Your Favourite Kdrama Chaebol/arrogant/playboy Character?

Guest ripgal

Guest ripgal

They're rich and arrogant, but we love them <33
Okay, I decided to make this thread for fun...

It popped into my mind as I was watching this character Lee Min Soo in this KBS drama Hateful Once Again. (pretty hot guy :wub:) I realised that in all these years of watching Kdramas, there have been SO MANY rich guy/chaebol's son/player characters in them... so typical, what with them falling in love with poor girls and stuff. But wth, we still love em right? hehehe...

So just for fun... I would like to know..

Who is your favourite Kdrama Chaebol/Arrogant/Playboy character and why? :P

You can include pics and the names of the characters in case some of them don't ring a bell to us..

It can be either of them - either the guy's rich, arrogant or he's a player - but it's mostly a combo in Kdramas hehehe..

Mine goes to~~~

Seon Woo Wan of Capital Scandal

Character played by my beloved Kang Ji Hwan :wub:

255110696932eb9a8a55.jpg

Wannie (nic name for his character) is a combo of everything... he is filthy rich, arrogant, self-centered, and what more - he's a player. A man that girls would fall deep and hard for, and a man that girls should stay away from. (why? cos he breaks ppl's hearts that's why). I have come across many many similar characters.. but let's just say that Kang Ji Hwan has/had this amazing charm which made me fall heads over heels for him. Loved his convincing portrayal of the rich player - loved how the character transformed from his old ways, turned into a new leaf - but still managed to maintain the youthfulness and playfulness within himself. It's pretty much the same with every other similar character out there...but Kang Ji Hwan just raised the bar for me. He was brilliant. Hence my love for KJH right now....XD

---

So what about you guys, who are your favourites?

You can name more than one of course.. ^^

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Azura

ripgal...thanks for setting up this thread.

My latest crush will be Goo JunPyo of Boys Over Flower played by Lee MinHo

He's filthy rich, arrogant and childish at times...

200903190809050122.jpg

Guest doremii*

Wonbin in Autumn Tale!!<3 his character was pretty typical though (major playboy in the beginning.. meets girl.. changes because of girl blah blah), but I ended up watching that drama mainly because of him :lol:

So just for fun... I would like to know..

Who is your favourite Kdrama Chaebol/Arrogant/Playboy character and why? :P

You can include pics and the names of the characters in case some of them don't ring a bell to us..

It can be either of them - either the guy's rich, arrogant or he's a player - but it's mostly a combo in Kdramas hehehe..

title07.jpg

title71.jpg

Whether it's yesterday, a year, 8 years, 20 years or more along the way.. it's hands down.. Lee Min Chul, exquisitely & most impressively played by actor Lee Byung Hun in Beautiful Days, in 2001.

He became the character so well, so strong.. flawed yet so compelling.. turning an unfavourable mediocre script into an unforgettable classic. Those who have seen BD would know.

-----

Btw.. the link of this thread have been added to the Directory under the General Discussion section. Hope members creating new thread(s) will be able to highlight their threads at the Directory for listing so that there won't be duplication and especially for easier reference to others. Thanks.

Pinned: Official Threads Directory

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=318

Guest hye091

My favourite would be Jung Jae Min, played by Jo In Sung in What Happened In Bali.

Initially, he was very arrogant and rude towards Soo Jung, playe by Ha Ji Won.

His character was very cute and truthful, which draws much attention. ;)

Guest babymarzy07

wow this is really hard for me.. hmmm.. i loveeeee wannie in capital scandal hands down.. kang ji hwan just plays him awesome. the charisma. the suave player.. the youthful person.. wannie has awesome personality too. this really showed me the different side of KJH. :wub: :wub:

hmmm.. wow.. tae suk of autumn fairy tale is a classic for me.. :wub:

and of course, i'd hafta put my boys yijeong (kimbum) and prince song woobin (kim joon)... two those are smooth playas.

hence they may not be the richest of well known f4. but heck. i love them. their swagger, those looks can kill. B):wub:

hahha dont kill me these are more than one. but they are my favorites :sweatingbullets:

Jo, Seonwoo Wan was such a goofball. He was the best!!

