Is Anyone Self Conscious About Their Pale Skin?

Guest walkingmuse

Guest walkingmuse

I know most Asian people use whitening products and want pale skin...

but today I went to MAC to get new foundation and got matched with C2, which is I think the lightest shade available

on the MAC website when you look at it, it looks like freakin paper - it's that white.

It's not like I haven't been out in the sun... I've been outside a lot more recently because it's summer break, yet I get paler? I used to be NC 15. I've never even been just C something before (btw what does C stand for?)

It just kind of makes me self conscious because I feel like everyone's getting tan and I'm all pale :unsure:

Anyone else relate?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mayholic

MAC swatches on the site are really inaccurate. Don't think too much about it. I'd love to have your skin. C stands for "cool". According to MAC, pink is warm and yellow is cool. According to everyone else, it's the reverse. MAC just likes to be weird.

Guest walkingmuse

Yeah I was kinda looking at the swatch online thinking that didn't seem to be accurate... I was like "agh is my skin really paper white?!"

Thanks that was really helpful! :D

Guest liimegreeen

i used to be self-conscious of my pale skin and even went to tanning salons -__- but now i LOVE it! i get compliments on my skin a lot and people tell me it looks like porcelain. i'm so fair, my pressed powder color is called "snow" by NARS :]

Guest mszpbshiix

don't be girl!!!

if you're asian, at least especially in korea (and most asian countries)

girls would kill to be as white as you!

flaunttt that beautiful porcelain skin. asians can rockk it

be happy you don't have to spend money on brightening products or tanning supples or even that whitening soap lol

no reason to feel self-conscious for reals.

Guest colloquy

Are you as white as this one British celebrity - Nicola Roberts? I remember she also made a skincare line for people with really white skin because no major makeup line carried makeup that was that white. If you're C2, I don't think you're *that* pale. Even if you are, embrace the skin you have. =D

Guest MeriendaTime

Like someone stated before me, C stands for cool.

Yep, c2 is the lightest shade, however I believe hyperreal pressed powder in extra light @ Mac Pro is lighter.

What I'd like to know is how you go from NC (yellow undertones) to C...which is best suited for olive skin....

I'm not super pale. I match up at NW20, most of the people in my family are pretty tan so I stand out like a sore thumb at family parties. They call me "Twilight" (that movie/book about vampires) and say things like "I wonder what'll happen to you when the sun comes out". It's annoying, but I don't feel self conscious about it. There are a lot of people out there that are way lighter than me.

Guest TOPforever

no, not really xD

i wished that i was a little tanner tho.

so my friends could stop making fun of me xD

its impossible for me to get tanner.

sigh

Guest walkingmuse

What I'd like to know is how you go from NC (yellow undertones) to C...which is best suited for olive skin....

yeah! I was wondering that too!

I guess I'll just have to try it out and make sure it matches, otherwise I'll return it and have someone else match me.

Guest ephemeral.

I'm starting to like my fair/pale skin.

I used to be self-conscious because I thought I looked ghostly.

But I receive compliments on my skin. They say it's different, innocent and porcelain-like?

Probably because most of them have tanner skin, while I'm the odd one out.

They say I'm either Snow White or a vampire. Black hair, pale skin, pink lips. (x

Embrace it. (:

Guest ilikecandixD

lucky! i want lighter skin. You can get a tan if your too light but when your darker theres no going back . except skin whiting products.

Guest CarelessWhisper

I don't think skin color matters at all. I think someone's natural skin color is the most beautiful thing possible :) It's annoying when people are obsessed with changing their skin color by tanning and stuff.

Guest tian`tian

i love my fair/pale skin

just don't really like my fair/pale legs, my veins are visible close-up, looks freaky. :mellow:

Agree with this. I'm okay with it mostly, just my legs being pale is kinda awkward...everyone loves the tan look especially in the summer here.

Also if I'm really pale when I take pictures with my friends who are tanner I look ghostly.

Guest azpeach

omg me! i never put on sunblock or try to even keep my skin pale, it just is. i hate when people think i look sick, or "too white"

Guest abviolinplayer

C stands for "cool".

hell yeah pale skin is cool! haha jk anyway I say embrace your pale skin...lots of Asians probably envy you!

though I used to be like you...I'm SUPER pale and don't tan easily at all, and I wanted to have a nice tan complexion...I bought one of those bronzing lotions (which didn't do much anyway) and sat in the sun a lot, but now I don't care. might be more out of laziness, but w/e, I'm fine with being pale, and my boy likes it so it's all good XD

Guest StrwB3rry

awww. dont be self consioussss.

i would die for pale skin like yourss

(:

im still trying to get paler with masks and stuff

but going to the pool doesnt help me ^^"

i know lots of people who would envy your skin.

Me being one of them O;

Archived