Wax Or Shave?

Guest xxlilshortyxx

Guest xxlilshortyxx

do you guys prefer waxing your legs or shaving? i always shave my legs, but i'm thinking of switching to waxing. for those who wax, what products do you recommend? is it really painful?

Guest Twlight_Freak

well it depends actaully :)

Because even tho shaving is more

common and way easier, the

hair grows back much more quickly.

the hair grows back in about 2-3 days.

But as for waxing, even tho it

might hurt a lil (depends how u do it

and which brand u use) the hair

does not grow back in months since

waxing takes the roots of ur hairs

making it harder for hairs to grow back. :lol:

Guest DOLLYbeans

i dont do any but my sister does

my friends recommended nair easy wax

its like in a little tub about 10cm in diametre

ive helped ehr wax before its really good

but if you do buy it make sure you put a thin l;ayer when you wax

cause if its think it wont put out the hairs clean

shaving on the other hand makes your pores huge and when theres regrowth its really ugly

like black dots on the leg... well thats what ive seen on others

I use wax strips (the wax is already on the strips, just need to rub them to warm them up and off you go, I usually use Nair products, they even have sparkly cherry scented wax strips haha)

I find waxing fun (don't ask) and after about the third time it doesn't hurt (because the hair has become finer) unless the wax gets stuck on your skin.

Guest PhuongNguyen

Waxing is WAYYYY too painful for me, so I prefer shaving but I honestly can't tell much of a difference between the two. Result wise... the apperance of my legs looks about the same. The only difference is the time it takes to grow back, shaving is about 1 week, while waxing is almost 2.

waxing is more painful than shaving but hair grows in much longer time :D

shaving is not painful but hair grows in about 2 or 3 days ! :crazy: yes . annoying and tiring !!

i do both ! lol

• 5 years later...
Guest ex0ternal

I just had my first waxing experience earlier and well, it didn't hurt at all.During the process it feels a bit itchy but it's tolerable.

Guest elleaych

Surprisingly, waxing is not painful for me but it just takes way to long. So i prefer shaving, quick and easy.

I do wax. I have started in my puberty with shaving because it's more cheap and quickly done. I never had any complications with that. Negative is how quickly it grows back. %_%

I do have my problems with waxing... I tried "cold" wax strips which you firstly have to rub between your hands. No complication.

Secondly I tried an electric "hot" wax roll on kit system. It takes about 45 minutes until it's warm enough; it takes the power from the included electricity cable. Then you put a section on und remove it with included cotton paper. Complication like red skin, some skin was removed away, many sections were itching like hell for many days. Never ever again!

Thirdly I have tried a "warmth" wax roll on. You have to put the kit in a bowl and boil it in water for about 7,8 minutes. You remove that with cotton strips. Itched like hell and is more painful than the "cold" wax strips.

I stay to the first choice cold wax strips and will definitely try out sugar waxing because of my sensitive skin. :)

Guest daisybears

Shave, it's so much easier than waxing your entire legs, and it could be done when you shower.

Guest tattoofans

I love to do both process. Somtimes i do waxing and whenever i have little bit time to get ready then i do shaving.

• 2 months later...

Recently I have been waxed in a cosmetic shop, almost the entire body. The result was soft skin without wounds. I've learned from that that I will never do waxing by my own again. Now I hope the old dark spots from my waxing sessions will heal over time and the nuance will turn into light back. From now on, professionally treatment is my preference.

Archived