Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Comments

• bujhitapexoxa89bujhitapexoxa89 anggie LIMA- PERUPosts: 488Member
    edited April 2009

thanks to sunabar for the goddies image and cyworld

Hello my dear Angie image
    how are you dear??? are you ready for THE CITY HALL kkk~~~
    i am getting ready but first have to study a lot image image image
    just 8 days and wow .............
    Please read the signature rules
  • *alodia**alodia* ? Dia ? ??....??....^^ PhilippinesPosts: 4,038Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    Darn! Is City Hall's homepage really that sloooooow to load today?
    I haven't navigated every pages, but somehow I have checked a few pages before and yes it's indeed slow but today it's just sooooo slooooow.. i've been staring to the brown background for quite some time now.

@anGGie,
    i have a pm for you, you might not have noticed it yet.. image
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    We are still recruting Korean-English Translators for I Do I Do.
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
    ★ ★ ★ UPDATES AND USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT I DO I DO ON PAGE 4 ★ ★ ★
    edited April 2009
    Hello all my sisters alodia, angie, sueyip, jastinel, mzpakipot, fiona1111 omo and where is Kim Joyan sis I miss her so much image

Kim Sun Ah (City Hall) and Kim Ah Joong (Six Months) both are going to appear on swimsuit the first episode on their respective dramas

http://news.cyworld.com/view/20090420n12721

credits:news nate

Oh sis alodia for you is really slow for me not at all just once or twice but then i refresh the page and ^^..hope yours can go quickler then....

Sorry sis alodia i just noticed hohoho maybe i am thinking on all the homework i have to do image image image image

I really love the scene where Suna was with her swimsuit and the towel xD hahaha the way she talks and also how she walks hohoho.....i am sure we will enjoy a lot with the first episode..what do you think sisters????
    edited April 2009
    'City Hall' Kim Sun Ah and Cha Seung Won, followed by 95-year-old grandmother

http://news.cyworld.com/view/20090421n04909

http://news.cyworld.com/view/20090421n05199

http://news.cyworld.com/view/20090421n05769
    credits:cyworld

Those articles, talks about: The a gradma of 95 years old visited during the filming at Incheon (the beauty competition) and mm i think is that she thanked the cast.

While the actors were really busy and tired because of a hard shot(Oh my dear Suna, hope you're taking care well of your health)...they stopped and helped the grandma with her house (that's why on the pic Suna is with that wallpaper) she and all the cast helped with the oil, wallpaper... and they Hope
    the grandma will live a long and healthy life.
    =DDD oMo they're are so cool... Wonderful heart and action from the team of ( THE CITY HALL)

IDOL

edited April 2009
    ^ oh that outfit reminds of one thing and only one thing... that thing! image

so annoying, SBS is still slow on my end... just when i'm in the mood to navigate the website... maybe it's because of my clubbox... image

===============

Ohhh Emmm Geee!!!! image
    Ok, it might just be me going excited once again... this time for the OST.

I'm starting to update the first page. While SBS website is still annoying me, I was trying to look for the title of the only song from the OST that we know.
    http://www.diodeo.com/id=entertaintv&m...&pt_code=03
    *by the way, anyone can help me? i'm not a k-pop fan so... is 정인-비지 Jung-In and Bizzy (???) the performers/singer? anyone knows the title of the song?

anyway, going back... while trying to research, I came across a blog oh no! it's not just 'a blog', it's ay_link's blog! that makes me soooo excited for the OST.

Remember angie's post about the musical director/pianist:

QUOTE (angie_2006 @ Apr 13 2009, 08:48 AM) »
    Music Director for City Hall OST – 노영심 / Roh Young Sim (pianist & composer)

(Source: Newsen)

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200904130807071002

Watch out for SBS “City Hall” soundtrack

source: jazzholic
    Watch out for SBS “City Hall” soundtrack
    April 12, 2009

OK, can’t help myself not to post this wonderful news.
    At first I honestly don’t care about the new upcoming drama, “City Hall” (starring Kim Soon Ah), but now, will have to watch it just to listen to its soundtrack. Yeah, I quietly (and madly) adore Noh Young Shim’s madness piano skills ♥♥♥

She’s truly wonderful (listen to “Alone In Love” OST if you still need a proof, oh and also, “Bad Couple” OST). She’s AWESOME! Watch her live performance @ Lee Hana’s Peppermint here

Noh Young Shim participates in “City Hall” OST… it’s gonna be a hit OST once more!

