Removing Moles/beauty Marks From Your Face

mzspaz

experiences? prices? places?
I want to remove about 5 beauty marks/ moles from my face. They are all small and flat. Does any one have experiences with that? What was the price, was it painful, was there scarring, did it come back, etc? And does anyone know a place in Boston that would do it? Please and thank you!

EDIT

thank you for all the responses guys! really appreciate it

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peasilla

i have a beauty mark.. i kinda like it tho.

i think it looks pretty

Lena Fujii got two rite beside her nose and mouth and it looks pretty :)

i think you should just stick with the moles, but unless you really want to take it off or if its really bad, take it at ur own risk

from wat i read from up there ^

it didn't seem worth it..

Guest heineken.

It really depends where you go to. I've tried to take mine out several times by...

1.) Going to a general doctor and have him numb the area with a shot, then using a laser. This was about $10/mole. It wasn't painful, just the shot itself stung a little bit. I could smell the burning lol. I did this three times because the mole wouldn't go away completely. It looks unchanged.

2.) Using the apple cider vinegar technique that I found on soompi. Sort of worked.. created a little dip where my mole was, but then healed and the mole is still there (no more dip). Looks unchanged. $5.

3.) Using a natural black.. gunk thing sold online. This was the most ineffective method. $23.

So, I went to a plastic surgeon who is actually trained to do this stuff (not a general doctor like I tried with 1). Dermatologists do the same thing. Usually they use a laser. The plastic surgeon I went to was $50/mole, but it actually works lol. It left a little scar, but it heals over time. Hope that helped.

Guest dddysprecious

I had two freckles on my face near my eye and i went to this place where my sister did her facials. She used a lazer and burned them off O_O it hurt, obviously, but for a short time. You can't wet them and it dries up and turns super black and falls off like a scab. One of mines is gone of the two but the other one is still there (possibly because it's deeper in the skin). It cost me like... $15 per freckle?

i know theres some medicine you put on the mole area and it causes it to dry up, scab, then fall off miraculously.

i think its a chinese or laotian medicine? forgot. my friends mom bought her one and she used it on her one, noticeably

beauty mark (which by the way i think made her look more beautiful but eh) and it was obvious that the medicine was

working. the after effect is just a scar but then it dissappears over certain weeks. but i dunno if it works on flat moles :huh:.

Guest cmiao

my friend went to this asian beauty salon and they did it (with a laser i think) for $10 per mole. It turned darker initially and then falls off. she didnt experience any scarring or anything

Guest agentdevil5656

I got it laser done in Taiwan (local place) Each mole was 200 TB = $6 approx.

I had 5 done (3 big ones and 2 little ones)

They were just like small pinching, they don't hurt. Kinda like earlobe piercing but it's done in 2 minutes

It turns red/darker for 3 days then slowly healed over like 1 month

Really worth it!

---------

Before I went to Taiwan...

Laser done in China (one huge one on my face)

It was $10... during the time 80yuan = $10...

NOT EFFECTIVE. It was like pink for 3 days, then it was back to brown. It kinda made it darker and more agitated. Really itchy. But no pain at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scents
;) Good thing I don't have this problem, so I can't help you. But I heard that moles are dangerous for cancer when you hurt it.

Guest TimothyHoang

I went to this place in Alameda(California).

It was 20 for small moles, 40 for big ones.

It was Laser by the way which is how it should be done.

When you ask them for a mole removal they put this numbing paste on your moles for about 10 minutes.

Afterwords, you are seated down and laid back. it feels as though they are squeezing a pimple on your face and it burns, but yeah, it hurts somewhat. Like the tip of a knife poking your skin lightly.

When they're done, they put Aquaphore paste onto the place they just did, your not suppose to let water come anywhere near it for like 1-2 weeks while the scab heals and comes off by itself.

DO NOT POKE or touch the scab.

I was stupid and washed my face 2 days after getting it. The scab fell off, i went into daylight without a SPF. Now my mole is visible again but 1/3 the original size.

Make sure you buy Aquaphore at Walmart or wallgreens after you get the laser removal. Do not use neosporin. Apply it twice a day.

Guest Yuvi22

[sigh] I didn't even have a choice to keep my beauty marks.

My mother want them removed when i was about 4 years old.

They used the paste as mention from above. Not suppose to have water contact with it. Leave it on for couple of days. Slightly stinging at first but not much since i was 4 , it was bearable.

I wish i have my marks back.

But yeah, since then it never came back and my face is freckle/mark free.

Guest cicisaurr___

My mom had a beauty mark on her upper lip and got it removed in china because we were there for vacation.

She said it felt like something is biting you.

I remember she couldnt really move her mouth cause it would hurt so she couldn't speak.

That was like 6 years ago, but after like a month or so, it healed up and the beauty mark never appeared back since.

(:

Guest lifelovebeauty27

I think your health insurance covers it if they remove them for medical reasons (ex: screening for cancer), but not usually for cosmetic reasons. I would just caution you to be careful with trying things that could leave scars or removing them yourself - not sure if you know this but some moles are under the skin in your flesh, not just on the surface. If your moles are small and flat, they do not sound like much to worry about, but if they bother you or make you self-conscious, definitely explore your options. Good luck!

Guest wiwi_an

i nvr had any moles removed. but my mom is planing to take me to get it off.

i heard that the older you are, the more expensive it is? so its better to do it now than later.

Guest ♥cheri♥

It hurts. To me at least. @_@;; it was painful.........it felt like extremely intense burning on my face, lol. Or maybe it was because I was a lot younger back then....but I won't forget the pain. >.>

Guest YeonCouture

i have a small birthmark on my chin which i hate with all my heart.

i think it's hideous. i've had it zapped once and it did absolutely nothing.

then i went to another clinis for a consultation and they told me

that there's no way of removing it. anything i do to it wil either

leave a scar or just make the are darker ><

Guest dlbxd

you can get them done in any of those spa/facial places, i went to a shiseido one and it was only $5 a mole. some of them you have to go back several times for the mole to disappear although they dont charge u again of course. for the really tiny ones it went away completely with one time. for the ones that are a little darker i went back 2 times and now its still brownish but barely noticable. it doesnt scar, but i hated the waiting process of the mole to peel off since it gets extra dark after the procedure. its just a lazer, and it really isnt that painful, it just burns a little. it was a good decision. :)

Guest xrhapsody
you can get them done in any of those spa/facial places, i went to a shiseido one and it was only $5 a mole. some of them you have to go back several times for the mole to disappear although they dont charge u again of course. for the really tiny ones it went away completely with one time. for the ones that are a little darker i went back 2 times and now its still brownish but barely noticable. it doesnt scar, but i hated the waiting process of the mole to peel off since it gets extra dark after the procedure. its just a lazer, and it really isnt that painful, it just burns a little. it was a good decision. :)
Where do you live?

Archived