Do You Think White People Are Better Looking Than Asian People

Guest Rhutheius

Guest Rhutheius

Don't kick me.
My boyfriend and his friend have been arguing for the past hour about this.

It all started with the cast of the upcoming Dragonball movie.

My friend thinks they should have casted someone asian as Goku but my boyfriend is arguing that most asians don't have the sharp nose and big eyes that they portray in the anime.

AHHH they're driving me crazy, tell me what you guys think, haha.

........................................................................looooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

okay yea, first of all, find me a person in any other race that actually looks like an anime.

yes i guess we don't ALL have big eyes, sharp nose like we do in anime (forbid we have code geass's pointy chin as well)..

but at the same time, does the white guy look like goku or whatever either????? NO. >__>; for one thing, his hair isn't even black (Super saiyan already?)

its a hard topic and .. it goes around in circles.

the movie's the way it is.

MY ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS:

white people will be "better looking" (i guess) to your boyfriend if he thinks that sharp noses and big eyes dont exist in anime. WHICH isnt even "asian people" lol.

asian =/= anime . thank you !

if your'e saying anime looks better than ASIAN people though, of course it does. anime is all false and dreams and idealisms. (i mean just look at final fantasy)

Well, I think beauty is something that has an infinite number of different definitions and standards, varying from culture to culture, and even person to person. So, I suppose it really depends on what you personally think is considered beautiful. I, personally, love ALL types...and am typically envious of girls of each and every race <_<

So, really, since there is no 1 definition of beauty, I don't think it's possible for one race to be considered beautiful, b/c the features that we may think are pretty in that race may be considered ugly by others. Actually, I just learned in my psych class that the only universal standards amongst cultures regarding beauty are 1) facial symmetry and 2) hip-waist ratio. Interesting, huh? :)

And as for the DBZ movie thing, I personally wish they would've had an Asian cast simply b/c of the fact that it's an Asian anime, and generally most popular amongst other Asians.

But, I do understand why they'd choose an Asian cast--it's just more marketable. There aren't many Asians in media, and unless they're cast in either the nerdy role or the kung-fu master role (see Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi), they probably won't be received very well, regrettably :/

Guest darling

Isn't the film aimed towards Americans? If so, it would make sense to me that they use more Americans as the cast members (especially the lead roles).

To answer your question, no; I think both eastern & European/American/white races look unique but in all honesty I prefer the features/looks of Asians more.

Guest Rhutheius

Most anime characters look CAUCASIAN- NOT ASIAN!!!!! F****** TALL richard simmons WHITE POINTED NOSE BIG BLUE EYED BLONDE HAIR ANIME CHARACTERS DON'T LOOK F****** ASIAN!!!!! WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CASTED A WHITE PERSON AS GOKU?!!!!! LOOK AT F****** CLOUD OR SEPHIROTH OR WHOEVER!!!!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERSONAL PREFERENCE OR WHO YOU THINK IS BETTER LOOKING-IT'S ABOUT WHAT LOOKS MOST LIKE THE CHARACTER!!!!!

AND DON'T GET OFFENDED BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO REASON TO- JUST ACCEPT THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-BOYFRIEND

Guest CitrusFlower

Most anime characters look CAUCASIAN- NOT ASIAN!!!!! F****** TALL richard simmons WHITE POINTED NOSE BIG BLUE EYED BLONDE HAIR ANIME CHARACTERS DON'T LOOK F****** ASIAN!!!!! WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CASTED A WHITE PERSON AS GOKU?!!!!! LOOK AT F****** CLOUD OR SEPHIROTH OR WHOEVER!!!!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERSONAL PREFERENCE OR WHO YOU THINK IS BETTER LOOKING-IT'S ABOUT WHAT LOOKS MOST LIKE THE CHARACTER!!!!!

AND DON'T GET OFFENDED BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO REASON TO- JUST ACCEPT THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-BOYFRIEND

We all have our own thoughts but stating it like that won't get you no where and it won't help you prove anything either

-BOYFRIEND

Well mister boyfriend, if you don't want any other opinions, tell your girlfriend to close this thread lol.

Perhaps she's just looking for reasons to back up.

Yea well, look at Cloud and Sephiroth.

NOBODY looks like them.

Final Fantasy characters are mainly white with a twinge of asian.

But final fantasy is not real, so what.

If you are so dead set on this, please just tell your GF to close this thread and have you post in here just to offend people who have opinions, or else we will just have answers that offend you. Idiot.

Perhaps look to different types of beauty.

If not, then why does it matter.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I actually can't wait till that movie comes out, even though the anime itself was cheesy xD

But in every race there is always beautiful people and some not so attractive. Mainly it depends on the individual not entirely the race. But I guess it depends on someone's personal choice as well.

What Asian Actor could pull off Goku?

That being said, does a white guy pull off Goku?

NO, it shoulda freakin stayed as an anime but too bad it didn't, now its out there for either half the world to be laughed at, enjoyed, or just pure rofl.

I mean with anime/game characters, it's obviously rarely meant to look like realistic people.

I mean you can't mold humans the way you do to dead/unalive things.

Get over it (whomever is even speaking anymore)

P.S. unless people have a pinched nose, it will not look as "pointy" as it does in anime.

So whats your point? -_-;;

-BOYFRIEND

errr...*looks at the title*

Do You Think White People Are Better Looking Than Asian People

what facts?...

Guest bitterx

F****** TALL richard simmons WHITE POINTED NOSE BIG BLUE EYED BLONDE HAIR ANIME CHARACTERS DON'T LOOK F****** ASIAN!!!!!

You sir, have not seen the world of cosplay.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/airlambo23/2934020452/

Of course it's not complete likeness, but it's still not bad (best I could find with 1min of google ><) There was an asian vincent cosplayer picture I saw one time...and it was SO ALIKE it was scary =S

A quick look around at some cosplays and you well see how some asians CAN pull off an anime look. Please stop being so ignorant.

Anyhow. Beauty is preference, it's not defined by race.

Guest kishycathiee

-BOYFRIEND

Whoaaa, lay off the caps lock homeslice. XD

But anyways, I'm not gonna generalize. I don't think there's the PRETTIER race.

It's all personal preference I guess

^

What facts.

AND CAPLOCKING EVERYTHING WITH ********'S IN THERE IS OBVIOUSLY GONNA MAKE PEOPLE RESPECT YOU.

Lol seriously, there are no facts when its to something based on EVERYONE's opinion.

Keep your cool, at least write partially eloquently, realize that it's not a fact, but an opinion.

I mean we don't all fall in love with the same person.

Why is it that some people like guys, and some people like girls?

Some people like blue eyes, some people like brown, some people like brad pitt, some don't see any appeal.

Guest Panda Kisses

LOL! I don't even know why you'd dispute over Goku being portrayed by that white guy.

Maybe it could have worked with some other Caucasian male.

But not this one.

That new DB movie is funny.

I'm just waiting to watch it to prove me wrong.

About what? About it being a failure.

Archived