Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Harder To Gain Weight Than To Lose Weight!

Yuki75Yuki75 OntarioPosts: 173Member
Food Energy: Wiki

Energy intake to the body that is not used up is mostly stored as fat in the fat tissue. Consider the following theoretical calculation.

* Fat contains about 3,500 kilocalories per pound (32 kJ/g).[9]
o If you eat 3,500 kcal more than your body needs, you will put on 0.3 pounds (0.14 kg) of fat (assuming 30% digestion efficiency, or less depending on food conversion inefficiency not included in the "body needs" category).
o If you burn 3,500 kcal more than you eat, you lose about 1 pound (0.45 kg) of fat, assuming that only fat is burnt (this is close to 100% since even the waste heat counts toward the 3,500 kcal). However, energy sources can come from catabolism of protein (muscles), and fat may be preferentially saved. The use of different body materials as available must be considered.

Because the body must expend energy to create fat, the amount of energy a person has to expend to lose weight is much smaller than the amount they have to consume in order to gain weight. However, the body may increase its basal metabolic rate to preferentially "burn off" new calories or decrease it to conserve energy to balance out increased activity. Thus, actual weight changes vary between individuals. Also, the computations above assume that all the weight gained and lost is in the form of fat. In reality, this is a mixture of protein, carbohydrates, etc. (in muscle tissue, organs, etc.).

Replies

• Layla111Layla111 UKPosts: 161Member
    hahaha tell that to anyone who's trying to lose weight, they'd totally shoot u down image image
  • traitaoxanhtraitaoxanh Posts: 221Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2009
    To me, it's harder to lose weight than to gain weight!!!!!

sorri...edited....typin' mistake!!!!!...LOL....
    No matter where life takes me, no matter the distance, no matter the length of time, no matter the obstacles – I will always come back to you. Even if I, myself, am not sure if I will come back – in the end I will always comeback. They come back even if they feel they shouldn't, they come back even if the world tries to stop them, they come back because they ultimately know where they belong... and who they belong to. - WTTW

Most men never see past the smell of a woman’s enthralling perfume and her fake smile. Most men are: “what you see is what you get.” The truth is, when it comes to a woman: “What you don’t see, is really what you’re going to get – later on.”
    - CBU
  • prisonerzeroprisonerzero North Carolina, USA.Posts: 4,512Member
    It's harder to lose weight than lose weight, what? lol image
    makeup tutorials || tumblr || makeup blog || shop
    sincerely, rikki.
  • AnthonyKkoKkoAnthonyKkoKko Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,991Member

IDOL

LOL...

i should tell my mom this XD

i think it's true.
    and anyways, when you eat, it's pleasure.
    but when you excercise, it's not.
    so i think it IS easier to lose weight
    than to gain weight,
    but it's just that nobody has the
    motivation to lose weight, while almost
    everybody loves to eat and gain
    weight, haha.

God bless~ image
    -Anthony
    Please kindly read the signature rules.
  • heeqeuriheeqeuri heok 말레이시아Posts: 345Member
    of course it's hard to gain weight if u eat healthy food in many quantities or if u have high metabolisme..
    trust me,if u're fat u want to cry to lose weight. =/

[especially if no one support u.]
    에~프~엑~스~~~
  • ` T O K Y O` T O K Y O TorontoPosts: 285Member
    If I tried a little,
    I can gain 5lb in less than 3 days.
    I'll lose 0lbs...

it's hard to not eat all the sweets and foods with lots of calories ya know T___T"
  • The Pink PandaThe Pink Panda The 21st century cure Neverwaking DreamPosts: 815Member
    ahh but it's much harder to burn off the calories once you've eaten it than it is to eat the food containing the calories image
  • suzic87suzic87 Blighty!Posts: 1,651Member
    For me it's easier to gain than lose as I can easily eat over 3,500 kcals on a binge session :x
  • Babylicious xo12Babylicious xo12 ...???? NOVAPosts: 2,650Member
    i agree in my case. if i skip a meal b/c i happen to be too busy or something..i drop down 1-2lbs. but i never go over much no matter how much i eat.
    Shop like-new clothing, beauty products, bags, hair accessories, jewelry, stationary & more.

&& they tagg me...image
  • CorrectionYourWrongImRightCorrectionYourWrongImRight Mr.Darcy, I Await you!!<3 Posts: 2,135Banned
    i dont know which planet you come from, but im moving there!
    I'm not the one lacking intelligence dear.
  • hisharihishari Posts: 1,779Member

IDOL

I can't seem to gain weight...so I'm stuck at 90 lbs image
    A lot of jeans don't fit cry cry
  • crackers&amp;amp;cheesecrackers&amp;cheese EarthPosts: 1,093Member
    edited March 2009
    Aha.. interesting.. I always thought it was the other way around; easier to gain than lose weight o_o
  • BayByOjaHBayByOjaH Olympia, WA Posts: 1,206Member
    lol~ I wish that really was true ><;;
    Arbonne Consultant // Inbox me for samples, every first order gets 35% off!
    Pure, safe, & beneficial~! I love ARBONNE! facebook/my shop/my requests

• MistahKKMistahKK khangaroo Posts: 407Member
    It's so true!
    I've been 110 pounds for the past FOREVER and I eat wayyy more than my friends.
    Being male, 110 pounds, and 5'9 height, it's not very healthy.

I finished a 15,000 calorie tub of weight gainer supplement, and gained only 1 pound from the whole thing. It's impossible!

• VOGUExVOGUEx Posts: 91Member

ROOKIE

eat when your not hungry and constantly and you'll gain weight!!

but i think its harder to LOSE weight than gain weight!
  • CorrectionYourWrongImRightCorrectionYourWrongImRight Mr.Darcy, I Await you!!<3 Posts: 2,135Banned
    QUOTE (MistahKK @ Mar 19 2009, 10:10 PM) »
    It's so true!

I finished a 15,000 calorie tub of weight gainer supplement, and gained only 1 pound from the whole thing. It's impossible!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo that sucks ! ahahahahah sill made me laugh tho image
    I'm not the one lacking intelligence dear.
  • ShadowMax76ShadowMax76 themurderedpacifist Posts: 3,060Member
    blah... [this was like..5yrs ago]
    it took me a week overseas to lose 5kg. [food poisoning]
    and it took me 2-5years to gain 5kg and maintain that. LOl. i wasn't trying though. but still.. even now. i can't get past 60. ==' i'm a lightweight~
  • JJ.biasedJJ.biased Loving Dbsk Posts: 2,286Member
    OMFG. I so agree~ I hate it when people go to me
    Oh my god. gain some weight
    like erh dude ==" i am trying but my weight just doesnt move! T^T
    but like if your fat turning normal weight.. i find it easier??
    yeh... Not sure what to put on here anymore
  • sapphirebluebabiisapphirebluebabii Aust. ;]]Posts: 369Member
    QUOTE (traitaoxanh @ Mar 20 2009, 02:14 AM) »
    To me, it's harder to lose weight than to lose weight!!!!!

yea.. uhm so why is it harder to lose weight than to lose weight? lol

anyways.. for me its harder to gain weight ! yess.. i`m that weird.

lol.

희철♥이특♥한경♥강인♥신동♥동해♥은혁♥기범♥시원♥려욱♥예성♥성민♥규현
    [ ]
  • vividifiedvividified Sydney, australiaPosts: 2,220Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE (MistahKK @ Mar 20 2009, 03:10 PM) »
    It's so true!

image i ate so many of those useless weight gainer and it done nothing!
    except made me tired