Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Replies

• ttekor_3ttekor_3 Posts: 71Friend of Soompi
    Thank You Alodia and the Entire BONFunsubs Team....I thank you so much for all your hard work.....City Hall has to be my all time favorite...I've been telling everyone I know to watch this drama...they took one look at JG's eyebrows and a total turn off but I keep telling them to keep watching and now they are in love this drama...I don't know how many times I've watched this drama already...I do get withdrawal symptoms from it....Thank You again wonderful and excellent translations....you all deserve an online version of standing ovations....yeah... image
  • GuMiGuMi Inju CityPosts: 80Member
    QUOTE (qwerty_u @ Aug 11 2009, 04:08 AM) »
    I like JG-SI conversation at the airport,

JG: Anything happened here?
    SI: Yeah, well, you should give Mayor Shin Mirae a call.
    JG: Why bring her up? I can't see her until tomorrow night. You're making me miss her.
    SI: So now, you can be obvious?
    JG: Yeah, so you should give up now.

(when JG said the last part, could it mean two things right?)
    1: he is telling SI to give up his feeling for Mi-rae or
    2: he is telling SI to stop pestering him?

It was a great scene. another example of brilliant simplicity from the writers part. JG admitting his feeling openly - though SI already knows about them.

I believe JG is telling SI go give up because MR is his. not much hope about the second part - SI never stops pestering JG [thats part of his charm]

MR had JD to push her when it was needed and JG had SI to do the same for him.
  • jastineljastinel Suna4life/Philippines PhilippinesPosts: 3,554Member
    My eyes hurts from reading all the comments from the open thread in JB.
    It fills my heart with gladness that many people are still into CH fever.
    But since BON released the final episode, I felt like it`s the end of CH and
    the only thing that I can look forward too, is the recap of Samsooki and after that
    what else is left? I really miss JG and MR, I wish there will be a continuation of their story!
    ssssssk.jpg
    Kim Sun Ah..."I need to be touched in order for the viewers to think, “That can really happen” through my acting".
    "I give a lot of effort to nurture my heart. Whether someone calls me crazy or not, I will even go to a corner of a shooting scene to act goofy to pep myself up"

.........Translation by sassychef@dramabeans.com.........
  • mzpakipotmzpakipot Obsessed with City Hall and GuMi couple! Posts: 2,736Member
    Just wanna drop by and send some City Hall Love to yalls!
    i'm lost for words today, maybe because i'ts almost 2am.

alodia, thank you for the goodies and for some updates for the first page. You been working too hard. lol

thanks for the avatars epique!

Best Kdrama:City Hall /// Best Couple: GuMi
    UPDATING SIGGY................
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
    Status: CITY HALL DETOX /// Currently Addicted to CITY HALL Recaps by Samsooki & Team @Dramabeans
  • janegphjanegph Posts: 86Member
    Hi to all the City Hallers! I want to thank Ms Alodia...samsooki and all cityhallers...for all your comments, discussions and clarifications in helping me understand this series...Thank you...visiting this thread makes me want to watch CH again...though I can now watch another series (I am now watching Romance Zero...not quite in the caliber of CH but its alright though I didnt know any of the lead stars but because of new story each episodes its alright)
  • ellie ahnneellie ahnne Posts: 7Member
    to all CITY HALLERS...hello!!! I'm a big fan of KSA...... it's really fun to watch City Hall again en again... I really love this drama and the cast especially Kim Sun Ah,,, and my sisters love the cuteness of coun. min.. by the way I cant visit KSA soompi,unable to complete request always appear.. pls help.. thanks image
  • shin mi raeshin mi rae Posts: 208Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (Madrasta @ Aug 9 2009, 09:10 PM) »
    I am watching this with a very, very bad english sub...but it really looks interesting...but I have to wait for good sub yet...so I have to let it go for the meantime...

did you get the pirated dvds??? the ones i saw had bad translation. they didnt even call the city "inju". it was someother name, longer than inju.

go to viikii if you want to watch online. you can also check out bon for hardsubbed episodes. translations are great thanks to alodia and the city hall subbing team (hhhoooorrrrayyy!!!)

