Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Replies

• *alodia**alodia* ? Dia ? ??....??....^^ PhilippinesPosts: 4,038Member

IDOL

edited August 2009
    Aha! I can see new City Hall MVs in youtube... from familiar usernames...
    (download links! download links! download links!)
    Post the links here guys... (it's still buffering on my end.. image )

But i found this one from a Japanese fan:
    It's short but it's just so funny! (idk, i find it funny - as in rotfl funny)
    My Lovely Jo Guk
    (a mnikss obb parody)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLFKiJbmoc

i wish they could have added joo hwa and her cute scenes too... image
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    We are still recruting Korean-English Translators for I Do I Do.
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
    ★ ★ ★ UPDATES AND USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT I DO I DO ON PAGE 4 ★ ★ ★
  • GuMiGuMi Inju CityPosts: 80Member
    Since none of the new drama's attract my attention enough to follow them weekly, I am re-watching On Air - also by writer -director duo who brought us City Hall.
    Something I noticed is that "Moon River" was also used there as background score. It played during a scene with Song Yoon Ah and Lee Bum Soo that showed them drinking tea together while on a trip in Taiwan. it didnt have the effect it did in CH nor did it feature in a romantic scene between then. image In the past i enjoyed watching that scene because I was rooting for those to to hook up and it didnt hurt that it was beautifully shot, but now that I have CH as a bench mark all I can think of is about City Hall and how that same music featured there.

IDOL

edited August 2009
    I haven't gotten the chance to watch On Air (i shouldn't have procrastinated... i should have watched all the dramas i want to watch before city hall... image ) i'm liking on air (watched until ep3 or 4 before city hall started)... i hope i'll like it once i get the chance to watch it.
    but thanks for mentioning the moon river GuMi - it confirms that it's either a trademark of writer eunsook/pd shin OR it's just her/his (whoever) personal favorite - since it was on Lovers in Paris ep3 as well.

QUOTE (GuMi @ Jul 9 2009, 06:13 PM) »
    MR was so full of fun and life that a romantic proposal was what she deserved. And She got a wonderful proposal scene from JG who is basically a romantic guy. That was one thing missing in MNIKSS - but than - SamShika was never the romantic type, IMO.

Exactly. I wish there were more romantic scenes in mnikss (i used to be jealous with the amusement park date in What's Up Fox, hoping that samsoon and samshik could have dated in an amusement park as well)... but yeah samshika was never the romantic type anyway. ish! am i missing samshika? well, no! haha (mianhe samshika... my heart's chanting jo mu yong! jo mu yong! jo mu yong!)

QUOTE (epyc @ Jul 9 2009, 11:14 PM) »
    etee7114 - you raised the question about BB and JG's mum relationship. I guess it is a 'passing of the wind' because BB told JG that "I had never planned you". President Kang told JG that his mum used to go to seek help from him during her pregnancy. It can be said that the baby was not welcomed by the dad and it was the mom who kept him. His mum might have a thing for kids and hence, her volunteer works for children. And her fondness for Rang was what set off JG's adoption idea. Back to BB's line of "you were never part of my plan", it would have hurt JG big time if it was the old JG. He was however a changed man by that time. He could see the crap in BB and it would only make him more determined to fight for his and MR's happiness.

I wish more time could be given to elaborate on the character of JG's mum. I really like her character which in many ways is similar to MR.

When subbing that part, i even utter "ouch" hearing BB saying those words. And to my surprise, it didn't seem to hurt Guk that much. He looked slightly taken a back for a few split seconds, but it's not the crying i-trusted-you-have-you-never-trusted-me jo guk anymore.
    thanks for the explanation... i was too engrossed watching Choi Il Hwa's powerful acting

I do wish to see a little bit more of Guk's mom too. The 3-minute scene of her and guk on episode 18 is unforgettable.

QUOTE (GuMi @ Jul 9 2009, 03:57 PM) »
    BB never changed in the drama and I was happy with that. His character was consistent Many times you see the most villainous characters suddenly turn saintly just to wrap things up nicely. It doesn’t work and it always made me angry as a viewer.