For the new SBS drama, “City Hall”, pianist Noh Young Shim is in charge as the music director as well as the whole soundtrack of the drama itself. SBS drama “City Hall” directed by PD Shin Woo Cheol, with Scriptwriter Kim Eun Suk, will be airing right after “Cain & Abel” on April 29.

In 2006, Noh Young Shim had worked in SBS “Alone In Love” OST as its music director. Her reputation has been proven, as the hit theme song, brought to you by Sweet Sorrow also received its recognition.

According to PD Shin Woo Cheol, “With Noh Young Shim on board to handle the OST, it’ll be a hit once again.”, “We hope through music, we can pass on the message of the drama to the audience… so for this, we’re working towards to achieve that goal. Noh Young Shim also expressed, “Through music and lyrics, I hope the audience can be immersed more in the drama, to help getting the message across.”

In the mean time, Noh Young Shim will be holding her own concert next month, May 20-21, with the theme of “Noh Young Shim’s May Piano”, featuring also the theme song from “City Hall”.

(Wow, with this news, I can just imagine how “City Hall” OST is going to be just like “Alone In Love”. Noh Young Shim will be able to ’sneak in’ her personal message in each note that’ll bring us such an impact - and supporting the drama as a whole at the same time. I’m now listening to “Alone In Love” OST as I write, and it’s just so…. magical. Love her!)

(Ah I wish I can attend her concert!^^)
    Posted by ay_link

another entry about our musical director

Meet Noh Young Shim
    source: jazzholic
    (go to the link to see Noh Young Shim's live performance at Peppermint)

Meet Noh Young Shim
    February 6, 2009

Some of you might be wondering right about now as to why on earth I’m posting about some random pianist. But for the piano lovers out there, this post might just be for you.

Her name is Noh Young Shim 노영심 and if you thought you’ve never heard her name before until now, well, guess again. Sure you have. Have you ever watched the superb SBS drama, “Bad Couple” starring Ryu Su Young and Shim Eun Kyung?

What about “Alone In Love” starring Son Ye Jin and Gam Woo Sung? (Btw, this drama is produced by her very own husband, Director Han Ji Seung. Read about her participation on her hubby’s movie production, 싸움 here.)

This one is from “Alone In Love“, sung by Sweet Sorrow - “No matter how I think, how much am I to you”

She’s truly wonderful, and I’m happy to have found her through the recent episode of Lee Hana’s Peppermint (Feb 6) where she was the first guest, accompanied Lee Hana on the grand piano for the first song entrance. (and Lee Hana sounds pretty good too!)

So, there we go. I was kinda surprised to find out who she is, and the excellent work that she has done through the drama soundtrack. Noh Young Shim 노영심 is the music director for “Bad Couple“, and now, while I’m listening to the OST again, especially for those instrumental tracks, I got goosebumps all over. She’s definitely the female version of Yiruma image

And for the good news is that Noh Young Shim 노영심 will be participating in the soundtrack of SBS ‘왕녀자명고’ (Princess Ja Myung Go) I’m so looking forward for both the OST and the drama now ^^

Bad Couple? Bad Couple?!!! Meaning... she did 'Saranghandamariya~'
    I'm a big big big fan of Bad Couple OST (next to MNIKSS OST). And most definitely of the 2 Saranghandamariyas (Ki Chan said and Dang Ja said versions). I really fell in love with the song. It compliments the story of the drama, and it compliments the characters. I believe javabeans even translated the songs on her blog when she was doing Bad Couple recaps. http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/07/bad-coup...said/#more-2134
    I was forever wondering what will be Mi-Rae's theme. I've always loved Sam-Soon's theme "inside my heart". Cho-Hee doesn't seem to have one (intended just for her moments, sang by a woman... i think, i can say 'useupji' is bum-sang's theme). I have a feeling Mi-Rae will have a theme of her own.
    And now I just can't believe that the one who did Bad Couple's OST is the same person who will do City Hall's OST. OMG! It's just surreal! I am sooo happy!!!!
    (those who knows how to appreciate music/piano... ahhh! she's crazy with her piano! she is! i'm really glad to finally know what her name is!)
    Now I know why there was a set of article about her. I was like, ok, so that's the musical director, so what's the big fuss... when in fact, it was indeed THE musical director!

