Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is There A Way To Make My Face Look Less Pale?

LilaaaLilaaa Mrs. JunPyoBAWSTONNN, MAPosts: 1,560Member
In PICTURES.
For some reason, whenever I take pictures with friends or by myself, whatever the case... my face turns out looking mad pale!! No matter whether I'm wearing a really noticeable/pigmented blush, it just never shows up in my pictures "/. It's weird.. anyone have any suggestions on how I can make my face look less pale in my pictures? I'm sick of looking like I'm sick in pictures, lol.

EX. Some pictures taken Friday night.
Yes, I was wearing blush in those pictures, yet you can't even see it image
And they're NARS blushes too...

Any suggestions would be great, thanks guys.

Replies

• ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,304Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2009
    you look normal to me. typical asian skin tone image

only way is by not taking pics with flash

• LilaaaLilaaa Mrs. JunPyo BAWSTONNN, MAPosts: 1,560Member
    QUOTE (~ BunnyliciouS ~ @ Feb 1 2009, 05:57 PM) »
    you look normal to me. typical asian skin tone image

only way is by not taking pics with flash

Yeah, but is there a way I can take pictures but my blush still show up? Cause I see a lot of girls take pics with flash but you can still see their blush color =/
  • chewy130chewy130 Posts: 612Banned
    edited February 2009
    wtf r u kidding me? u got the perfect skin tone

anyways get a tan if u feel that way. or remove the flash from the camera

or stop taking pics next 2 dark people..
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,378Member

IDOL

did you use flash? because flash drowns out alot of colors. it is also depends on the type of camera you use because some cameras are horrible at capturing real life colors into a picture.

i am not sure if you can make your skin look darker in pictures without wearing more makeup if that is what you really want. its like performers/models who wear layers and layers of makeup because the stage lights drown out their face and make it look pale.

maybe you can try bronzer. i actually see your blush. it blends in very well. i see it very clearly in the first picture. i dont think you look very pale in your pictures. you certainly do not look sick.
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,304Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2009
    yeah, by putting more makeup

i used to have studio pics taken. I had to put very thick makeup.
    If I wore my daily-version kind of makeup, i looked like I didn't wear any in the pictures.

• l3lol3lo away from youPosts: 1,292Member
    i agree you look normal. like a normal asian girl should look image. i would of thought that you would ask to look paler but was surprised you asked to look less pale. i mean the only obvious way to not look pale-though you don't, is to just hang out in the sun all summer and there goes your end result.
    "Perhaps we haven't become big rockstars because of this. But that doesn't interest us.
    We're coming from the underground, we're not mainstream.
    We do what we wanna do.
    If that's only possible in the underground then we'd like the underground to be our home. It's good like that."
    -Kaoru
  • BL!NGBL!NG above the earth, below the sky!Posts: 454Member
    come on! you look just fine.. actually beautiful and there's nothing wrong with your skin tone!
    if it's about the blush.. next time try to put on a thicker layer of blush on your cheeks coz yeah.. they fade away after a while... that's what I do..
    and if it really fades away after that while I'm out.. I use my lip stick as a blush.. put on alittle here and there then rub them to distribute it .. it works better than blushes and stay for a longer time.. (ofcourse you can't use a glossy lip stick... actually I have a pink lip stick for times like this.. just for my cheeks believe it or not ... but they stay there for a longer time!)... or hmmm... use a bronze blush....
    and if u have non of those.. pinch your cheeks they will turn out pink! lol seriously..
    and yeah.. don't use flash when taking pics...

hope that was useful image
    QUOTE (chewy130 @ Feb 1 2009, 06:00 PM) »
    wtf r u kidding me? u got the perfect skin tone

anyways get a tan if u feel that way. or remove the flash from the camera

or stop taking pics next 2 dark people..

I don't necessarily want a tan per say, just a "healthy glow" to my skin, y'know? image I still feel like I look pale.

QUOTE (duh123 @ Feb 1 2009, 06:01 PM) »
    did you use flash? because flash drowns out alot of colors. it is also depends on the type of camera you use because some cameras are horrible at capturing real life colors into a picture.

i am not sure if you can make your skin look darker in pictures without wearing more makeup if that is what you really want. its like performers/models who wear layers and layers of makeup because the stage lights drown out their face and make it look pale.

maybe you can try bronzer. i actually see your blush. it blends in very well. i see it very clearly in the first picture. i dont think you look very pale in your pictures. you certainly do not look sick.

