* Stage Name: Seo Taiji (서태지)
* Birthday: February 21, 1972
* Birthplace: Seoul, Korea
* Blood Type: O
* Height: 173 cm
* Weight: 55 kg
* Favorite Food: Pork Ribs

Bio

Known to many as the "Culture President," Seo Taiji has become one of the most influential cultural icons South Korea has seen. After dropping out of high school at the age of 15, Taiji became the bassist for metal band Sinawe (시나위). However, the band broke up in 1991, and Taiji did not fully bust into Korea's mainstream until 1992 when Seo Taiji and Boys (서태지와 아이들) debuted. The group, which was a wild success from the start, was made up of of Lee Ju-no (이주노), Yang Hyeon-seok (양현석), and of course Taiji himself. The group is credited with popularizing rap, hip-hop and dance music, and many of their songs have clear heavy metal influences. Many have compared the reign of the Taiji Boys to that of Michael Jackson, and their is no denying the influence they have had over modern Korean pop culture. However, after four albums, the group broke it off in 1996. Taiji seemed to disappear from the music scene until 1998, when he made his much-anticipated debut as a solo rock artist. Since then he has released three albums, one single, two live albums, and a compilation set titled [&] in order to celebrate his 15th Anniversary last year (there are only 15,000 in existence, all of which sold out within minutes). With his solo debut, Taiji returned to his roots in rock and metal music. His first solo album (in total his 5th album) contained metal influences along with innovative and intriguing guitar riffs. His second solo/6th album is his heaviest, consisting of much harder rap metal tracks. His third solo/7th album, however, took a different turn and was much more pop-punk sounding in style. His eight album (fourth solo album) is expected to be released mid-2008. Seo Taiji currently own his own record company (Seo Taiji Company) and is the mastermind the yearly music festival ETP Fest.

Solo Discography

*Seo Taiji (self-titled album 1998)
*Ultramania(울트라맨이야) (2000)
*6th Album Re-Recording and ETPFEST Live (2003)
*7th Issue (Live Wire) (2004)
*Seo Taiji Live Tour ZERO 04 (2004)
*[&]15th anniversary album - remastered all songs from 'Seo Tai-ji & Boys' albums, live albums, solo albums,and remix songs are included. (2007)
*upcoming 8th studio album - will be issued in 2008.
*(SINGLE) Feel The Soul (2001)(Released in Japan)

Music Videos

Take One (~5th Album)

Take Two (~5th Album)

Take Five (~5th Album)

Ultramania (~6th album)

Internet War (~6th album)

Live Wire (~7th Issue)

F.M. Business (~7th Issue)

Robot (~7th Issue)

Watch Out Man (~15th Anniversary [&])

cr: wikipedia, Wiki.ThePPN, google, youtube

Credits to Malice_Kaiser

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dekadoggy

I hope very soon!

It's almost been two long painful years of absence...

My guess is that an 8th album will be dropping around 2007...

Guest HeffyEnd

He's been working on it since about late last year, I think. In his new years message to his fans in January, it said he was working on it. I also read somewhere that it was supposed to come out THIS year, but I really don't see that happening..

I say it comes out sometime next year.

I want it now =(

Guest zealofsoul

You know SeoTaiji's style...

he releases like 3~4 years after each album. (lol his first single album took more than 10 years)

hes probably working on some other band's production, i think (like Pia, nell)

good thing is his albums are not like those instant-made albums that can cause vomit on your cd player.

his EP recording was awesome (even thou it was remake versioin)

i guess u gotta wait and relax lol

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Ah, I can't wait for his new album. I'm dyin' over here! ^^;

I wonder what style it'll be in this time around, y'know? For example his seventh album was softer than his sixth, and the fifth was kind of in between. And all three were kind of a big step away from the Seo Taiji & Boys style. He's just all over the place with his music. This'll be interesting! ^^

Guest xWiReDx

Is he actually considered "underground?"

Well that depends...his two solo albums before Vol.7: Livewire were in my opinion, underground.

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

hmm I'm hoping for a little harder feel on this album>< i wouldn't mind it being soft but idk harder guitar riffs and loud lyrics appeal to me more lol

Guest dekadoggy

Taiji is unpredictable when it comes to his music so I'm not even going to speculate on how the 8th sound and style is going to be.

Guest HeffyEnd

I don't really care what Taiji does on his next album, cause if it's Taiji, I know it's gonna be good.

I just want him to release it >.<

Guest HeffyEnd

^Probably because you quoted him.

I think some people make Seo Taiji threads here because it seems like a better place to talk about him. If someone made a Seo Taiji thread in the Kpop section I think most people say stuff like "I like that one song by Seo Taiji, they are sooooo good!"

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

yeah in the pop section you'll find more of omg he performed with seven right or something like he's so cute why was his first album called 7th sound?