I agree. And I love it as well. I also hate it if extremely villainous characters suddenly turn saintly during final episode wrap-ups (reason why I hate our local dramas - reason why I hate dramas in general - until MNIKSS showed / proved to me that not all dramas are the same). Though there were changes, I like that the major villains didn't make a 180 degree turn.
    I love that BB hasn't changed to be an accepting father to jo guk, though his reaction when guk called him ahbuji is priceless.
    I also love that Go Hae is still the prideful person who looked as if she'll melt if her hand touched Mi Rae's.
    I also love that Joo Hwa still despise Mi Rae - the way she talked to her when she was asking her to join them in dancing is still the same tome she has for Mi Rae... and boy, even after one year, she still feels nauseous every time she sees Mi Rae (I haven't even seen Mi Rae, why do i feel nauseous?). image

QUOTE (epyc @ Jul 9 2009, 11:14 PM) »
    * It is a story so full of soul and heart. This is what I do not expect when starting this drama. I first thought this is only a romantic comedy with politics as the backdrop. But it keeps surprising me episode after episode, and prompts me think and think. This story of Shin Mirae as a change agent to all those around her is an amazing and uplifting story. I thank and applaud the scriptwriter for this.

nado nado... me too...
    i was never expecting city hall to be something like this. i never thought i would experience something we have experienced a few months ago (still experiencing by lots of us who are still having withdrawals)... maybe because of WIAN, i didn't set my expectations too high... (plus the first few episodes are not so heartfelt yet)

QUOTE (szeying89 @ Jul 9 2009, 10:00 PM) »
    There is one MV on Cityhall which is quite nice..
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=606819214

The lyrics of the song really make me sad.
    Do check out.

I just saw this now. And I love it as much as I love your Never Ending Story version.
    Thanks my dear szeying89

QUOTE (lupita311 @ Jul 10 2009, 07:16 AM) »
    It is the first time in my life that someone that it's not of spanish decent (unless you are) to mention the Japanese show "Candy, Candy" it was and still is very popular among Spanish kids and adults alike because I still adore it (it brings back good memories).... image

haha Suna mentioned Candy Candy a number of times over the years. Maybe because she grew up in Japan. But it must be popular in Korea too since it was also used in Dalja's Spring. Plus there's a Korean version for the opening theme (that Suna sang in Wet Dreams). They said it was also shown in the Philippines, but I was too young to remember it. (my generation is "Sarah the Little Princess generation)
    Anyway, finally i decided to download the anime (simply because i want to know how gorgeous this anthony is that Suna is dying for) and was quite surprised to see a lot of Spanish versions coming up on my searches. Must be really popular in the Spanish community, ey?

mian, mian... sorry for making a late comment. i think i wasn't able to say this before coz this is the only time i was able to finally read every post after the final episode

mark:page281
    slowpoke~
    *finger tired from pressing the F5 button in DB *sniff sniff*
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com

IDOL

edited August 2009
    I think Suna left 2 messages at DC inside:

GO TO THE DC INSIDE LINKS TO SEE THE PICTURES
    TRANSLATION OF HER MESSAGE AT KSA's THREAD courtesy of ck2009

1. 안녕하세요..미래.선횽(?)ㅎㅎ입니다..^^감사드립니다...
    (annyeong haseyo... this is mi rae.sun hyong(?)* haha.. ^^thank you..

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=cityh...3820&page=2
    2009-08-17 22:09:13

안녕하세요!!
    신미래..선아 인사드립니다...(이정도 사진이면..인증이.되는거겠지효.??ㅋㅋ나만(선훃)가지고있는.사진임..쿠하하하핫.......)
    망설이다..고민끝에......살짝쿵..인사드립니다...!

삼순갤.밤밤갤..에도 글 남긴적이.없어서..시티홀 갤러리에만.쓰기도..괜히...미안한 마음에.안 쓰고 있었는데..!!.....ㅠㅠ

(솔직히.그땐..컴맹이라...잘몰랐뜸..ㅠㅠ..이젠..쬐꼼..암니당..ㅋㅋㅋ)
    (구래서.인증샷..밤밤때.삼순갤.팻말!!든것포함했떠요................................)

그간의.감사함을....한방에...해결하자....머.그런건.아님니다만...ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

늘..감사의마음...잊지 않고 있었다는거....