I'm getting more and more confident with City Hall... ^^

*downloading Along In Love OST now! while listening to Bad Couple OST.
    -- now it makes me a bit sad... because i might like City Hall's ost more than MNIKSS' ost now...
    001.gif002.gif
    Get I Do I Do English Subtitles from: B.O.N F u n S u b s © ~ Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s (HanRel version)
    If you are interested please send me a message or email me at alodia4448@yahoo.com
  • riehaeriehae Pearl Sapphire BluePosts: 10,369Member

ROOKIE

Thanks for the updates.
    I have some catching up to do for the 2 months of no internet connection.
    anyhow, new drama...
    Once Again the Album Kings
    5TH ALBUM COMEBACK
    S--U--P--E--R--J--U--N--I--O--R

IDOL

edited April 2009
    I just found out (sorry, just doing the updates today) that the producer is Lee Hyun Jik (이현직).
    He was actually in the drama H.I.T. but i can't remember what is his role...

---
    Yey! finally my sbs is loading properly! it's my clubbox slowing down my connection. hehehe
    001.gif002.gif
  • angie_2006angie_2006 Posts: 491Member

ROOKIE

@anggie
    Thanks for the news article. So touched by The City Hall team kindness in helping the 95-year-old grandmother despite their busy schedule. Well done!

@alodia
    Thanks for the detailed information about the Musical Director for The City Hall.
    This makes me even more excited about the OST image

ROOKIE

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (*alodia* @ Apr 21 2009, 10:12 AM) »
    Ohhh Emmm Geee!!!! image
    Ok, it might just be me going excited once again... this time for the OST.

I'm starting to update the first page. While SBS website is still annoying me, I was trying to look for the title of the only song from the OST that we know.
    http://www.diodeo.com/id=entertaintv&m...&pt_code=03
    *by the way, anyone can help me? i'm not a k-pop fan so... is 정인-비지 Jung-In and Bizzy (???) the performers/singer? anyone knows the title of the song?

Hi alodia, I don't know Korean language.
    But, noted that these words '그래 나를 믿자' appeared in the corresponding news articles about The City Hall OST (including the news article I initially posted at pg 19 of this thread). Could it be the title of the song? Not sure if it's of help. image

Here's another article on the presscon day.
    Source: Cyworld & HanKyung.com

• sueyipsueyip Posts: 3,588Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    I really love the scene where Suna was with her swimsuit and the towel xD hahaha the way she talks and also how she walks hohoho.....i am sure we will enjoy a lot with the first episode..what do you think sisters????

Agree. Suna was absolutely cute and adorable. I especially love the way she
    wrapped the towel around her - sooooo sexy and that walk .... who can imitate that?
    Wow - that is indeed SUNA.

Those articles, talks about: The a gradma of 95 years old visited during the filming at Incheon (the beauty competition) and mm i think is that she thanked the cast.

Cannot quite understand what was written but does it mean that Suna and the rest
    of the cast actually helped the 95 year old grandma to do up her place? That's real
    sweet of Suna and the cast and no wonder this grandma went to the filming location
    to see them. City Hall has already won a great fan!
  • saranghae<3saranghae<3 ???? Posts: 3,479Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited April 2009
    Found more pictures from Sunabar. I think they are posted on SBS City Hall website.
    SunAh's expression is so cute<3
    Eating kimchi? the ajummah at the back (the one staring at Sun Ah) was also in On Air.
    EEKK~~~ Sun Ah & Seung Won!<3

credits: Kim Sun Ah Baidu Bar~

I made 2 avies. I'll make more later~
    image image
    boabanner.gif scent.gif
  • pmmonkeypmmonkey King Kong from Inju City Posts: 122Member
    Ahhh... 8 more days to City Hall (7 more days to last exam paper image )
    I'm currently too bored studying for my level 2 Japanese exam.
    Just needed that little dosage of City Hall and Suna to kill boredom.

