Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do You Still Need Lenses To Look Like An Ulzzang?

Replies

• soominiesoominie CanadaPosts: 2,848Member

ROOKIE

I don't think it's necessary but circle lenses do appear to enhance the size of your eyes. I suggest that you don't try to become an uhljjang though, you have to be able to take a lot of crap from haters.
  • FlicksityyFlicksityy AustraliaPosts: 3,235Member

IDOL

Ulzzang means best face. So you have the biggest eyes, if your nose is flat and big and your mouth is huge or too tiny to match up the large nose, how is that a 'best face' ?

• ninyaahninyaah the end USAPosts: 2,963Member

IDOL

LOL. Honey, being an Uljjang is about looking good, not having big eyes.
    There are Uljjangs with relatively "small" eyes.

And, even if you're pretty, you have to be pretty well-known to be considered an Uljjang.
    You can't just be an Uljjang.

Word. The main reason why these people are called ulzzangs is because they're popular or well-known. Even if you're pretty, you can't just be an ulzzang. And I agree that you have to have a pretty face first and foremost, and also good style.
  • daulismdaulism ! Posts: 3,131Member
    edited April 2009
    I like how most people posted ulzzangs associated with the words "photoshop" or "makeup" and not "natural beauty" haha!

No, you don't need circle lens. image
    Moonlight speakers bumpin'
    Stars won't stop keep jumpin'
    Everybody's feelin'~ enjoy the night baby~
  • anmeijoanmeijo Brissy^_^Posts: 353Member
    i don't think you need circle lense~ but i would like to try them, cos my eyes are big-ish, but my pupils are not so~ so at times i have to squint my eyes to make it look like i don't have dot pupils~ :3

but i think just knowing how to make yourself look pretty is all you need~ and know how to edit pics image
    http://annabelledokidoki.blogspot.com/
    hey, I'm anna.  my blog is full on imba. :]
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,724Member

IDOL

QUOTE (hybrid_marionette @ Apr 14 2009, 08:12 PM) »
    I like how most people posted ulzzangs associated with the words "photoshop" or "makeup" and not "natural beauty" haha!

image well isn't it what helps them become Ulzzang?

any ways don't bother you'll look like an alien and it looks fake on most people.
  • AliceAristocratAliceAristocrat Bangkok, ThailandPosts: 752Member
    contacts are dangerous.........plus u don't have to
    so why risk your eyes.......sometimes it doesn't even make u look different
    if you want to wear contacts (for fashion) at least wear like colored ones or something (because when I wear circle lens....I look exactly the same -*- my friends don't even notice them!!!)
    so you don't need to wear contacts to look good......some people look creepy with them....
  • DesdaDesda zBanned heaven.Posts: 1,796Member
    ahha PHOTOSHOPPING IS ALL YOU NEED.
    seriously, technology can make any ol' internet photo or mag cover look Fabulous.
  • WENJJANGWENJJANG ?? CaliforniaPosts: 7,127Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (hybrid_marionette @ Apr 14 2009, 08:12 PM) »

To be an uhljjang you need to be good looking or have a sense of style.
    If you aren't even good looking to people, PHOTOSHOP and MAKE UP is the only way.
    Only the people can "crown" someone an uhljjang.

I admit there are some natural uhljjangs out there, but they are just naturally beautiful.
  • * veenee* veenee sushi luver * Posts: 917Member
    I don't think its the circle lens that makes those girls seem pretty, its just the illusion and editing of photoshop,
    but still.. get a nice haircut, it can help just about anybody.
    To me, those ulzzangs just look good is because of the angles, as well, they put on so much eye makeup, if you look
    on that other thread, a regular girl can become gorgeous because she used double eyelid glue/tape.
    you and i together, it just feels alright ♥
    facebook // tumblr **
  • gingerginger i'm a monster!!!!!!!!!&a Seoul, South KoreaPosts: 7,002Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (* veenee @ Apr 15 2009, 01:15 AM) »
    I don't think its the circle lens that makes those girls seem pretty, its just the illusion and editing of photoshop,
    but still.. get a nice haircut, it can help just about anybody.
    To me, those ulzzangs just look good is because of the angles, as well, they put on so much eye makeup, if you look
    on that other thread, a regular girl can become gorgeous because she used double eyelid glue/tape.

