SechsKies (젝스키스) For the Jekkies!

Guest jahye

The ORIGINAL 6 member K-pop boy group!

sechskies1.jpg00127405_2.jpg00127157_2.jpg2.jpg3.jpg9.jpgsechskies2.jpg Images from kpopmusic.com Profile/Discography at Empas & Naver Name: 젝스키스 / SechsKies Members: Black Kies / White Kies Eun Ji Won - 1978.06.08 / 174cm, 60kg, A형 / Leader Lee Jae Jin - 1979.07.13 / 175cm, 64kg, O형 / Rap, Choreography Kim Jae Duk - 1979.08.07 / 174cm, 55kg, B형 / Rap, Choreography Kang Sung Hoon - 1980.02.22 / 170cm, 55kg, B형 / Lead Vocal Go Ji Yong - 1980.07.01 / 180cm, 65kg, O형 / Vocal, Rap Jang Su Won - 1980.07.16 / 176cm, 52kg, A형 / Vocal Debut: 1997 Disbanded: May 2000 Movie: Seventeen ALBUMS 1st (1997) - Self Titled 2nd (November 1997) - Welcome To The Sechskies Land 3.5 (1998) - Special (soundtrack to their movie, Seventeen) 3rd (July 1998) - Road Fighter 4th (August 1999) - Com' Back Last (May 2000) - Blue Note

I admit I may not be the best fan (I'm H.O.T > SechsKies) to make their official thread, but I find it crazy that a SecksKies thread still doesn't exist! I know most old school groups that don't exist today will have few SOOMPI fans (in Korea, tons still exist just like H.O.T fans), but this is for the few and the faithful. For all the Jekkies!!! :)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jekki2chipo

I'm still a Jekki fan. will always be on.

JEKKI ALL THE WAY.

Thanks for posting up the pics, bring back so many memories.

Guest *wenDzie^^*

I'm still a Jekki fan. will always be on.

JEKKI ALL THE WAY.

Thanks for posting up the pics, bring back so many memories.

i know! the memories!

they were the first kpop band that i got into <3

kang sunghoon hwaiting!

Guest kpoplvr

!! I Remember seeing a special on TV- just all of their Music Videos!!

Ackk.. they were so frackalacking AWEsomeeeeee.... If i hadn't seen that special, i wouldn't have kept watching korean videos. ;)

Guest Dah_jOkA

pretti koo group, never really wes into dem cept for dat Yeh Gahm song

more of an H.OT fan, still a koo group though

-edit-

mah B posted twice

Guest TiFFaNiZeD

actually they are the first kpop group i know cuz of Val's what i did for love~~ lol

what does Sechskies/Jekkies means anyways....??

Would you all like to reminisce in the old days?

Since I can't upload and provide links in this board, I'll just have to it this way:

This blog has their hit songs: Go Here

01. 젝스키스 - 기도

02. 젝스키스 - 기사도

03. 젝스키스 - 기억해 줄래

04. 젝스키스 - 말괄량이 길들이기

05. 젝스키스 - 무모한 사랑

06. 젝스키스 - 배신감 (baeshingam)

07. 젝스키스 - 사나이 가는 길 (폼생폼사)

08. 젝스키스 - 약속v(promise)

09. 젝스키스 - 연정

10. 젝스키스 - 예감 (yaegam)

11. 젝스키스 - 커플 (couple)

12. 젝스키스 - 학원별곡

13. 젝스키스 - Com` Back

14. 젝스키스 - Road Fighter

15. 젝스키스 - SAY

There are 2 ways to download the music. You can either let the music play and get the file from your temporary internet files folder after the song is done playing through, or you can use Nettransport to download the songs. Just right click on the silver bar (the one with the play/pause, sound buttons) and click on properties. Highlight the address where it says location and put that link in Nettransport and it should download (that's how I did it). :)

actually they are the first kpop group i know cuz of Val's what i did for love~~ lol

what does Sechskies/Jekkies means anyways....??

It means 6 crystals. Kies is crystals. Jekkies (pl.) (singular: Jekki) are what the fans were called, like H.O.T. had Chotis (pl.) (singluar: Choti)

Guest BaEkKyOuNg_LoVeR

i missed them =P i love there song couple =] and the mv too...and i remember when they sang H.O.T - Candy...man i remember those times =]

Guest ☆ euny

MAAAAAAAAAN those were the days...