The second thing I'm gonna love about this drama would be the OST. (I'm an instrumental lover, other than ballad and acoustics.)
    The first, Suna as the main cast. I'm so loving Suna and CSW's chemistry. They make such a lovely pair although CSW is married. I think maybe both are really playful which makes them well matched.
    Not sure if I'm gonna like the PD and writer. I enjoyed On Air slightly, but the frustration in it is somewhat unbearable. Never watched Lovers in Paris and Lovers in Prague, but my friend told me that Lovers in Paris is nice.

The frustrations of waiting... image
    It must be well worth all this waiting!!
    (._.)

IDOL

edited April 2009
    awww... this is so cute!
    they put up...

a Cyworld for Mi Rae!
    Mi-Rae's Blog

http://www.cyworld.com/cityhall2009

If this will be updated regularly... this is going to be so sweet and cool!
    I loooove it! It feels sooo cute! Those who are doing cyworld here would understand... wow! this is really cool!

Awww... Mirea wrote something on her blog yesterday.. and another one today... but of course I couldn't understand it.
    Would they keep this updated until the airing?
    Are we going to be able to read Mi Rae's thoughts as the drama progresses?
    It would be really cool to be able to read (ifonlywecanunderstandit) her thoughts, let's say, about Jo Gook's arrival in Inju, about her rehearsals for the Ms.Baendaengi contest, about her falling in love with Jo Gook... how i wish Mirae speaks in english! hahaha!
    001.gif002.gif
  • forevergirlforevergirl under the seaPosts: 5,677Moderator

excited bout this drama, but right now, IM an Cain and Abel addict... lolz
    PLS KINDLY DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES/VIDEO, USE SPOILER TAG FOR 2 OR MORE PHOTO/VIDEO.
    READ AND FOLLOW KDRAMA & MOVIES RULE HERE

ROOKIE

Thanks saranghae<3, alodia & our lovely friends at sunabar.com for the goodies & updates.
    A Cyworld for Mi Rae! That's so cool!
    I love Suna's expression, her cuteness is absolutely natural & effortless. image image image
    Started to warm up TVants for it's going to be show time pretty soon image

• kdramafanusakdramafanusa Posts: 10,039Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (kdramafanusa @ Apr 21 2009, 02:44 AM) »
    Source: The Korea Times 04-21-2009 17:25

'City Hall' to Bring Public Officials to TV

By Han Sang-hee
    Staff Reporter

Actors Cha Seung-won, left, and Kim Sun-ah pose for the cameras at the press conference of the new drama “The City Hall.” The two actors will play public officials, both vying for success and of course, love. The drama will start airing at 10 p.m. on April 29 on SBS. / Yonhap

The makers of hit dramas and some of Korea's favorite actors are getting together to bring the life, passion and love of public officials working at city hall.

Created by producer Shin Woo-chul and writer Kim Eun-sook, who brought hit television series such as "Lovers in Paris'' (2004), "Lovers in Prague'' (2005) and "On Air'' (2008), the new drama "The City Hall'' portrays the story of public officials working in a small town finding their way to success, plus a bit of romance along the way.

"We were not going for a political drama. We just wanted to talk about people, and a lot of them, and that's how we set the backdrop in a city hall. The drama will be about people we meet and see everyday,'' said the producer at a press conference held in Incheon.

Kim Sun-ah, 33, who played the quirky and lovable character Sam-soon in the hit drama "My Lovely Sam-soon,'' will appear as Shin Mi-rae, a low-ranking official who's been making coffee for her superiors for the last seven years. Her life takes a turn when she wins a pageant and later becomes the mayor. Her name literally means "the new future.''

"Shin is the brightest, cutest and most lovable character I've ever portrayed. But, to be honest, it was also the hardest drama I've ever worked on. I was able to focus on acting only because my counterpart was so great,'' Kim, who surprised reporters with her slimmer figure, said.

The counterpart Kim mentioned is model-turned-actor Cha Seung-won.

"There was nothing particularly difficult, but it was hard to be hit in the head so many times,'' Cha said, laughing.

The 38 39-year-old actor has returned to the small screen after seven six years as a smart and passionate official named Cho Guk, which means "home country,'' dreaming of becoming the next president. Expectations are naturally high.

"Of course I'm happy to be back. It's been a while but I think I've learned to release the stress of working on dramas. We have so many talented actors, and it really means a lot to be working with them happily for this series,'' he said.