감사합니다..여러분

미안합니다..여러분

격하게.....감사드립니다....여러부~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~운~~~~~~~~~~~엉엉엉

................................................................................
    ................................................................................
    이번....시티홀영상회.! 참석은 못했지만...(참석못해서.또.지송..!!)
    울.메롱매니져가.찍어온..영상.(아주쬐꼼..찍어왔더라규용..맛배기루...!!!장난햇!!!!!!??ㅋㅋ)을보며..
    감동의.눈물을.흘리고...가슴벅차고...엉엉엉,,,,,,,,,,

울.작가님...배우님들..다들.너무.감동하시구...
    그래서.영상회..준비하신 여러분들...
    이.영상회가.있기까지.많은노력과.응원과.사랑을.듬뿍주신..
    우리..시티홀갤..가족들에게.감사의마음을.꼭...전하고.싶었습니다..

전.정말.복을.많이 받았나봅니다..
    가슴깊이.남을.작품과.....감독님.작가님.!!!좋은스텝분들...배우분들....그리고.여러분들...!!!
    이 작품시티홀을.선택한일은....정말..장한일 이였던것.같습니다...!!!ㅎㅎㅎ

앞으로...더.노력하는.배우.!!여러분의.국민괄호배우.김선아가.되도록..꾸준히.노력할게효!!...
    저도...울..시티홀 식구들도.많이.응원해주세요!!

수고 너무 많으셨고...솔직히.가슴안에.있는.감정이.글로썬..표현이잘안되네용!!김작가님..도와주삼~~~~~~~~!!!!
    ^^너무.감사드립니다....^^

항상.건강하시고...늘.행복이.함께하시길...!!!!!

당신들.....정말......!!!
    웃기시네

p.s.....담 영상회는...언제인가효???ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ
    미래두..보고싶땅!!...!보고싶땅!!!!!! 아마두......쿡이두.보고싶을꼬당..!!!

p.s1...음....사진은......너무.남발하지말아주삼...부톽....임돠..^^ㅎㅎㅎ
    선포에두.올릴테니....
    여러분들사진은......캠코더에.있는거..폰카로.마구.찍었뜸....푸하핫..!!!
    사라다횽은...조명바로.,아래라.......다.허옇게.나와서리...!!!저게.최선이였뜸..!!!!

2. 시티홀갤..100일을.축하드리며.......................
    City Hall Gall... 100days**. Congratulations...........

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=cityh...3842&page=3
    2009-08-18 00:14:25

난.댓글쓰라는줄.알았떠엽.............

ㅠㅠ

축하드리며..

다시한번....

감사드립니다.....^^

*선횽 sun hyong because people at city hall gallery put 횽 at the end of their names if addressing one another. ie Dia hyong, Sarada hyong. They have nicknames Suna already as Sun hyong. but i don't know what hyong means, in the dc gall context

**today's the 100th day of city hall gallery... if you guys remember, it took some time before city hall gall was up.. the drama is already airing, yet the gallery is not up yet.

*thanks seuyip for posting the first link at KSA's thread.... and thanks again to szeying89 for the tutorial on how to access DC, if not we won't be able to read her message (erhm, ok we don't understand it...) if not we won't be able to see her pictures... (*tears* i still can't post a message though)
    001.gif002.gif

IDOL

Ive been wanting to ask this... but the picture i have before can't be posted outside sunaforever.
    glad that suna posted this set on dc inside.

when did mi rae wear this hanbook?
    http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3280/31139793.jpg
    not on her campaign poster... not on ms.baendaengi... not on the pre-pageant.. did i miss anything?
    001.gif002.gif
  • fishbudfishbud Posts: 14Member
    QUOTE (mtoenlob @ Aug 16 2009, 12:10 PM) »
    From the physical attributes - tall, lean and good-looking - as one would imagine how Jo Guk would look; to the character traits - so sure of himself, at times annoying and obnoxious, can even be downright hilarious and witty, yet sensitive and vulnerable, sweet and romantic. CSW breathing life to JG is one of the factors why City Hall is one of the best things if not THE best thing that ever happen in Kdrama as far as I am concerned. CSW's credible portrayal of JG made it hard to separate CSW from JG.

Couldn't agree more. I love love love CSW's credible portrayal of JG! I've seen many of CSW movies and I must say he can portray just about any roles, be it comedic or dramatic...playing good guy or bad guy. I must say I prefer him in dramatic role since his acting caliber is just so phenomenal in drama (just finished watching "A Day With My Son" recently, and I have to say "wow" to CSW's performance in that movie). Here in CH, it's amazing how he's able to combine and balance the comedic and dramatic performance effortlessly to portray JG. CSW makes JG an interesting character indeed. I like the fact that he's not portrayed as typical "hero", but more of an antihero who is a foil to MR's typical "hero".