• *alodia**alodia* ? Dia ? ??....??....^^ PhilippinesPosts: 4,038Member

IDOL

edited August 2009
    QUOTE (mzpakipot @ Jul 2 2009, 09:25 AM) »
    haha! i love it, whenever i see threader's location as inju, don't be surprise if i greet you with anyeong hasimnikkha! Hi neighbor!

Why is your location not showing anymore?
    I'm not imposing you put Inju City... but i'm just curious whether is it part of the changes in soompi or you simply just removed it. i don't want to edit touch my profile coz i might loose 'my location' after I save the changes

QUOTE (icesiren @ Jul 2 2009, 10:42 AM) »
    sigh. i hope it all comes true. =) [and Jungdo becomes the next awesome, honest Mayor of Inju. i think he deserves it!]\

hee~ i was just thinking earlier what would happen to inju once mayor mi rae reached her maximum term as mayor... this is a good idea... image

QUOTE (mead33 @ Jul 2 2009, 11:07 AM) »
    Please don't end with this dancing scene, that would make the show too perfect... even the ending is perfect and beautiful, I am not sure whether I can bare to part with something this perfect and beautiful.... part of me wish that they would end with a rowdy scene, that would hopefully take away the sting of having CH end... conflicted... does that make sense?

Awww....

Seriously guys... I'm on the pages towards the final episode and you are all saying goodbye to the drama (and each other too -- oh dear! i miss those familiar names... image )... makes me sad... it's like bidding a loved one farewell for the 3rd time for me... (i first bid farewell after the last episode aired/after watching the raws, the second time i bid farewell was when we finished the subbing not too long ago, now it feels saying goodbye again - but of course i don't mind riding our roller coaster again... image
    -- ok back to back-reading mode*

QUOTE (mzpakipot @ Jul 2 2009, 12:06 PM) »
    I want to see Mi-rae (Suna-unnie) in a wedding dress with a tall, handsome man! Can it come true? not likely....with all those pictures that just came out..keke!

lalalalalalalala nilliri yanillirin nillirin mambo~ image

one thing i learned... don't answer your own question/s (esp if it's an eun sook drama) image
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    We are still recruting Korean-English Translators for I Do I Do.
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
    ★ ★ ★ UPDATES AND USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT I DO I DO ON PAGE 4 ★ ★ ★
  • berrymonsterberrymonster Posts: 984Member

IDOL

edited August 2009
    I can buy Director Cut DVD on 27 August. Do I need to inform cityhalldvd cafe that payment made?
    차승원씨는 신미래가 사랑하는 조국입니다. 연극 밖에서 그는 아내의 남편이며 두 자녀의 아버지입니다. 그는 정말로 어떤 사람입니까? 차승원씨가 조국이거나 조국이 차승원입니다. 인생은 연극과 같아요. 연극은 인생과 같아요. 미래씨는 조국 가슴에 태풍입니다. 조국 씨도 미래의 가슴에 태풍이지요. 그 <시티홀>은 나의 태풍입니다.
  • naadianaanaadianaa Posts: 49Member
    I was watching City Hall Ep 4 again (yes again! XD) just now when I realised something. I'm not sure if someone posted about this already or not (coz I havent got the time to backread yet, all 317 pages.... >_<) or if anyone even noticed it.

Anyone notice the "extra" hand supporting KSA neck? I'm pretty sure tht it's not CSW hand.

imageimage
  • epique.epique. Posts: 1,723Member

ROOKIE

edited August 2009
    ^ roflllllll~
    ahahaha, IT'S A GHOST! XD
    jkjkjk.
    I guess CSW needed some help, lol.
    I really want to buy the DVD, i love city hall ♥

oh & thanks for the compliments about my icons that I posted yesterday. ;D
    & for using and crediting too.

edit -
    YAY! my 1,600 post is here. *sigh*
  • shin mi raeshin mi rae Posts: 208Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (naadianaa @ Aug 11 2009, 08:55 AM) »
    I was watching City Hall Ep 4 again (yes again! XD) just now when I realised something. I'm not sure if someone posted about this already or not (coz I havent got the time to backread yet, all 317 pages.... >_<) or if anyone even noticed it.

