Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

What To Do For 3 Year Anniversary?

MC MuffinMC Muffin Bay Area, CAPosts: 443Member
edited March 2009 in the real world (20+ ONLY)
Not sure if you'd call it an anniversary, but yea haha.

I've been with the same girl for 3 years this friday. For some reason, I'm drawing blanks this year on what to do (I'm usually creative, but with school and everything going on, it's hard to think straight and come up with good ideas). I'm trying to run with the numbers 3 and/or 36 (years/months), but I'm not coming up with anything good.

What have you guys done in the past?

Thanks!
2005 Phantom Black Metallic GTO 6MT (1 of 124)
1997 Frost White Integra GSR 5MT (DD)

Replies

• jerseycityjerseycity tybalt Posts: 55Member
    QUOTE (MC Muffin @ Mar 4 2009, 08:26 PM) »

I've been with the same girl for 3 years this friday. For some reason, I'm drawing blanks this year on what to do (I'm usually creative, but with school and everything going on, it's hard to think straight and come up with good ideas). I'm trying to run with the numbers 3 and/or 36 (years/months), but I'm not coming up with anything good.

Thanks!

you gotta do you man. i don't think you would want your girl to find out that you went on soompi forums to get anniversary ideas. sometimes ideas will just come to you when you least expect it. g'luck
  • lananhcali18lananhcali18 OCPosts: 1,367Member
    Get her a yorkie or maltese. I think it's cute.
    "You're placed in my heart, just like my tattoo."
    MY 411

• PogichinoyPogichinoy I ♥ SydneyPosts: 7,272Member

IDOL

3 years is big, infact every year is big, and every month in the first year of dating is big, at least for me. image

To make the experience more memorable and meaningful, it is best that you do something that comes from you, not from anyone else. image
    My blog My 411 I love all things strawberry
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,598Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

QUOTE (MC Muffin @ Mar 4 2009, 05:26 PM) »
    I'm trying to run with the numbers 3 and/or 36 (years/months), but I'm not coming up with anything good.

How about renewing the warranty on her car?

• Kenji86Kenji86 Posts: 52Member
    QUOTE (MC Muffin @ Mar 4 2009, 05:26 PM) »

Thanks!

it doesnt have to just be related to 3 or 36 months. do her a scrapbook! its creative, unless she's totally not into memories/those sort of things... otherwise it might be a great idea. get creative, put yourself in the mind of a happy go lucky girl, and cut n paste and stick and build a prettyyyyyyyy page for her haha. and then add some writing in relating tot hat picture or whatever it is on that page so that when she reads it she can be reminded of that day /picture's memory.
  • lendalenda New OrleansPosts: 402Member
    QUOTE (jerseycity @ Mar 4 2009, 08:06 PM) »
    you gotta do you man. i don't think you would want your girl to find out that you went on soompi forums to get anniversary ideas. sometimes ideas will just come to you when you least expect it. g'luck

Aww.. it's okay for him to get advice online... (: I think you should make dinner on Friday. Well, that's what I would want. My bf doesn't do anything special for me. I'm the one that sets up a reservation to eat out somewhere. :/ But he does give me roses. Last year was our 2nd anniversary and he gave me 2 roses to represent how long we've been dating. Maybe this year he'll give me 3. Oh, he better!
    QUOTE (lenda @ Mar 4 2009, 07:21 PM) »
    Aww.. it's okay for him to get advice online... (: I think you should make dinner on Friday. Well, that's what I would want. My bf doesn't do anything special for me. I'm the one that sets up a reservation to eat out somewhere. :/ But he does give me roses. Last year was our 2nd anniversary and he gave me 2 roses to represent how long we've been dating. Maybe this year he'll give me 3. Oh, he better!

http://www.loveletterbox.com/meaning_of_roses.htm

2 Roses :Mutual love between both, deeply in love with one another

3 Roses :I love you

see it gets better this year image
  • lendalenda New OrleansPosts: 402Member
    edited March 2009
    QUOTE (Kenji86 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:20 PM) »
    it doesnt have to just be related to 3 or 36 months. do her a scrapbook! its creative, unless she's totally not into memories/those sort of things... otherwise it might be a great idea. get creative, put yourself in the mind of a happy go lucky girl, and cut n paste and stick and build a prettyyyyyyyy page for her haha. and then add some writing in relating tot hat picture or whatever it is on that page so that when she reads it she can be reminded of that day /picture's memory.

Actually, that is such a great idea. I would like that. Totally creative, special, and personal for you guys. (:

QUOTE (Kenji86 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:35 PM) »
    http://www.loveletterbox.com/meaning_of_roses.htm

2 Roses :Mutual love between both, deeply in love with one another

3 Roses :I love you

see it gets better this year image

Hahah.. aww.. like I'm sure he put much thought into a rose. Well if he gives me any roses this year, it will be special to me no matter what, b/c he didnt get me anything for Valentines! (He gave me a box of chocolate a week later and told me b/c it was on sale!) LOL
  • MC MuffinMC Muffin Bay Area, CAPosts: 443Member
    edited March 2009
    QUOTE (HERMIT @ Mar 4 2009, 07:15 PM) »
    How about renewing the warranty on her car?