Famous for their comic characters, the two actors will be able to show their funny sides, as the writer herself said that the soap was going to be her funniest work.

"This drama is really a romantic comedy. I had a difficult time understanding the true meaning of humor in the past, but I've finally overcome my difficulty,'' Kim said, smiling.

Known for her quick and catchy lines in her previous dramas, starring top actresses such as Kim Jung-eun (Lovers in Paris), Kim Hee-sun Jeon Do-yeon (Lovers in Prague) and Kim Ha-neul (On Air), the writer said that she always left some space for the actors to fill in themselves.

"When they have a space within the script where they can experiment, it really makes a difference. The script for this drama also offers that and both Kim and Cha said they were thrilled,'' she added.

Despite the colorful characters and the catchy names, the title "The City Hall'' still begs the image of a political drama, and both the producer and writer made sure that they made their points clear.

"Politics just happened to appear because of the backdrop. But that's not what the series is about. I wanted to show our ideals: ideal mayors, politicians and public officials as ordinary people, just like us,'' Kim said.

"The City Hall'' will start airing April 29 at 10 p.m. on SBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

IDOL

edited April 2009
    Mi Rae's Cyworld
    English Guide
    DISCLAIMER: This is not Kim Sun Ah's Cyworld. It's a fictional Cyworld for the lead character of City Hall, Shin Mi Rae.

http://www.cyworld.com/cityhall2009

The title of the blog is 나는 새로운 미래다 (naneun saeroun miraeda) which means "I am the New Future".
    And we all know that Mi Rae's full name 신미래 (Shin Mi Rae) means New Future if taken literally.

Mi Rae's Profile
    - 내 소개 - About Me
    - the rest are still empty

Mi Rae's Day
    - 미래 다이어리 - Mi Rae's Diary (It's in calendar form. If a number on the calendar is bold, it means she made a diary entry on that particular date)
    - 엄마를피하는101가지방법 - 101 ways to avoid (your) mom
    Anyone knows anything about Mi Rae's mother and their relationship? We will see soon. But on this section she is writing 101 ways to avoid (her) mother...
    so far she wrote 2 chapters already. image

Mi Rae's Interest
    - empty at the moment

City Hall Guide
    - empty at the moment

Videos
    - self explanatory

Guestbook
    - as long as you have a (Korean) Cyworld account, you can leave a guestbook entry.

How i wish someone can translate this cyworld regularly... at least Mi Rae's Diary

*last updated:
    April 21, 2009
    thanks to es623 for some translation help
    001.gif002.gif
  • jastineljastinel Suna4life/Philippines PhilippinesPosts: 3,554Member
    Wow, so many updates, up to now there are few clips from the press con that is coming out, like this one
    from Baidu.

http://tieba.baidu.com/%BD%F0%C9%C6%D1%C5/...2bfb3447bd5bd9/

Look at the interaction of our new fave couple...look at Cha, (3:30-3:36) notice anything?
    My imagination is running wild again....hehehe

I think Suna and Kim Ah Jong are equally sexy and talented, but Suna is more beautiful and she has a strong charisma. I really...really love to see her in a swim suit, I may sound like a pervert but I really admire Suna`s body.

Thanks Dia for my SBS acct!

Hi Angie, Anggie, Helena, Sueyip, mzpakipot, pmmonkey, saranghae<3, forevergirl!
    ssssssk.jpg
    Kim Sun Ah..."I need to be touched in order for the viewers to think, “That can really happen” through my acting".
    "I give a lot of effort to nurture my heart. Whether someone calls me crazy or not, I will even go to a corner of a shooting scene to act goofy to pep myself up"

.........Translation by sassychef@dramabeans.com.........
  • sueyipsueyip Posts: 3,588Member

IDOL

CODE
    Look at the interaction of our new fave couple...look at Cha, (3:30-3:36) notice anything?
    My imagination is running wild again....hehehe

I noticed that too, jastinel. I know what you mean - reminds me
    of KBS eyeing CH - hahaha. Really looking forward to the 4.29.

IDOL

edited April 2009
    SBS website detailed guide (soon!)

(my head hurts being on the city hall website the whole day!
    oops! i guess they are updating the website, photos from cain and abel suddenly appeared on the photo section image )
    001.gif002.gif