QUOTE (mtoenlob @ Aug 16 2009, 12:10 PM) »
    ...CSW, without a doubt, got very expressive eyes which he used to full advantage in this drama. Love that lamp post scene, where they met after SMR was detained for interrogation. For a minute, they stood there, just looking into each other's eyes, no exchange of words, yet their eyes speaking volumes. Subtle acting at its finest.

Agree again. I absolutely love the very little or non-dialogue scenes in CH. both CSW and KSA are so good in the subtle acting department. Like you, I find CSW's expressive eyes so incredible to watch. What JG didn't or couldn't say out loud, the eyes really spoke for him. Speaking with the eyes and facial expression enhances the emotionally suppressed nature of JG character really well here and CSW just nailed that aspect of JG right on.

Like I said many time before, CH would not be as great without CSW and KSA in lead roles. Comparable age and acting experience between the two leads really work its magic here. I think this is what make CH outshined any other dramas of KSA. To cast another one of the good-looking, much younger actor as a male lead for KSA again here in CH would be disastrous. I like both MNIKSS and WIAN, but I think KSA is carry most of the load there since the male leads aren't as strong of an actor (grant it, I think if Hyun Bin acts in MNIKSS as experienced as he is now, he would have done way better than he was). I'm glad the writer, the PD, and the casting director, really held true to JG character and opted to cast older and more mature actor like CSW in the role. He really made both himself and KSA shined here in CH. Definitely was a great comeback vehicle for both of them image
  • JeatvVoonJeatvVoon SwitzerlandPosts: 116Member
    QUOTE (fishbud @ Aug 18 2009, 12:14 AM) »
    Couldn't agree more. I love love love CSW's credible portrayal of JG! I've seen many of CSW movies and I must say he can portray just about any roles, be it comedic or dramatic...playing good guy or bad guy. I must say I prefer him in dramatic role since his acting caliber is just so phenomenal in drama (just finished watching "A Day With My Son" recently, and I have to say "wow" to CSW's performance in that movie). Here in CH, it's amazing how he's able to combine and balance the comedic and dramatic performance effortlessly to portray JG. CSW makes JG an interesting character indeed. I like the fact that he's not portrayed as typical "hero", but more of an antihero who is a foil to MR's typical "hero".

Totally agree! CSW is an allrounder, since he acted a many genre of movie, comedy, drama, action... That's what made him so much more experienced than a "younger" actor.
    (But that scene in ep.12 at Mexicana... well I think that was a little over! I'm just gonna blame the scriptwriter. You can hit me, but pls not my face image )
    Although I think in CH he wouldn't shine as much if KSA wasn't his partner. Watched some Bts of CH and I must say, they really have a very good relationship!
    Simply love KSA! I must admit I haven't seen a lot of KSA portrayal in movies/series, guess I just catch up later. Any recommendations?

However I think JG was a kind of "hero". The good guy, sacrificing his future to protect his love one.
    Ok, maybe not at the beginning. That was probably because of bad influence from BB.
    But later on he changed his views in politics too, ex. telling BB "Instead of stepping on other to reach higher, you can also reach higher by protecting others! (Wow, what a statement!)
    So I think JG was the in-suit-super-looking "hero".

@everyone: I'm amazed how good you guys write! How you use your words to express what you think/feel. I still got a lot to learn from you image

• michellephanmichellephan Melbourne,VIC AustraliaPosts: 589Member
    QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 17 2009, 12:22 PM) »
    Ive been wanting to ask this... but the picture i have before can't be posted outside sunaforever.

not on her campaign poster... not on ms.baendaengi... not on the pre-pageant.. did i miss anything?

sis i don't think you missed any scencebecause when i went to her cafe
    ang i saw this pics it's took me long time to watced city hall again from
    ep.1-ep.20 but i could't ind when she wear it so i think it was in some
    scene but might be they were cut it ???

