Mc Mong, "i Kept My Promise To Choi Jinshil"

Guest SHINEE_jonghyun<3

Guest SHINEE_jonghyun<3

editted with the song
sorry if this was posted already

-------------------------------------------------

2009072306301842001_063612_0.jpg

'지금 듣고 있죠? 저 이제 약속 지켰습니다. 그러니까 웃어요. 우리도 행복할 수 있게~.'('진실은 천국에서라도' 내레이션 中)

23일 발매한 MC몽(본명 신동현ㆍ30)의 5집 수록곡 '진실은 천국에서라도'는 MC몽이 최진실과의 생전 약속을 지키기 위해 부른 곡이다. 최근 인터뷰를 한 MC몽은 이 곡의 음원 수익금을 어려운 이웃들에게 기부할 계획이라고 말했다.

지난해 10월 최진실의 사망을 전세계 언론이 보도한 뉴스들을 노래 첫머리에 삽입한 이 곡은 노래 중간 나오는 MC몽의 내레이션이 감동적이다.

MC몽과 최진실은 생전 친분이 두터운 것으로 잘 알려져 있었다. 최진실은 MC몽의 영화 데뷔작 '뚝방전설' 시사회에도 김희선과 함께 참석해 격려했다. 또 최진실이 사망 전날 라디오 DJ인 홍진경에게 신청했던 노래도 MC몽의 '아이 러브 유 오 땡큐(I Love U Oh Thank U)'였다.

MC몽은 "진실 누나와는 스노보드를 타다가 친해졌다"며 "누나가 내 음반을 갖고 있는데다, 수록곡을 모두 알고 있어 놀랐다. 언젠가 누나가 '내 노래 한번 만들어줘라. 내가 뮤직비디오에도 출연할게. 꼭 약속지키라'고 얘기했는데 이제서야 그 약속을 지킨 것"이라고 말했다.

이어 "일본 공연과 '1박2일' 촬영으로 진실 누나 빈소에 단 하루도 가보지 못해 미안하고 가슴이 아팠다"며 "그때 누나와 한 약속을 꼭 지키겠다고 마음먹었다. 평소 내게 늘 좋은 말씀을 해주셨는데, 누나를 이대로 보내고 싶지 않았다. 살면서 누나의 진실이 왜곡됐기에 '진실을 가져간 폭풍우'라는 가사를 담았다"고 덧붙였다.

MC몽은 최진실 뿐 아니라 연예인들이 허망하게 목숨을 잃는 것에도 안타까워했다.

그는 "진실이 누나 뿐 아니라 하늘에서 별이 된 분들이 웃을 수 있도록 위로해주고 싶었다"며 "더 이상 세상 사람들을 아프게 하는 일이 일어나지 않았으면 좋겠다"는 바람도 전했다.

"You're still listening to me right? I kept my promise to you. So smile, then we can be happy too." This is the introduction to one of MC Mong's songs (Even In Heaven, JinSil Is) from his new album that was released on the 23rd. MC Mong revealed that this song is dedicated to the promise he made to the late Choi Jinshil before she passed away. It was well known that the two were close friends. Choi JinShil even requested MC Mong's "I love you oh thank you" on the radio the day before she died. She kept his keyboard and was a big fan of his many songs. She asked him, "Write a song for her and I'll star in his music video. You better keep this promise!" MC MONG also revealed that he has always felt bad that he was never able to visit her burial site due to his busy schedule and that was when he promised to himself that he would keep that promise.

MC Mong also regretted that many other celebrities died like Choi JinShil. He said, "I hope the people who are now stars in Heaven are able to smile now..I hope no more painful events occur.."

credits: yahoo korea

2009071509052410021.jpg

11256523.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dslwMEdFjZY

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ii_christie

A song dedicated for her, that's amazingly thoughtful of Mong. But at the same time, it's bittersweet. Mong indeed kept his word.

Guest morimi

THis is so bittersweet. He kept his promise, but she wouldn't be able to feature in the music video. THe song is so beautiful and it has a nice beat to it. I also agree, it's sad that other celebs that have died. RIP

Guest superstar`kiss

Awee. I never knew they were close friends.

I want to hear the song. I bet his album is great.

CJS RIP. <3

Guest repeat_on_echo

I think I started crying right when the song started. I don't know, I'm typing this as I'm listening to this song and I still can't believe she's gone. I think it's the most beautiful thing to have kept her promise.

RIP Choi Jinshil, I still miss you. <3

Guest xmkaex

Even though i don't know what the lyrics mean yet, i can feel mong's thoughtfulness and friendship towards Choi Jinshil in the song. the piano adds the right touch. he is, indeed, a wonderful friend.

Choi Jinshil, rest in peace

Archived