I use a nikon p&s. I thought they're supposed to be good since they're one of the top quality brands in digital camera's. And I think what you saw is just the natural shadow of my cheeks. Should I layer on my blush.. do you think that would help?
  • SUMM3RxBABiiSUMM3RxBABii NYPosts: 3,260Member
    yeah it's not bad at all. your face does not look pale at all.
    ♥♥SH0P♥♥
    Free People, MAC, AE, HCO, A&F, Smashbox, DKNY, Guess, more!
    Tumblr♥
    ★Fashion/Beauty Blog "Fashionspiration"★
  • ladyfeiladyfei sydneyy<3Posts: 609Member
    your face is not pale at all!!!
    im so pale in pics @_@
    v i s i t m y b e a u t y b l o g!*
  • kissez*kissez* YEAH OH YEAH Posts: 8,252Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Try using bronzer? And a thicker layer of blush.

"It was tender and mild, like baby Jesus."

FORMSPRING
    edited February 2009
    QUOTE (l3lo @ Feb 1 2009, 06:04 PM) »
    i agree you look normal. like a normal asian girl should look image. i would of thought that you would ask to look paler but was surprised you asked to look less pale. i mean the only obvious way to not look pale-though you don't, is to just hang out in the sun all summer and there goes your end result.

No, I'm not one of those asians girls who's obsessed with having light skin. Light skin doesn't look good on me imo.

QUOTE (BL!NG @ Feb 1 2009, 06:12 PM) »
    come on! you look just fine.. actually beautiful and there's nothing wrong with your skin tone!
    if it's about the blush.. next time try to put on a thicker layer of blush on your cheeks coz yeah.. they fade away after a while... that's what I do..
    and if it really fades away after that while I'm out.. I use my lip stick as a blush.. put on alittle here and there then rub them to distribute it .. it works better than blushes and stay for a longer time.. (ofcourse you can't use a glossy lip stick... actually I have a pink lip stick for times like this.. just for my cheeks believe it or not ... but they stay there for a longer time!)... or hmmm... use a bronze blush....
    and if u have non of those.. pinch your cheeks they will turn out pink! lol seriously..
    and yeah.. don't use flash when taking pics...

hope that was useful image

Good idea/tip with the lipstick thing! Thanks, I might give that a try in the future! image
    Just hope I don't break out from that, lol.
  • xl0v3juicyxl0v3juicy DOLLFACE~ Posts: 3,205Member
    If you think that's pale, then you should try taking a look at my photos. I look pasty and sick. Don't worry though, your skin color looks fine image
    . b a b y love .你 想 不 想 r o c k m y w o r l d ?
  • ChouChouChouChou mrs lau <3 UKPosts: 2,782Friend of Soompi

IDOL

omg...YOU think YOU'RE pale!!!!........*scoff*.....
    i must be like...dead
  • ali.starali.star Toronto, ONPosts: 48Member
    You look good! I don't think you look pale.
    But if you want a "healthy glow" then try using a shimmer blush/bronzer. Don't cake too much colour on your face or it'll show and when the flash hits, NOT PRETTY.
    I have very pale skin too. I don't wear any foundation or anything but I just brush on a little blush and when I take pictures I have a noticeable glow.

I use Bare Minerals - Precious Diamonds. If you can find it, try it out.
  • pocketsoulpocketsoul New YorkPosts: 1,221Member
    I'm naturally very pale as well. Jergen's self tanner has been working like a charm.
  • FooFooRukFooFooRuk Posts: 430Member
    edited February 2009
    i don't think this is a good forum to ask...cus most people are obsessed with being PALE. lol.
    but uhh why don't you not wear foundation? but you're obviously naturally light skinned~! so just go to a make up counter and ask for some real noticable bronzer or something image
    summer/spring is coming up soo get a tan o-o
    vakvabkagvkabkalhablahblah you.
    : )
  • ohb0yitsMELohb0yitsMEL Baller on a budget. Posts: 352Member
    Lol, ur other friend in the picture is actually paler than u =p

Pictures are stupid, i have the same problem. i have normal/dark eyebrows, but in pics, they seem to be nonexistent. Then I'd fill it in to make my eyebrows look even darker, but my eyebrows still look light in pictures, when they're super dark in person. UGH.
  • secretlyjustyourssecretlyjustyours Cali &lt;3Posts: 1,360Member

ROOKIE

you don't look pale to me.. lmao
    I can see your blush, but it looks like bronzer to me
  • SwixxSwixx If everyone was special, everyone would be ordinary i dunnoPosts: 531Member
    LOL.
    no.
    you're not that pale.
    bahahahaaha
    I think your skin tone is fine image
    but idk. don't use flash... lol

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"