrush, like soapja suggested.

Guest mikamoui

Me 3 I have braces though so I droll A LOT more than without. I thinks that's what's causing it.

Lawl. Pic or it didn't happen.

Guest alicimoo

Yep. There's something in lipgloss/lipstick that dries out your lips. They don't moisturize at all.

I usually put on some chapstick before.

Guest nobody knows

saaaaaaaaame

so I avoid lip gloss at all costs

Vaseline makes it shiny and it doesn't peel :D

and it's cheap

Guest kikkie

Do a lip scrub and brush your lips with your toothbrush in the morning. Also apply Vaseline/lip balm before the gloss.

try applying chapstick first, like Blistex or Nivea, to moisturize your lips, and then you apply the lipstick/gloss

if it's still doesn't work,

probably your lips are allergic to them.

my lips are okay when i wear lipstick/gloss

BUT, my lips become very dry and chapped when I apply one of those Burt Bees lip balms

Guest clairie

i just read in Seventeen that lips are one of the most delicate skin areas on our bodies,

so they sunburn so easily. lipgloss actually, they said, work as sun tan oil, by having the sun penetrate even stronger.

they say to make sure to use SPF in the daytime, or else your skin will get bumpy or peel which is a sign of sunburn

Guest cindyx123

heck yea! mine does that too! i think its the lipstick we use. man. forreals. but i finally found a solution that workd for me! i pu chapstick first then the lip stick i want! it works perfectly!

Guest xnanairodays

hmm, exfoliate your lips with sugar or brush them with a toothbrush, apply a little lip balm before applying your lipgloss and dont pack on the lipgloss/lipsick , use a lip brush to apply lipstick then wipe the brush and use the same brush to apply a little gloss.

When buying lip products make sure you read the ingredients, avoid ingredients that are very drying and choose lip products that moisturize and protects :)

Hope that helps !

oh also try not to lick your lips when you have your gloss/lipstick on or if your lips are bare, some people are constantly licking their lips thinking saliva will moisturize your parched lips but actually saliva will only dry your lips more!

Choose a good lip balm ~

Guest soapja

i just read in Seventeen that lips are one of the most delicate skin areas on our bodies,

so they sunburn so easily. lipgloss actually, they said, work as sun tan oil, by having the sun penetrate even stronger.

they say to make sure to use SPF in the daytime, or else your skin will get bumpy or peel which is a sign of sunburn

That makes SO much sense, haha.

I get dried lips in the summer from the sun and dehydration, and the winter from the wind. =(

fail.

The chap stick I absolutely adore is Blistex DCT

DCT.72.jpg

I can feel it tingling on my lips :D

Guest sweetfantasy09

i find that happened to me when i was using maybelline's stuffs but after chaging to HABA, i am fine with it.. and i heard that you should wipe off your lipstick or lip gloss before eating?

well, i guess it's all due to too dry or something..

Archived