Anyone notice the "extra" hand supporting KSA neck? I'm pretty sure tht it's not CSW hand.

wow. sharp eyes. that is indeed funny! are those for real???http://www.soompi.com/forums/style_images/ip.boardpr/folder_post_icons/icon6.gif
  • theLEGENDtheLEGEND ShinhwaForever6! ShinWorld!Posts: 2,219Friend of Soompi
    edited August 2009
    QUOTE (naadianaa @ Aug 11 2009, 08:55 AM) »

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/na.../CHEp04NG21.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/na.../CHEp04NG11.jpg

I don't know if you've seen the VOD/BTS of that particular scene, but you're right! It wasn't CSW's hand, in fact, that hand belongs to one of the staffs who's helping CSW in supporting KSA. image
    imageimage
    Aahahhahaa.... yeah you're right. I did some snooping around and found that mystery/ghost hand in CH Ep 04 on youtube.

Heeee.... watch mins 3.20.

City Hall Ep 04 Ghost Hand.....~
    imageimage
  • jastineljastinel Suna4life/Philippines PhilippinesPosts: 3,554Member
    Don`t quote picture`s, it`s against the rule!

If you haven`t seen the NG of that particular scene, you can find it in YT or in viikii.
    One of the crew needed to support Suna`s head, that`s why there was an extra hand there.

That is one of my fave scene in CH.
    Welcome to all the newbies...I bet this will be your home for quite sometime!
    ssssssk.jpg
    Kim Sun Ah..."I need to be touched in order for the viewers to think, “That can really happen” through my acting".
    "I give a lot of effort to nurture my heart. Whether someone calls me crazy or not, I will even go to a corner of a shooting scene to act goofy to pep myself up"

.........Translation by sassychef@dramabeans.com.........

IDOL

edited August 2009
    @naadianaa
    Good eyes... and i thought i've seen city hall a lot of times already (i mean having to rewind it numerous times while subbing - i sure can't beat jastinel of course ASIDE: I was at her place earlier, it was around 10am i believe, and guess what she was doing when i arrived - watching city hall on her pc and she's on ep3 - meaning from around 7am she already started watching from ep1 image )
    yeah aRt&musiC<3 is right. if you can see the 2009.05.26 ALMOST KISS: Jo Guk and Mi Rae (Episode 4 & 5) NG/the making you will remember the staff who is so nice for assisting mi rae (or assisting jo guk assist mi rae). but i never thought that the cam caught his hand... image

Maybe they are thinking it's fast anyway, no one would notice... (or they may have no other choice, that's the only clip they have) but cityhallers have good eyes...

QUOTE (jastinel @ Jul 2 2009, 01:05 PM) »
    Anyone notice, in the taxi MR hands was in JG`s lap in a far view, but when the cam zoom in, it was in MR lap already?

Another good pair of eyes from dear jastinel...
    just a minor continuity error...

MEDIUM SHOT: Mi Rae's hand on Jo Guk's lap

CUT TO

CLOSE UP: Mi Rae's hand on her lap

*i used to work as a continuity girl (and jastinel, i believe, used to work in the movie/tv production too, right jastinel unnie?) so my eyes are hot with even the littlest continuity error - even in mnikss.... but somehow i'm so engrossed with CITY HALL (and the wonderful acting of CSW and KSA) that i don't really notice these anymore...

it's fun looking at these little details... it just shows how many times we have seen the drama... or how engrossed we are...
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
    edited August 2009
    Talking about continuity error. Give more focus on scenes where JG hugging MR. Watch carefully where he placed his hands, you'll see some continuity error there. image I noticed those for some time already. Let me go check which episodes it involves.

