Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Armpit Hair On Guys

MangaPandaMangaPanda ♥ 양승호AmsterdamPosts: 538Member
Gross or manly ?
I've been having this discussion with a few friends for days about arm pit hair. Two of my friends find it utterly disgusting and demand that their future boyfriend shave or atleast trim it. But the majority of us find it 'manly' when he has arm pit hair. I mean, what would you think if your boyfriend would shave it away? I mean, my best friend is gay but he just trims it and he finds it VERY gay when a guy shaves it totally. My opinion is, trimming is OK cause I don't want to be able to braid it or anything.

So, what's your opinion about armpit hair on guys? To shave or not?
iTweet
Selling DBSK photobooks; Bonjour Paris special limited package, 2009 Mirotic Concert Book, A week Holiday Stylish & Prince in Prague. PM me for info. :)       Whitelisted: +1

Replies

• DailyMelodyDailyMelody your L O V E gives me strength. AmsterdamPosts: 527Member
    edited April 2009
    I don't wanna see an enormous amount of hair when a guy raises his arm, i mean to me that's freaking nasty...
    I have to say; shaving it is "gay" to most people. Though come on, if he really doesn't want to shave it... AT LEAST TRIM IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
    "I am what I am." - Sidney Crosby
    Twitter ; Youtube ; DeviantArt ; Tumblr

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • eternal.happinesseternal.happiness SUPERsweetLOVE ? TORONTO ♥Posts: 4,243Friend of Soompi

IDOL

I'm super picky with armpit hair image
    I'd like my boyfriend to trim or shave because I'm very ughh about hair.
    I don't think it takes away their manly-ness at all.
    Especially in the summer, it is not a good sight >___<
    ♥ life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous possessive love that grabs at what it can ♥
    ♬ follow me on twitter or facebook
  • HitoroHitoro Posts: 316Member
    edited April 2009
    wtf? i shave it completly heck i even shave image AND I'M MORE THEN MANLY!!! and its not gay either.....after you shave it you will never smell like BO agian! that's why i do it and it has worked! plus looks cleaner and the girls enjoy it. Now shaving leg hair is another story............
    "If life is too easy then there will be nothing to remember when you grow older. It is the sweetness with the bitterness and the laughters with the cries in which you will have something to remember upon."
  • JaehoJaeho KoreaPosts: 5,316Friend of Soompi
    Armpit hair is gross to look at. I just hate seeing it on anyone. And I'm straight. image
  • i_4goti_4got Headspins hurt my head. TorontoPosts: 643Member
    QUOTE (Hitoro @ Apr 27 2009, 03:43 PM) »
    wtf? i shave it completly heck i even shave image AND I'M MORE THEN MANLY!!! and its not gay either.....after you shave it you will never smell like BO agian! that's why i do it and it has worked! plus looks cleaner and the girls enjoy it. Now shaving leg hair is another story............

Same here! When you work out and breakdance as much as I do, you'll notice a huge difference in how your body smells with/without armpit hair. Besides, I don't want to work out on a machine after someone's sweaty armpit hair's been rubbing against it. You never know when you'll find a loose hair lying around. And what's so gay about it? Is it gay that I want to be able to keep my pits dry in the summer? image
    QUOTE (chopstick^^ @ Apr 7 2009, 03:05 PM) »
    well, u sound unreasonble, so i dnt care wot u say.

^
    Most intelligent post on Soompi.
  • Ducky^^Ducky^^ Hello Kitty's so over rated Posts: 70Member
    QUOTE (Jaeho @ Apr 27 2009, 02:47 PM) »
    Armpit hair is gross to look at. I just hate seeing it on anyone. And I'm straight. image

You think but I don't have that much arm pit hair in the first place so it shouldn't really matter
  • catheezycatheezy CaliforniaPosts: 1,047Member
    eww. i guess it is a sign of manly-ness but, i honestly find it unattractive to see a man lifting up his arms and seeing a bush of hair there. please trim it at least haha, or shaving it is even better. image
    SNSD 짱!
  • MangaPandaMangaPanda ♥ 양승호 AmsterdamPosts: 538Member
    However, removing armpit hair, whether by shaving or any other method, increases the amount of moisture allowed to cling to the skin and if combined with a disturbed acid mantle caused by the use of most soaps (basic pH), may lead to increased body odor. So the theory of having shaved armpit hair reduces body odor is invalid.
    This according to wikipedia.
    Ever had experience with this happening?