The Special Girl Of My Heart
  • berrymonsterberrymonster Posts: 984Member

IDOL

is it not everyone can access to 캠코더 right?

hmm...should i buy director cut dvd or not.
    차승원씨는 신미래가 사랑하는 조국입니다. 연극 밖에서 그는 아내의 남편이며 두 자녀의 아버지입니다. 그는 정말로 어떤 사람입니까? 차승원씨가 조국이거나 조국이 차승원입니다. 인생은 연극과 같아요. 연극은 인생과 같아요. 미래씨는 조국 가슴에 태풍입니다. 조국 씨도 미래의 가슴에 태풍이지요. 그 <시티홀>은 나의 태풍입니다.
  • qwerty_uqwerty_u Posts: 426Member
    edited August 2009
    QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 18 2009, 04:22 AM) »

that's the promo picture for Mexicana Chicken Bar. I believe i've seen it in Mirae's Blog.
    sigbroke28ic.gif
    click on me to read Soompi Signature rule!
  • mead33mead33 Posts: 515Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 18 2009, 03:22 AM) »

hi alodia, was it from her blog. i recalled that she was wearing a similar hanbok on her blog...

IDOL

mirae blog is not working??? is it must id to access?
    차승원씨는 신미래가 사랑하는 조국입니다. 연극 밖에서 그는 아내의 남편이며 두 자녀의 아버지입니다. 그는 정말로 어떤 사람입니까? 차승원씨가 조국이거나 조국이 차승원입니다. 인생은 연극과 같아요. 연극은 인생과 같아요. 미래씨는 조국 가슴에 태풍입니다. 조국 씨도 미래의 가슴에 태풍이지요. 그 <시티홀>은 나의 태풍입니다.

IDOL

edited August 2009
    @qwerty_u and mead33
    you girls are awesome! that's right, from her blog!

@berrymonster
    mi rae's blog is working on my end... but what 캠코더 (camcorder?) can't you access?
    EDIT: I see, you are referring to Suna's message. Sorry, I don't know either...
    001.gif002.gif

IDOL

QUOTE (jastinel @ Jul 12 2009, 08:24 AM) »
    If there is a guy like JG left aside the guys that I`ve mentioned, (hehehe) I wish he will meet Suna soon. When I turned 25, I got scared about finding the right guy also, how much more with Suna, she`s not getting any younger.
    I don`t understand the way of courtship in Korea, that they need to have blind dates just to meet a guy.
    I`m still fortunate to be a Filipino cause here, guys can be romantic in so many ways.

Really? Where are those romantic guys here? Coz I can't seem to find any... T.T (i only see gays... image )
    alodia to alodia: How can you find those guys if you are always inside your room, in front of you pc, obsessing over city hall?

QUOTE (epique. @ Jul 13 2009, 02:37 AM) »
    does anyone mind telling me how they found this drama to be like?
    Was it good or bad?
    Who'd you'd recommend it to?
    Why I should watch it?

Because I need strong convincing to watch it, since I'm already watching Shining Inheritance (Brilliant Legacy) which already is one of my favourie K-Dramas. I'm also watching Partner, and going to watch Iris hopefully in September-ish. My summer is officially starting on Thursday and well Shining Inheritance is finishing and whilst I wait for Partner episodes, I'd like to watch something else - I'm leaning towards Triple though, but my sister says I should give City Hall a try... but I don't know.

Anyone willing to answer my questions?

Gotcha epique. Haha!

My enjoyments on back reading:
    1. Seeing who are re-watching and on what episode they are in
    2. Reading post from reluctant viewers, going back after watching it and totally loving it. SWEET!
    001.gif002.gif
  • sam2006sam2006 Posts: 45Member
    edited August 2009
    alodia & Jastinel:

Really? Where are those romantic guys here? Coz I can't seem to find any... T.T (i only see gays... image )
    alodia to alodia: How can you find those guys if you are always inside your room, in front of you pc, obsessing over city hall?

Guy or gay, no matter how you are lucky you can find some interest males in your life. But I can only find them in beautiful dramas.

fishbud: I just make a subscription to your channel. Looking forward to your next video..

IDOL

edited August 2009
    QUOTE (sam2006 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:45 PM) »

Guy or gay, no matter how you are lucky you can find some interest males in your life. But I can only find them in beautiful dramas.

Haha, i guess you misunderstood... what i mean is that, I CAN'T find any interesting guys AT ALL... and most guys are turning gays... Jastinel is lucky to find a romantic guy. Sigh.... reminds me of the scene of Captain Jang in MNIKSS.... hopeless hopeless

@szeying89
    The mediafire link you uploaded for this MV, http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=611145063 is invalid... do you still have it?