Edit
    =====

Found it.

Ep 15 - Mins 51.31
    Ep 20 - Mins 03.37

Another thing, the GuMi couple didnt wear their wedding rings during JG presidential campaign. Arent they supposed to be married already?

Hahaha.... just minor things. Production probably think tht viewer will not pay much attention to it anyway. image
    imageimage

IDOL

QUOTE (etee7114 @ Jul 2 2009, 03:22 PM) »
    Then a celebration on winning presidency with Ms Bendaengi pageant #2.

QUOTE (*alodia* @ Jul 2 2009, 03:29 PM) »
    ^but you miss the calculation now.. if celebration on winning the presidency is in time with ms baendaengi2, then ms baendaengi is held every 6/7 years only?

QUOTE (etee7114 @ Jul 2 2009, 03:58 PM) »
    Alodia, you are right. Reference of bendaengi pageant #2 maybe wrong. Could be pageant # 6 or 7.

etee7114!!!!!!!!!! we were almost on the right track.... but we missed it... (you should have answered me like this instead: Alodia, you are right. Reference to 6/7 years ago only, maybe wrong. Could be pageant #2 after 1 year. Then Celebration on winning the presicency 5 years after baendaengi #2 image we could have out-witted Writer Eun Sook image )
    But heck! No one guessed Ms. Eun Sook's 1.year.later
    6.years.later
    8.years.ago
    back.to.in.between.1.year.later.and.6.years.later
    back.to.6years.later ENDING.
    001.gif002.gif

IDOL

edited August 2009
    QUOTE (naadianaa @ Aug 12 2009, 12:46 AM) »
    Found it.

Ep 15 - Mins 51.31
    Ep 20 - Mins 03.37

Another thing, the GuMi couple didnt wear their wedding rings during JG presidential campaign. Arent they supposed to be married already?

look at jo guk's hand

OMONA! Ep15 is funny... Noooo! I shouldn't have listened to you... the scene is now ruined... i'm laughing because it's again the magic hand - it's still jo guk's hand, but i was like 'how come there's a hand when there's not supposed to be a hand there. (and i'm kidding when i said the scene was ruin - nothing can ruin that scene, even cute continuity errors. image )

I noticed Ep20 while subbing it... but is not that noticeable obvious (argh! i notice yet not noticeable image)... but it's the same mistake... ha! whose fault? continuity girl? csw? (actors are supposed to remember all their actions - even the smallest one in detail - in sequence (but i dunno how they do that, you have lines to memorize, you have emotions to let out, yet you have to know if you are following your camera marker and remember all your little gestures and you have to repeat them exactly how you did it the first time for as many times as the director needs another camera angle)
    (aside: there are some actors who are just really too mov-y (they move a lot)... but i worked with a veteran actor before and he's deliberately testing continuity girls. every time we change camera angles he is changing his actions - but i got a hint already prior to working with him - so i just kept my eyes open to his amazement...)

director / cinematographer? (since both scenes are almost filmed/shot the same, maybe the asked CSW to interchange his arms/hands for mirae's camera since both scene would look awkward if you film from mi rae's camera the same position they have on jo guk's camera).

The ring was discussed a lot of time... some even have an explanation why (but i haven't reached that far yet - but i knew i read it somewhere here)

QUOTE (naadianaa @ Aug 12 2009, 12:46 AM) »
    Hahaha.... just minor things. Production probably think tht viewer will not pay much attention to it anyway. image

Yeah, they did not anticipate that someone named naadianaa would notice. image
    that was fun~
    001.gif002.gif
  • epycepyc Posts: 179Member
    It is great to see the CH thread is still alive and thriving, with so many newbies joining. Alodia's backreading and prediction picking is fun to read. Been very busy lately but coming here to read all CityHallers' thoughts is a treat to me!