And he finds it gay because he believes shaving is for women to do, and not men. < --- don't attack me for this sentence it's HIS opinion image image
    iTweet
    Selling DBSK photobooks; Bonjour Paris special limited package, 2009 Mirotic Concert Book, A week Holiday Stylish & Prince in Prague. PM me for info. :)       Whitelisted: +1

• DailyMelodyDailyMelody your L O V E gives me strength. AmsterdamPosts: 527Member
    QUOTE (catheezy @ Apr 27 2009, 02:18 PM) »
    eww. i guess it is a sign of manly-ness but, i honestly find it unattractive to see a man lifting up his arms and seeing a bush of hair there. please trim it at least haha, or shaving it is even better. image

I totally agree with you XD.
    "I am what I am." - Sidney Crosby
    Twitter ; Youtube ; DeviantArt ; Tumblr

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • snowpearsnowpear New YorkPosts: 347Member
    Unless, he's a celeb like DBSK, then his only options are to trim, shave, or never let me see it image . But then again, i don't have much of a problem with it( brother image ).
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,142Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

Hahaha I'm the only one who doesn't care

• iiYUN!!iiYUN!! Still waiting to bloom. Posts: 51Member
    When i see armpit hair on a guy, that makes me think of seriously nasty gross jungle of sweaty hairr ewwww xDD shave it off or else thats just plain nasty x-x;
  • xKaoriixKaorii LeeuwardenPosts: 3Member
    i think it's manly, it would look a kinda .... gay if he shaves o_o
    but still..

Love story
    Baby, just say yes.
  • ringo&amp;lt;3ringo&lt;3 Posts: 403Member
    i think its manly, but i don't like a lot of hair on the body.
  • i_4goti_4got Headspins hurt my head. TorontoPosts: 643Member
    QUOTE (MangaPanda @ Apr 27 2009, 03:21 PM) »
    This according to wikipedia.
    Ever had experience with this happening?

And he finds it gay because he believes shaving is for women to do, and not men. < --- don't attack me for this sentence it's HIS opinion image image

Re: your quote from Wikipedia, it's both true and false. More moisture can cling to the skin, but less moisture is produced with the absence of hair there. And without those long hairs in the way, it is much easier to wipe sweat off with a towel or cloth.

And your friend sounds like one of those guys who thinks only women are supposed to do the cooking and cleaning too. Tell him to reconsider shaving his armpits when he's playing basketball and gets a face full of someone's hairy pit. image
    QUOTE (chopstick^^ @ Apr 7 2009, 03:05 PM) »
    well, u sound unreasonble, so i dnt care wot u say.

^
    Most intelligent post on Soompi.
  • EHNerJIEHNerJI 내꺼하자. ♥ Posts: 8,487Member

IDOL

depends how hairy, really LOL.
    but, for some reason i always preferred no/little armpit hair.
    i don't care too much about it, though : P
    but if it's super hairy, yeah, i'd prefer he shave it or SOMETHING.
    ... and, i don't think it's gay at all =/
    power7ranger.png
    © power7ranger & BUBBLEWRAP!
  • adiavoyadiavoy Posts: 2,281Member
    edited April 2009
    Meh, I really don't care, I'm glad I'm not a dude. I don't care whether a guy has armpit hair or not, but when I see it shaved it seems.. odd, but then again no one wants OB... but then again, you don't have to work out or break a sweat.
  • MangaPandaMangaPanda ♥ 양승호 AmsterdamPosts: 538Member
    @ i_4got : He actually cooks and cleans so I don't think he's that kind of guy. image

But I guess that's true for transpiration to be less without much hair there, sounds logical.
    iTweet

• daraedarae Posts: 416Member
    manly

i find it weird when they dont have any
    i can only imagine,,,
  • The Pink PandaThe Pink Panda The 21st century cure Neverwaking DreamPosts: 815Member
    I don't think men shaving pit hair is a common practice in the UK, so I'd find it kinda weird if he shaved.