My favourite chaebol arrogant character goes to:

Jung Joon Ho in Last Scandal. This drama's becoming bittersweet as Choi Jin Shil's last project, but this drama was such a huge fun. Song Jae Bin was nearing 40 in the drama, but heck, he acts like he would never leave 5th grade, lol. I loved that.

scandal14-080-1.jpg

Guest arinkorin

My favourite would be Jung Jae Min, played by Jo In Sung in What Happened In Bali.

Initially, he was very arrogant and rude towards Soo Jung, playe by Ha Ji Won.

His character was very cute and truthful, which draws much attention. ;)

I would have to agree on this one.

Seriously, he was very adorable and cute trying to hide his ego towards Soo Jung (Ha Ji Won).

But then, his life is sad =(

Guest -xuxu-

i really always love the bad one in all the drama ^^

they're more interesting and turn me on in a way lol tat sounds weird but yeah

mine would be WonBin in autume tale heart..[forgot the english name]

but yeah I was soo mad too lol

Guest xxxxxxx

I have to say Goo Jun Pyo played by Lee Min Ho. His character is so cute because he's arrogant but childish. He makes me laugh when he's mischievous , too happy, or when he screws up a line. I also liked it how he changed for her ^___^

Guest shred

jun pyo (lee min ho - boys before flowers)

he made pama hot.

lee min chul (lee byung hun - beautiful days)

the hair color may be fug at first sight but maaaaaan the way he stares is meltworthy. good kisser too!

2. Min Chul from Beautiful Days- I don't care if y'all find Lee Byung Hun's old "Meet Joe Black" hair cheesetastic, I do not care! Y'all gotta know Min Chul.

ROFL.

won bin - autumn tale

i couldn't forgive song hye gyo for ditching him over SSH.

junki - my girl

i thought he deserved the girl better :)

i'll be back. still thinking of other dramas i've watched :sweatingbullets:

dang, how could i forget jang dong gun - all about eve *wipes drool*

Guest imogene_af

Jo- hun, you know it's BACHELOR BAEK in East of Eden is where it's AT!

juuust playin.

So that type of character is what I am a sucker for. It's disgusting how much I eat up the princely, arrogant chaebol falling for a simple girl storyline--- but hell. yes. please.

But only three men distinctly stand out. Tried and tested by the waves of time for me. Though, really some of them are not really players per se, but they fit the chaebol mold so perfectly.

1. Tae Suk from Autumn Fairy Tale - My first love, I remember how my fifteen year old hormones went on a frenzy as soon as Won Bin walked in to the scene with his reckless and cunning arrogance. Wearing all black, barefoot, a naughty smile, boyish good looks, raspy voice, and his hair drenched --- my GOD. THUD. Yet underneath all his braggadocio is a young man who seeked to love and be loved. Won Bin effortlessly played the longing that was steadfast in his character. He was no prince charming --- An unwanted son, a rebel, a scorned boyfriend, and even a villain at times.

The most touching aspect of this drama is not the weepy sick leukemia story line but how this character evolved. Tae Suk was the character who TRULY loved in Autumn Tale ... and that is WITHOUT CONDITION. A man who used to only care about himself found true happiness. How? By seeing the woman he loves run away, far away--- not with him, but to that man she really loved. And all he could do is tear up and smile. His heart longed for her to be happy, even if it was not by his side.