QUOTE (etee7114 @ Jul 19 2009, 03:59 PM) »
    Hi alodia,

Wow, I didn't expect a revival of this petition. I know you are superbusy with BON. If you have some time, please find out at dcinside if we can combine our list to their list. Thanks a lot.

Hi etee,
    Sorry they said they don't know either how to combine our petition list wit them, sicne teh agora daum website requires KSSN to log-in... image

Dang! I just saw in flashing that Shining Inheritance will be aired on our country (dunno how soon yet EDIT: saw the teaser again, should be by the end of this month! man! that was sooo soon!)... dang!! It ended later than City Hall right? No, no, no... i'm sure they'll show City Hall in time with the presidential election next year... should i try watching it? no? the drama i'm following now is Soul - simply because it's horror... but honestly as it progress i get less and less scared... image )

QUOTE (Denali @ Jul 21 2009, 05:49 AM) »
    Don't wanna get over it. image Love just every single minute of it, even the tough and sad parts. Maybe I'm not the only one who was so affected that it made me want to learn Hangeul - so that I won't need subtitles anymore. I have begun studying it on my own and it is quite a challenge. I must add that I started watching k-dramas a few months ago and I never thought that it would impact me that much. So thank you to all who contributed to it, through your work and words. image

Denali,
    that's how i felt after watching MNIKSS, that's when i started learning Hangeul.

QUOTE (GuMi @ Jul 21 2009, 08:06 PM) »
    And after episode 16 aired, it was great to see how the relationship between Mi Rae & Jo Gook changed: in episode 7 Mi Rae asked Jo Gook why he came, Jo Gook answered: "Because I missed you". While in Ep. 16 when MR asked him the same question , Jo Gook's reply was: "Do I need a reason?"

Woah! I didn't notice that before as well... that's why i love reading you too, GuMi! ^^

QUOTE (szeying89 @ Jul 21 2009, 11:17 PM) »

thanks michellephan for the pictures..
    JungDo face expression is funny in the last picture.. haha
    He also has S line image

that picture is a personal pic from Suna...
    i've looked at it many times...
    but i was too absorbed looking at suna's sline that i failed to notice jung do. and yes, he is indeed funny here! image

QUOTE (berrymonster @ Jul 26 2009, 08:18 PM) »
    it's good to read dreambeans recap episode 8.

i like this fan from suna4u wrote cityhall season 2 at link.

@berrymonster
    are you following this fanfic? how was it going?
    i remember a lot of fanfics for mnikss written by chinese fans. 2 of them were translated (though one is unfinished).
    but i so fell in love with one mnikss fanfic - almost as much as i love mnikss. if this one is really good, it will be nice if it will be translated.

EDIT: aish! it's been a while since i lurked in suna4u since i do not know a single chinese character... but it seems there are quite a few fanfics written there... envious envious... me wants to read chinese too. image

QUOTE (mtoenlob @ Jul 24 2009, 03:10 PM) »
    I'm new here and this is my first attempt. Please bear with me.

mtoenlob
    i just happen to read your post today... and dear, you took the words from my heart. haha.
    well i guess, not just mine, but a lot of our hearts...
    well, except for the letting go part... i'm not yet close to letting go.. still have a lot to do here... image

anyway, it was really fun reading it.

QUOTE (srkdon @ Jul 26 2009, 02:40 PM) »
    Thanks alodia but unfortunately I cant access anything on the site. I need to be logged in to be able to see the content? I haven't been able to do so and need to find a way to reset my password.

i'm sorry srkdon... was i not able to get back to you on this? did i perhaps email you?
    really sorry i might have missed your post before... let me know... thanks
    001.gif002.gif
  • elleyelley laplandPosts: 612Member

IDOL

I finally finished watching this City Hall...I love CSW OMG! image He was so sexy. About the story there are some scene kind of harsh...I don't know it was realistic but I don't want to elaborate the scene anymore. But the whole story politics every thing must be possible even though it was impossible because of being greedy. Actually I was laughing, crying while watching this drama. I love KSA she was so funny especially she was wearing bathing suit…she was so cute while showing her body to KSA. I like that scene… image I love the scene were CSW kissing on the car...so sweet. How I wish I could find a man like CSA.

QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 12 2009, 05:42 PM) »
    Haha! You caught me there. I spent hours thinking how I can slip a copy of City Hall in Malacanang Palace (Office of The President).
    Seriously, when I heard the news on tv, can't help but hear Mi Rae's voice ranting all the things that she'll do with $20,000 for Inju. image
    Fine, "they said" it's not tax payer's money, but some rich congressman's. But given that you have $20,000 to spare, why spend it all for dinner when the rest of the citizens in your beloved country are dying of hunger? A senator, who's with them and opted not to join them, was able to get a good dinner in a Vietnamese restaurant for $10!)

---
    Ugh! Soompi's acting up on me for 2 days now... or is it my internet connection slowing down? image
    backreading mode~

Actually I was really ashamed if ever I was a president eating in a restaurant worth $20,000 much money if they give it fund to the poorest family. They will say its not tax payer money…its common sense they enjoying spending with their own money with that worth ($20,000). How is wish I was be there…but that is politics. image
  • naadianaanaadianaa Posts: 49Member
    QUOTE (saturn. @ May 26 2009, 10:10 PM) »

OMG! Tht's so funny! ROFL. I notice there are others like this one but with no translations. Thnx for the translation. This one is so hilarious!

Back reading : Page 103

imageimage

IDOL

edited August 2009
    @elley
    welcome to the thread!
    and them, saying it's not tax payer's money is even dubious! where else can they get that money?

@naadianaa
    yep yep, that was a fun artwork, right?
    and that one was created just after ep8 aired... when people are getting a bit anxious and concerned if there will be intimate (ie kiss, etc) scenes in city hall.
    thanks to dear saturn for translating that one...

mark: 301
    haha! i finally was able to get past the 200-ish pages! woot~
    F5 to DB... 아직 없어.. ㅠㅠ
    001.gif002.gif

IDOL

edited August 2009
    QUOTE (*alodia* @ Aug 18 2009, 10:42 PM) »
    Haha, i guess you misunderstood... what i mean is that, I CAN'T find any interesting guys AT ALL... and most guys are turning gays... Jastinel is lucky to find a romantic guy. Sigh.... reminds me of the scene of Captain Jang in MNIKSS.... hopeless hopeless

@szeying89
    The mediafire link you uploaded for this MV, http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=611145063 is invalid... do you still have it?

Hi etee,
    Sorry they said they don't know either how to combine our petition list wit them, sicne teh agora daum website requires KSSN to log-in... image

Dang! I just saw in flashing that Shining Inheritance will be aired on our country (dunno how soon yet EDIT: saw the teaser again, should be by the end of this month! man! that was sooo soon!)... dang!! It ended later than City Hall right? No, no, no... i'm sure they'll show City Hall in time with the presidential election next year... should i try watching it? no? the drama i'm following now is Soul - simply because it's horror... but honestly as it progress i get less and less scared... image )

Denali,
    that's how i felt after watching MNIKSS, that's when i started learning Hangeul.

Woah! I didn't notice that before as well... that's why i love reading you too, GuMi! ^^

thanks michellephan for the pictures..
    JungDo face expression is funny in the last picture.. haha
    He also has S line image

that picture is a personal pic from Suna...
    i've looked at it many times...
    but i was too absorbed looking at suna's sline that i failed to notice jung do. and yes, he is indeed funny here! image

@berrymonster
    are you following this fanfic? how was it going?
    i remember a lot of fanfics for mnikss written by chinese fans. 2 of them were translated (though one is unfinished).
    but i so fell in love with one mnikss fanfic - almost as much as i love mnikss. if this one is really good, it will be nice if it will be translated.

EDIT: aish! it's been a while since i lurked in suna4u since i do not know a single chinese character... but it seems there are quite a few fanfics written there... envious envious... me wants to read chinese too. image

mtoenlob
    i just happen to read your post today... and dear, you took the words from my heart. haha.
    well i guess, not just mine, but a lot of our hearts...
    well, except for the letting go part... i'm not yet close to letting go.. still have a lot to do here... image

anyway, it was really fun reading it.

i'm sorry srkdon... was i not able to get back to you on this? did i perhaps email you?
    really sorry i might have missed your post before... let me know... thanks

@ alodia.
    I am a silent reader because i not good in writing.
    I am following but i don't have time to re-watch city hall. i working harder to learn Korean and 2-3 hrs daily practicing. i regret i should have started early last year.
    this fanfics lizzie @ suna4u is good, written cityhall II - Political and Love. I don't know how to translate.