Are Guys Intimidated By Really Pretty Girls?

Guest sweet lil j

Guest sweet lil j

sometimes I feel like guys (like my guy friends) don't try to get with pretty girls and settle for the less good looking girls,,,,

I'm starting to think it's because they're afraid of rejection and only get with girls that they know they can get...... huh?

I don't now. It kind of made sense because I was talking to this guy and he told me that he would never go out with a girl that was taller, smarter, successful than him because of his pride. It made it wonder if looks also fell into that category.

Do you guys sometimes feel intimidated by pretty good looking girls?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rawr;..;

Sometimes.

If their personality is good then its just magical. But I hate "pretty" girls with an attitude and stuff.

Guest Jentage

Okay so I'm like in Chinatown [NYC] and there are lots of pretty girls here [majority of them Asian] and also cute ones too.

I am not intimidated by the cute looking girls as they seem to be very sociable and somewhat flirty -- AND are not afraid to make eye contact with you when you look/stare at them :D

However, the really pretty/hot/sexy girls seem to have this attitude/vibe [from where I'm from] that distinguishes them from the rest of the crowd and puts them on top of the pyramid if you so call it that. The pretty/hot/sexy girls are usually surrounded by other pretty/hot/sexy girls and hypebeasts... or "wannabe" players? Sorry if this offends anyone-- but this is my POV .

And almost always--- one of the hypebeasts is her boyfriend..

So that kinda makes it intimidating..

So to grab a hot girl's attention, you need to dress very well since that is what will capture their attention first. Appearance is a must!

Hot girls usually have very high standards since they know they are hot/pretty themselves so they will want a hot/muscular guy beside them.

The less good looking girls will I suppose settle with a less good looking guy but with a great charm and personality ?

Guest c0lap1nada

I'm a girl, but I've noticed that too.

Ugly + Ugly = together.

Pretty girls stay single or with a hot guy.

Very rarely do I see hot guys + ugly girls together. The opposite is more common, though.

Guest Jentage

So ..

Ugly/okay looking guy + Ugly/okay looking girl = yes

Ugly/okay looking guy + Pretty girl = somewhat common due to guy's personality?

Hot guy + ugly girl = no

Hot guy + pretty girl = yes

Pretty girl + No guy = yes

Is this accurate?

Guest littlejade

No, i dnt think so. I've seen alot of pretty girl's at my college, and they always get alot of attention from almost everyone. Like the really really pretty girl's. But they were also confident girl's. Not just a pretty face.

But i understand there could be shy guy's out there who get's intimidated. You can tell, if his face blush.

Guest pochacco

Depends on the girl's personality, atittude and demeanor.. if she looks down-to-earth enough that I could have a chance then I'd totally go for it. But if they're too stuck up, I'd look for other options.

Guest the sweetest prince

No, we're no different than you regular ugly people. How sexy can you look pooping.

Guest kireisnowtenshi

No they arent.

They are attracted to those girls but never wanna approach them. So they dont.

hmmm maybe it just depends on what you like...sometimes I see couples that should just seem like they...should never be lol?!

But...it works out.

Guest ShadowMax76

if you're a guy, you don't approach a girl you think

1. has a boyfriend already

2. looks like she's been with all the boys [...unless you're up for that stuff. lol]

3. would just shut you down when you utter one syllable. [i guess that's intimidation+insecurity]

_ some of us look for those who look like ourselves [w/e our self-image is],

others are just hooked on the beauties [and stalk them.lol] _ and perhaps chat them up, if they're good enough they win _ hence, the fat guy and hot chick combo that makes us all "wow.." or "HOWWWW???!!"

then there's those hot guys who have a low self-image that go for 'ugly chicks' ... but that's a lil impossible. . _ unless he's surrounded by great looking gals that have horrid personalities. >.>' then he's forced to dig. -sighs-

Guest uh-ohxev

My boy bestfriend, told me he was always intimidated by me once he moved, so he could never ask me out because of it. :tears:

That honestly broke my heart into 100 pieces... it hurts, cause I liked him too... but he moved, so it was too late. :tears: Go for it... nothing to lose.

Guest 小甜密

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

If you're into a girl, just freakin' approach her.

She's a human being, not goddess.

PS. Have any of you watched The Pickup Artist?

Guest plegend2007

Why not?

The worse thing she could say is NO.

I know a lot of hot pretty girls with average looking guys.

Hot girls like confident men!!!

Guest Flicksityy

Hot girls aren't the Queen of England, and I'm sure they would love the attention when approached by.

However, I understand where this is getting to.

Guest Jentage

Hot girls aren't the Queen of England, and I'm sure they would love the attention when approached by.

However, I understand where this is getting to.

Well although I do agree with you Felicity, uhmm the sad part is we are afraid of getting rejected. And I understand that "guys" are supposed to have the guts to accept the rejection and move on, but ya the rejections hurts :unsure:

Any advice for that?

Guest Kraka

Well, speaking purely on personal experience, I don't really get intimidated by pretty girls. They attract me more to approach them more than anything else. The only real problem then lies on how they are projecting their personality. If they are really talkative; that's even better. Then they come up with the topics and I add my stupid comments and jokes. If they aren't talkative, then I probably won't have long convo's with them; only to say hi when I see them around. =\

Archived