Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Computer Screen Is Very Blurry, Help!

its annits ann waaaaah?Oakland,CaPosts: 808Member
HP w1907 LCD Monitor
My computer screen has become very blurry, i don't know what happen, i tried the factory reset and stuff but it doesn't work. Can someone help? It's to the point where it's so blurry and it hurts to even stare at the screen. I have a HP w1907 Wide LCD Monitor. HELP?

Comments

• awdarkawdark Cookie Monster Southern CaliforniaPosts: 8,921Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited February 2009
    Is the resolution set correctly for the screen? Usually you need to set the resolution on max or 1440 x 900 (according to the specs for your screen on amazon) for it to look good.
  • its annits ann waaaaah? Oakland,CaPosts: 808Member
    edited February 2009
    yeah it is, like when we stare into the screen the fonts will have shadows and its very blurry. Haha hard to explain. It is set to that resolution number thing, here's a snapshot of it.

edit better snap shot
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,217Member

SUPERSTAR

Fonts? You seem to use Vista from the screenshot...
    So...

How about... Right-click your desktop and go to "Personalize".
    Click on "Window Color and Appearance".
    Then click on "Open classic appearance blah blah...".
    Click the "Effects" button.
    Is it "ClearType"? Put it to Standard. Then Ok, Apply, Ok...
    How is it?
    Quebecker image Style
    Thanks it helped a little but it's still there. It's like there is a shadow after the letter or number that is typed. thanks so much it helped a little.

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2009
    I'm terribly sorry I can't think of any other possible solutions.
    I'm sure it can't be your DPI settings. <--- When you right-click and go to "Personalization", on the left, you see "Adjust font size (DPI)" so you can adjust the scale of your fonts (in "Custom DPI").
    I don't know what's in your computer either, and what's installed.
    From your screenshot, it's hard for me to know... haha.
    Some people would change the font of their Vista to "Tahoma" (XP's font) and the "blurryness" is gone but not all fonts can be changed unfortunately.

It may probably be your monitor... You may have to adjust some of its settings. Do you have a laptop or another computer where you can plug that monitor to see if it also happens on other computers?

Also, some monitors would require you to move its DVI wire in a way (adjusting it) so that it could show a clear image. Pretty ridiculous, I know... image It happened to many LCD screens. Gotta put the DVI wire (the side plugged in your monitor) in less than 90 degree to show a clear image. Otherwise, it's either blank/black/blur/green/red/etc. In other words, gotta change the DVI wire of your LCD screen. You can buy it somewhere in computer or electronic stores. But I can't be over 90% sure if it's the cause of your display. But it's a common problem though. DVI.
    Your screenshot seems fine to me, minus the "ClearType" effect. So the other part of blurryness you're seeing is probably caused by something from your monitor, and I'd say, your DVI wire. A lot of computer experts would say that it may be your graphic card, motherboard or whatver, but... I'd blame your DVI wire over every thing first since it's a common problem I've seen after touching over 1 000 computers in my life... image and it's way cheaper than getting another graphic card, motherboard and any other pricey components.
    Quebecker image Style
    ^ Thanks for helping! lol I tried playing with the plug in the back, i think that's the problem. It became less blurry but every time the screen is moved it comes back. thanks!

SUPERSTAR

Haha... I knew it... Yep, that plug you're playing with is called DVI cable... So if you think about buying a new one, you know where... image They're not that hard to find.
    *I called it DVI wire in my last post mMMm I must have been sleepy hahaha... Anyway I'm mainly a french speaking person so sometimes when I try to say some computer components in english, I may choke... image
    Hopefully you understood what I meant... image

But yeah, you just have to find a way to place that plug in a way that it's showing a clear image. Like I said, it sounds ridiculous when I talk about it, and it sounds unprofessional image But that's the truth... I've been dealing with that everywhere hahaha... You know, from my experiences, there's over 200 LCD screens I've been putting scotch tape on their plugs (in a way that it's showing clearer image) because I don't wanna change the plugs... image

Moving the screen just a little bit is enough to cause the problem when the DVI cable has become sensible... So you have the choice, do the ghetto way (scotch tape or even without it hahaha) or getting a new plug (DVI)...

I'm glad to have helped you out. image
    Quebecker image Style