Although I was always a bigger H.O.T fan, I loved Sechskies as well [yea, I was 양다리 haha!]

Anyway, coincidental that not very long ago, I found a clubbox that's dedicated to them that has AMAZING old footage, clips, etc. from their 1st album days till the present. You have to sign up for membership but it's really easy - http://clubbox.co.kr/mohofamily. Enjoy! ^^

Guest rlyn_xen

WOW, I was just looking for their thread earlier today and it didn't exist! I was surprised too! I'm so happy I got all 4 of their albums and their special album now. =)

Guest rapunzel283

Whoa I was just watching my favourite performance of theirs today :lol:! They started off with ComBack, then sung Yaegam. So hot <3

EJW <3

OMG~~  I miss them~~~~><!!!!

It's my friend who introduce Sechskies to me because she is a jekki fan~~

I got almost all jekki's news from her since we hang out almost all everyday~~and talked about our beloved k-pop music ~~haha

It's so sad that they weren't here anymore....they were AWESOME!!!

sigh....even thought they were rivals with H.O.T(indeed they were really close friends with each other :P )

But they both broke up all that suddenly causing many fan's heart break( include me><)

OMG~~  I miss them~~~~><!!!!

It's my friend who introduce Sechskies to me because she is a jekki fan~~

I got almost all jekki's news from her since we hang out almost all everyday~~and talked about our beloved k-pop music ~~haha

It's so sad that they weren't here anymore....they were AWESOME!!!

sigh....even thought they were rivals with H.O.T(indeed they were really close friends with each other :P )

But they both broke up all that suddenly causing many fan's heart break( include me><)

To this day I don't know the reasons behind the breakup. Does anyone else know what exactly happened? All I remember is their last performance where they were wearing black. They were in a huge stadium and everyone was crying.

I know everyone's favorite is probably Kang Sung Hoon, but mine was Go Ji Yong. ^_^

(it's funny because the leader and the lead singer of each group tends to be the members I least like! like heejun & kangta, hyori & ju hyun, park joon hyung & kim tae woo, and bada :lol: )

Everyone's favorite song of theirs is probably Couple or maybe BaeShinGam, but mine is Yaegam (Premonition) When I first saw Jae Jin do his dance in that, I thought he fell by accident! haha. and Ji Yong would come out with his cane! And I loved Jae Duk's rap in the song. Sung Hoon's voice was made for that song! I can't imagine anyone else singing that song, like if Kangta were to sing it.

Just like when Sechskies performed Candy, it sounded really weird hearing Sung Hoon singing Kangta's parts, it just didn't match. But I still loved the performance because it brought the 2 groups to eachother. H.O.T and SechsKies really are worthy rivals of eachother and I haven't seen any other male group rivalry like this one. Oh, in the Candy performance, I remember I was so happy to see my favorite in SechsKies, Ji Yong, sing the parts of my favorite in H.O.T., Tony. ^_^

The reason I can't call myself a true 양다리 is because I never followed the SechsKies members after they broke up, but I did with H.O.T.

I know Jae Duk and Su Won had J Walk and JNC, but that was a while ago. And everyone else except Ji Yong went solo. I heard Sung Hoon recently went to do his military duty.

Does anyone have any updates on the members?

(☆ euny, thanks for the clubbox!! I can't wait to download some performances!)

Guest little_omlette

aww i miss jekki. i remember being so obsessed with them (like kids nowadays are with dongbangshinki). although i liked h.o.t. i gotta say i was all for jekki.

unlike h.o.t. though you don't hear much about the members from jekki these days. i remember after the breakup they all went solo except ko ji yong and he was suppose to be going to acting school to become an actor.. but now the only person i know that's actually still around is eun ji won... i'm assuming kang sung hoon went to the military cause he hasn't had an album out in awhile (he usually puts one out every year ^^) and last i heard he said he was leaving for the military... dunno what happened to j-walk after jnc...seems like j-walk and click.b both disappeared... i thought lee jaejin put out another album last year...can't remember for sure though... i think eun ji won is pretty much the only one that's actually the most successful outta the 6.. *shruggs*

man i feel like a teen again talking about jekki...hahaha... what can i say, i'm still a kid at heart >_<

i miss all the old gasoos...

Archived