How To Start Conversations

Guest cocopuffs

Guest cocopuffs

with new people you meet
Whenever I meet new people, iunno how to start a conversations so it's usually only silence xD

What kinds of topics do you talk to new people/friends about to keep an ongoing convo? :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rainity

well for people i dont know, i usually talk about what we have in common than it just drags out the conversation :D

Guest screamxlove

Social psychologists studies show that music is what starts friendships :]

And go on from there. Unless they're quiet and nothing clicks, then... forgetchoo. haha.

Guest doll face

^^ whoa, didn't know about that psychologist study. :o

my first conversations, depending on where I meet them, will usually be about the event/place we're at (school, concerts, etc.)

and then we just end up talking about music xD and how their week/day was~~

Guest litePiNK

Oo this is helpful since I'm new to Toronto, so it's nice to make new convos. 8D

I guess it depends on the environment because in my English class, we have this really crappy teacher we all hate, so typical convo starters there would be like "I HAAATE that teacher..." And then it's followed by clamors of "Yeah me too." And we soon gossip about her. xD

On Friday, I ran into a classmate of mine and to start off a conversation, I just talked about how their day was and school. xD

Guest lauj_geek93

...hmmm....i have the same problem. How about when you know that person, but you just don't really talk to her. for example, my cousin. I don't really talk to her and i know that we like totally different types music. eh...she's silent anyways.

Guest april.berry

i also have the same prob. i dunno how to start conversations. i just smile at the person and be silent. though sometimes i wanna talk and ask a few questions, but i feel shy.

Guest WONTONSOUPx

Omg, I have the same problem! >__< I suck at starting conversations! I'm just like, "Uh...hi."

& then the conversation dies 1 minute later!

Guest SillyyJenn

i usually talk about random stuff or i would suddenly start giggling about 2pm or big bang or some other obsession and they would ask me about it and then we'd talk xD

Guest ChimDee

"Nice weather we're having ..."

It's a start at least. :lol:

I'm not much of a social butterfly neither but I usually get one or two strangers strike up a conversation. Had a guy once ask me for the time whilst at the bus stop. From there somehow we went onto a full-blown conversation and by the time the bus arrived I discovered his age, occupation, s/o name and what he planned to have for dinner that night.

Wasn't 'till later that evening I realized that I never got his name.

Archived