Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Art & Design School Thread

Replies

• frypanfrypan Posts: 12Member
    ^-^ I'm going to pratt for graphic design.
  • breathless.breathless. shutterbug rochester, nyPosts: 496Member
    I attend RIT for photography -- my school is an odd mix of half art/half technology. Our campus is just full of extremes ~

hellowhimsy.blogspot.com
  • threecharlesthreecharles Illustrator FloridaPosts: 179Member
    QUOTE (Japonesque @ Jun 27 2009, 12:14 AM) »
    Yay! a design thread.
    we sure need this!
    =D
    any of you designers own a Macbook? cuz thats What I've been noticing heaps of design students carrying around
    at uni.

Yeah, I have a Macbook Pro, school gives them to freshman.
    Nice to see other artists here.
  • onewithoutloveonewithoutlove my house ^__^Posts: 658Member

ROOKIE

I'm going to the art institute of california-Hollywood
    for interior design. I don't know if i should get a macbook
    pro :/ do we really need it?
  • furiaefuriae Posts: 1,270Member
    edited October 2013
    www.san-x.co.jp/charapri/top.html#kabe
  • MarsCrescentMarsCrescent Movie Guru WIPosts: 289Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not attending an art school but rather a state school and will receive a BA in fine arts. I'm going to be concentrating on graphic design. I'm so excited!
    QUOTE (onewithoutlove @ Jun 28 2009, 01:31 PM) »
    I'm going to the art institute of california-Hollywood
    for interior design. I don't know if i should get a macbook
    pro :/ do we really need it?

Wait on it. Interior design uses a lot of PC based programs.
  • anInsignificantAsiananInsignificantAsian DB CAPosts: 50Member
    Anyone going to Art Center? I was gonna go there, but I chose UCR...
    Tell me how it is.
  • phantompc4phantompc4 Atl,GAPosts: 785Member
    SCAD atlanta campus (savannah college of art and design) for photography and minor in industrial design.

ill be going to their hong kong campus when it finishes in 2010
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13
  • MeeMee New York CityPosts: 200Member

ROOKIE

I'm going to be a Senior, 7th-semester at the Fashion Institute of Technology (NYC) in Sept.,
    majoring in Interior Design ! image Any other FIT heads?

Hoping to get my Masters in Architecture in a year also.
  • ginachanginachan Europe!Posts: 3,138Member

IDOL

edited July 2009
    I'm majoring in Fashion Merchandising..and is planning to trasfer to CALPOLY POMONA for their Apparel Merchandising program....anyone here attending CALPOLY? I need some advice whether or not I should transfer to AI instead of CSU?

• hyele128hyele128 Posts: 70Member
    yay an art school thread!

im gonna be a freshman at MICA this fall.
    baltimore is a dangerous city, especially around campus.. but i can protect myself with my exacto knife...haha im such an artnerrd.

im still deciding between painting and illustration as my major.
    i wonder if anyone here is going to risd or cooper union..
  • picturesquepicturesque skypark ! dreamlandPosts: 1,454Member
    whoo! an art & design thread! I'm a freshmen taking up Fine Arts major in Advertising image I'm starting to love every bits of it. Hurrahhh to us! 8D
    MYTUMBLR ∆ MYBLOG
    * Endless phone calls and dreaming about you. flickr / 411
    QUOTE (Paulexie @ Jul 17 2009, 09:14 AM) »
    whoo! an art & design thread! I'm a freshmen taking up Fine Arts major in Advertising image I'm starting to love every bits of it. Hurrahhh to us! 8D

Where at??
  • la foliela folie Posts: 4,346Friend of Soompi
    ^Yeah I'm curious about that too image
    Ever felt a song touched you deeply? Tell me your story.
  • nclyncly Posts: 8,159Member

IDOL

edited July 2009
    does anyone know any art school in Boston?

also i wonder if anyone here goes to central saint martins college of art & design in london?

i have to give in my college application soon, and i really want to go to a college/university that has something to do with art
    don't know what i want to be major in though....may be something to do with advertising

my mom is prettymuch agaisnt my idea, cuz she thinks it's hard to get a job if i go to an art school. that's not true though right?
    QUOTE (ncly @ Jul 17 2009, 03:06 PM) »
    does anyone know any art school in Boston?

also i wonder if anyone here goes to central saint martins college of art & design in london?

i have to give in my college application soon, and i really want to go to a college/university that has something to do with art
    don't know what i want to be major in though....may be something to do with advertising

my mom is prettymuch agaisnt my idea, cuz she thinks it's hard to get a job if i go to an art school. that's not true though right?

Lol, it's hard to get a job right now period. Good news is it's a great time to go to school, because the world should recover by the time you are out. Art careers tend to be challenging to get, but are also very rewarding.

If you read, "A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future" he argues that in the near future designers and artists will be extremely vital.

I am going to school for illustration. It's a VERY hard path, but everyone is only given one life so I am going to use that one life to chase my dreams :] and I suggest the same for everyone.
  • yoshakeityoshakeit earthPosts: 14Member
    I was totally waiting for a thread like this! Im a junior in high school and Im preparing my portfolio right now, which is due around december-ish. I really want to major in fine arts! What colleges have a good fine arts program? I really want to go to Pratt.
  • 1.minute.1.second1.minute.1.second Toronto, CanadaPosts: 89Member
    edited July 2009
    QUOTE (strawberrynkiwi @ Jun 23 2009, 12:08 AM) »
    I am finishing my final year at Ontario College of Art and Design in Illustration.
    Ahhh the illustration world is so tough. I wonder how I'm going to survive my last year, especially with thesis. image

and I feel like I'm the only one.

Hey, I'm going to be a first-year student at OCAD for Illustration. Any advice/experience/tips for me? =D

And for those of you in the States, how on earth do you manage the financial matters? I applied to Pratt, got accepted, and ultimately had to decline the offer because of the $$$. In addition, it's even more expensive for us international students because we don't get any financial aid from the government or school, plus all the paperwork/documents for a visa.
  • TammyTammy CanadaPosts: 536Member
    Going to the Ontario College of Art and Design in September. I originally wanted to go into painting/drawing, but now I'm edging towards illustration/graphic design. So unsure.... =/