The chaebol image that we have engraved in our heads was done to the perfect tee by Won Bin... all that and then some.

s1khgg.jpg

2. Min Chul from Beautiful Days- I don't care if y'all find Lee Byung Hun's old "Meet Joe Black" hair cheesetastic, I do not care! Y'all gotta know Min Chul. He is dangerous treading around the corner, filled with intensity and brimming in pain. He may not have the boyish spark or he may not be your traditionally handsome hero but his sex appeal lures you, his presence lingers, his angst sticks, and he is like this magnet that pulls you in. What Lee Byung Hun did is turn a seemingly rehashed chaebol character (you know, badboy!cold!lonely!withaheart!) into something more complex, sometimes erratic and sometimes romantic--- just like his kisses--- A brilliant mix. The love story this time is entirely secondary, Min Chul HIMSELF is THE enigma. He makes all 'em other chaebols look like pre-school romance, Min Chul is a maaaaan.

ix7f5x.jpg

3. Hyung Chul from All About Eve- If you want to talk about K-drama princes, knight in shining armor--- it's him. BAR. NONE. I don't care what some princely chaebol sacrificed in some other drama or how much tears he cried... Hyung Chul is the real prince. Jang Dong Gun's Hyung Chul was Carey Grant to the 50s. Swoon-worthy, suave, and handsome---and gives your heart the right flutter.

He's sensitive, a bit insecure, understanding, funny, a bit sarcastic, and intelligent. Most of all madly in love. The guy who can sweep you off your feet... yet he manages to tell this story so realistically. As if you will believe that there is a guy out there like him. There was something so relateable about Jang Dong Gun in this role, he did not come off overbearing, he played this chaebol with such simplicity, with just one chuckle or controlled tearful embrace, you already could feel it, like his emotions are striking at your heart. All this with just the most everyday moments in the drama.

The most brilliant of scenes for him are the moments when he shared beer with Sun Mi (Chae Rim) in Europe. How his eyes lit up as he is slowly falling for her character for the first time. Or when his eyes shifted from a silly crinkle to one filled with sadness as he watched Sun Mi shout out to the air how much she has loved another man (well it sure helps they have such awesome chemistry for me to feel these scenes).

But Hyung Chul... simple, straightforward, prince charming---and somehow, it seemed so real.

jadkxd.jpg

Runners up:

- Seol Gong Chan by Lee Dong Wook in MY GIRL

- Seo Jeong Woo by Lee Jun Ki in MY GIRL

- Goo Jun Pyo by Lee Min Ho in BOYS BEFORE FLOWERS because he's hot

- Choi Han Kyul by Gong Yoo

I'm madly in love with Lee Min Ho right now but my vote goes to HyunBin in My Name is Kim Sam Soon.

He's arrogant but not the typical 'I'm rich, high and mighty, I'll buy the whole world if I can'.

I don't really know how to explain his character, it's like instead of playing off this bad boy act, his character was adorable and charming and he's not afraid to show off soft sweet side.

bino.jpg

Guest jhayanne_agassi

my favorite would be JO IN SUNG's character in What happenedin Bali, Jung Jae Min

he is rich, arrogant,certified playboy that he thought everything in this world can be bought by money including LOVE...he is so childish and so rude to soo jung(ha ji won) and also so sweet :blush:

Guest ripgal

Jo- hun, you know it's BACHELOR BAEK in East of Eden is where it's AT!

juuust playin.

So that type of character is what I am a sucker for. It's disgusting how much I eat up the princely, arrogant chaebol falling for a simple girl storyline--- but hell. yes. please.

HAHAHAHA..:lol:

Hear you hear you... Bachelor Baek better come out to defend his place!

We're just sucker for these type of guys eh? They're all the same (at least on the surface), but it's interesting how these characters actually managed to carve out personalities of their own, entirely distinctive on their own in their respective dramas.

I actually wanted to add more to my list..but decided to just keep one - knowing that my list will end up taking up too much space..:lol:

---

And darn I love that Lee Byung Hun pic of yours! He looks so smexy and suave..

Now all I want is IRIS to air earlier, but it's so impossible...urrhhhh....

• 5 months later...
Guest TaroTard

Mine is Hwang Dong Gyu from 'Hello! Miss' he was SUCH a lovable character he got some real bad treatment unknowingly from his cousin in that series, such a shame cos he's such a sweet, lovely, GORGEOUS guy haha, glad things worked out for him in the end =D

I also like Dong Chan from My Girl and Wannie from Capital Scandal =DDD

Archived