I was actually thinking of tinting her car (because I think she wants this more than ANYTHING now), but that's more of a bday/christmas gift... Unless I can go to her house early in the morning, grab her keys, get it tinted, and as we walk out to her car to go out to eat, tell her "Sorry I didn't really get you anything this year". image

This is my back up plan, but I've got to decide tonight, otherwise the tinting place near my house will be booked.

And yea, I know I shouldn't rely on Soompi, I never have for this kind of thing, but I've really been busy with other things and kept putting off "thinking about what to do" lol.

*edit: that collage thing is interesting, I think it's a bit childish PERSONALLY, but it's not about me. I think she might like something like that. Problem is she has all the pictures of us.
    2005 Phantom Black Metallic GTO 6MT (1 of 124)
    1997 Frost White Integra GSR 5MT (DD)
  • ProtProt 5354 NYCPosts: 666Member

IDOL

edited March 2009
    Ultimately the best idea is gonna come from yourself based on your knowledge of her as a person and your intimacy with her, inside jokes, etc. Try to be personal, rather than getting something that you can buy in a store. Cause really, it isn't like she can't just go and buy it herself.
  • supaflipsupaflip Posts: 132Member
    edited March 2009
    pick a blank card and write a poem bout being together for 3 years. and end it with something like this, "3 years and the 3 words that gives me joy, HER NAME, I LOVE YOU"" haha corny huh.
  • pochaccopochacco I am a guy... bay areaPosts: 598Member
    Order a pizza and have them arrange the pepperoni in a number '3'. She'll love it.
    clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick
    clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick
    click
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,598Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

QUOTE (pochacco @ Mar 5 2009, 02:03 AM) »
    Order a pizza and have them arrange the pepperoni in a number '3'. She'll love it.

Or how about order 3 pepperoni pizzas, I know that I'd be floored by that gesture.
    But that's just only me.

• MeenuhMeenuh Rageaholic Supernerd. City of AngelsPosts: 5,724Member
    Well, 3 years is a long time. Why not get her a ring and pop the question? Hahah. Jk. image

Go on a trip! Or take her to places where you guys have good memories or something. I think 3 years or any years should be spent reminiscing and reminding eachother how much you love eachother. I don't mean saying I love you every single second but really making her feel you love her.
    Some say i'm a genius, others say i'm crazy
    but they all say i'm a little on the weird side
    yeah what someone said about you knowing her personally, and the extent to her inside jokes, personality does play bearing. THe scrapbook idea is just base don a general idea/picture of girls, and most who are attached who would be image to see all your memories creatively scrapbooked onto a page. Its more breathtaking because of the creativity and the lack of social norm to see a "guy" do something like this.. cause face it how many guys scrapbook normally? Not many.. not that I see anything wrong with it.

But yeah I agree 3 years seems like ages. I would love to have hit that figure with my gf... she's my first and we're already running bumpy roads with our first yr coming up... so yeah 3 yrs is a long time. Its not a gift/idea, but just advice... to always cherish and never take her for granted... 3 years is a long time.. some of us struggling to make it there are so envious you have no idea =)

that said if we do end up surviving 3 yrs as well despite our current turmoil, I'll tint her car just like you... haha jk image although only you know your gf the best and if tinting gets the job done yeah sure.. but for my understandign of most girly girls i didnt think tinting was too personalised or romantic etc tbh? just my 5 cents. Just make sure you do somethign that shows effort, thought, or best still caters to what you know abotu her because it reinforces that you pay attention to her.
  • missxmoodymissxmoody MassachusettsPosts: 318Friend of Soompi
    edited March 2009
    QUOTE (supaflip @ Mar 5 2009, 04:50 AM) »
    pick a blank card and write a poem bout being together for 3 years. and end it with something like this, "3 years and the 3 words that gives me joy, HER NAME, I LOVE YOU"" haha corny huh.

haha.. i actually like that. too bad i'm only at one year right now... maybe in two more years, hopefully my relationship will last that long.

longest relationship i've ever been in is 2 1/2 years.
  • supaflipsupaflip Posts: 132Member
    QUOTE (missxmoody @ Mar 5 2009, 09:15 AM) »
    haha.. i actually like that.

glad you like it.

writing a poem always works and it's heart melting image
  • XarthanXarthan 4 8 15 16 23 42 Posts: 1,810Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (supaflip @ Mar 6 2009, 01:47 AM) »
    glad you like it.

writing a poem always works and it's heart melting image

Here's a good one

"You rock my world, now let me rock yours..."