Most uljjangs are NOT like the one that you are referencing, though. If you browse through the uljjang topic in the Korean celebs forum, you won't find any with that kind of look. In fact, most uljjangs go for the "no makeup" look, meaning soft and natural.

-ginger
  • The Pink PandaThe Pink Panda The 21st century cure Neverwaking DreamPosts: 815Member
    what you need:

A good resolution photo of your favourite ulzzang
    A printer
    Glue

Resize the photo so it's about the size of your face, print it out, cut holes for eyes, and stick it on your face

• blurrblurr ? go awayPosts: 744Member
    QUOTE (Tayl @ Apr 14 2009, 08:42 AM) »
    You don't need to look cute to be an ulzzang...
    Lots of ulzzang don't use circle lenses. Are you saying guys use circle lenses too?

You just need a good face shape, and have very good features

Example of Ulzzang without circle lenses..

mikkiandleechihoon.jpg[they look like they're wearing circle lens to me > >?on that note, does anyone have photos of ulzzangs who really don't wear circle lens?
    paffu.net /
    survey /
    brisbane, australia.
  • QWERTY.QWERTY. BRUCE LEE OF GAMBLERZ's CREW <3 Posts: 2,169Member
    nah, you just need photoshop and some skills

love what you have.
    SOOMPI SHOP
    ask for el facebook
  • asdasd :]]Posts: 25Member
    almost all ulzzangs have big eyes, tall-straight or small-button noses; clear skin and "cute" styles i guess?
    you dont necessarily need all those things to look like an ulzzang. as long as you're pretty.
  • MushroomPinayMushroomPinay Kuntiful Doku Austin, TxPosts: 184Member
    edited April 2009
    yeah, i know what you mean about the "uhljang look" unlike other people in here trying to always criticize someone when they know what you're trying to say.
    i'll give you advice instead of telling you you're wrong or w/e lol.
    and yes circle lenses do make a big difference..people think they don't but they really do.
    if you took a pic with the circle lenses and a pic without them there would be a big difference.
    without my circle lenses in some pics my eyes look naked lol.
    and no, they are not the same size as regular lenses to whoever said they are on the first page..
    i have tons of regular color lenses, but my circle lenses are sooooooo much bigger and make a way bigger difference.
    so if you're trying to achieve this look and i'm not talking about the meaning of it..just the look itself of most of the girls i've seen that are called uhljangs, yes you should wear circle lenses.
    it helps more than some ppl think.

even this girl said it who did a tutorial on it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJcY6vpIluc

and no you don't necessarily need photoshop just to try this look.
    it's better to take them unphotoshopped cause if someone sees you in person they'll be like that's not you lol.
    http://www.facebook.com/Mushroomy
    http://shroomylove.blogspot.com/
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,724Member

IDOL

QUOTE (The Pink Panda @ Apr 15 2009, 06:39 PM) »
    what you need:

A good resolution photo of your favourite ulzzang
    A printer
    Glue

Resize the photo so it's about the size of your face, print it out, cut holes for eyes, and stick it on your face

that reminds me of some guy on Youtube who printed out Magibon's face out and used it as a mask..

now that i brought magibon up..ask her for tips? She was freakin' good at hiding her flaws.
  • kiralz0mgkiralz0mg <3 Neverland~Posts: 1,484Member
    nope as long as you do your makeup right and have the right angles for taking pics then no you don't need circle lenses :3
  • NamineNamine chu chu kya kya ? Posts: 4,534Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (Tayl @ Apr 13 2009, 04:42 PM) »
    You don't need to look cute to be an ulzzang...
    Lots of ulzzang don't use circle lenses. Are you saying guys use circle lenses too?

You just need a good face shape, and have very good features

Example of Ulzzang without circle lenses..

mikkiandleechihoon.oh lolmikki wears circle lenses hahahaha .imda is the only ulzzang i know that doesnt wear circle lenses, the rest of them do for the most part.it makes a difference, anyone who says it doesn't either already has big eyes, or just want to believe it themselves.Now this brings me to say:You don't need Circle lenses to LOOK GOOD.But you do need them to look ulzzang.
  • gracelee_5508gracelee_5508 IndonesiaPosts: 662Member
    i think i need circle lenses. i have small eyes image