sugar.jpg

-Baking Soda-

baking_soda.jpg

-The thing to melt the sugar in (can be a metallic soup scooping thing too)-

tinyfryingpan.jpg

-Foil-

RW_SmallCore_RI.jpg

How to Make Bbopki

1) Add a desired amount of sugar to the small pan/scooping thing. Just don't have so much that when you stir the

sugar it over flows.

2) Place the foil sheet on a table.

3) Turn on your fire stove.

4) Place the pan/scooper above the flame to let the sugar heat up.

5) Stir the sugar with a wooden chopstick/stick/popsicle stick as the sugar begins the melt.

6) When you're positive that the sugar has completely melted into pure liquid(don't burn the sugar btw) get a pinch

of baking soda(a pinch = like smaller than your finger nail) and drop it in the sugar liquid.

7) Place the pan/scooper back on to the fire and stir the sugar liquid.

8) Stir as you see that the liquid starts to become the color of a caramel.

9) Take the pan/scooper off of flame and quickly pour the substance on the foil.

10) Now place the wooden stick inside the substance(bbopki).

11) Now you can either leave it like that or get another sheet of foil and place it on top of the blob to flatten it out.

12) Wait until the Bbopki has hardened enough so that you can remove it from the foil.

13) Enjoy the 99% sugar 1% baking soda candy known as Bbopki.

Result should look like this

untitled-2.jpg

I made my real quick to give you guys an image of what it should look like.

The color is about right, maybe a little lighter, since I put a little too much baking soda.

061211_gbread01.jpg

This is Pro.

Experience makes perfect.

Enjoy them Bbopki.

Also it sort of tastes like Marshmellow/Burned Marshmellow.

Smells like burned sugar. Not everyone likes it, but Koreans usually ALWAYS loves em.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest c00lasfcukk

OMG, thank you for this recipe! lol i was thinking about making this yesterday! the last time i did i ended up burning the entire thing -________-

thank you!

Oh wow, it sounds really nice (well, if it tastes like marshmallow anyway. lol) - might try making this on the weekend as well. =)

Guest Kristy Thomas

I love this stuff!! The kind I used to eat was clear though, I thought this was more like "yeoht?"

Guest trancE

I love this stuff!! The kind I used to eat was clear though, I thought this was more like "yeoht?"

to me yeoht tastes so much different, but they do look very similar

Guest vip_gd

hey! this came out on family outing. i was wondering what the thing was!! i'm gonna try it now! thanks!

me too. i was like .. why is she cooking sugar?

it looks interesting to make but requires skillz

would never try it

my mom would whoop my richard simmons for ruining 'her pans'

Guest midorihoshi

I used to make that with my uncle all the time when I was younger.

We'd just put sugar on a spoon and put it over an open flame.

My mom would get mad because we'd ruin all her spoons... =__=

Guest ginger

AHHHHHHHHH I love this and never knew what it was called. My korean friends always told me, but I forgot immediately. I buy this on the street when I'm shopping---2/1,000 won. They usually have a shape lightly etched into the middle and if you can break the cookie around it, keeping the center picture intact, they give you another free one!

-ginger

Guest YeonCouture

ohhh it comes out like that with regular sugar too?

my dad and i always used brown sugar to get that caramaliness :P

Guest tinipinki

thanks for posting this! I've always wanted to try it so I just made it right now. I think I did something wrong though cuz mine tasted very bitter like the outside of a burned marshmallow. So I tried it again the second time with less baking soda like literally one grain of baking soda and I think it tasted better ^^ or maybe it's an acquired taste :D

Archived