Date of birth : April 19th, 1971
Education : Department of Musical Composition, Seoul National University
Physique : 174cm, 53kg
Blood type : A
Hobbies : Collecting shoes, looking for good restaurants
Talents : Musical composition, basketball
Favorite food : Anything made with flour

BIOGRAPHY
Yoo Hee-yeol is producer and song-writer who leads “Toy,” a one-man band that originally started out as a duo. Yoo Hee-yeol first appeared in the local pop music scene by winning the grand prize at the 4th Yoo Jae-ha Music Contest held in 1992 with the song “The Moonlight Song.” Yoo is also the producer of many hit albums like the ones by Lee Seung-hwan, Yoon Jong-shin, Lee Sora and Lee Moon-se. Originally, Toy was a duo as which Yoo Hee-yeol performed with Yoon Jeong-oh. However, Yoon Jeong-oh left the band to study overseas and since 1996, the band has been maintained as a one-man band by the sole member Yoo Hee-yeol. The title song of the band’s second official album, “Remember I Was Next to You” sung by Kim Yeon-woo was a big hit making the band’s name known in the pop music world. From then on, Yoo Hee-yeol didn’t sing the songs in his albums. Instead, he invited singers like Kim Yeon-woo, Kim Hyung-joong, Lee Jang-woo, Yoon Jong-shin, Kim Jang-hoon, Jinu and Byeon Jae-won to sing the songs in his albums. In July, 1999, Yoo Hee-yeol published a book of illustrations entitled “In Front of a Familiar House” receiving good response from his fans. The album released under the same title of the book was filled with many instrumental tracks in various genres in which he showed off his talent in musical composition. Emotional melodies, well-organized arrangement and true love stories mix well together in Yoo Hee-yeol’s songs. Besides from music, Yoo Hee-yeol also performed actively as the host of “Yoo Hee-yeol’s Music City,” a radio show that went on the airwaves from 1999 to March in 2001.

Fans may wonder why it took so long - six and a half years - for You Hee Yeol's project group Toy to make a comeback. The reason behind the hiatus lies in You's struggle over the conflict between his artistic vision and his ambition for mainstream success. You spent most of his off years embarking on a spiritual journey that brought him to a new plateau of musical enlightenment. The title of the album expresses You's personal gratitude towards the nameless people he encountered along his mind-awakening journey and inspirations that enabled him to return to music. He has much more to give thanks for as Thank You has been greeted with enthusiastic reception.

DISCOGRAPHY
- In My Heart (1st album, 1993) : Childhood Days, In My Heart, Smile Now, In Your Face, On a Sunny Day, Good Night
- Tales for Adults (2nd album, 1996) : Love, Every Time, A Sad Story, A Black and White Picture, A Drunk Confession, First Kiss, Tales for Adults, Billy's Bar, Moving Day, 23rd Birthday
- Present (3rd album, 1997) : Present Part I (Melody...), A Wish, Confession, How Are You, Starting Again, The Last Romantist
- A Night In SEOUL (4th album, 1999) : A Night in SEOUL, An Unbelievable Time, Asking for Love, Dawn Landscape, We Might Have, My Untold Story, Please, Lullaby
- Fermata (5th album, 2001) : Fermata, You Are Looking So Far Away, The One I Like, If I Were Your Boyfriend, When We Meet Again, Complex, Last Song
- Thank You (6th album, 2007) :

MUSIC VIDEOS
- 뜨거운안녕 (A Passionate Goodbye)
- 여름날 (Summer Day)
- 즐거운 나의 하루

LINKS
Official Website : http://www.toymusic.co.kr/
Daum Cafe : http://cafe.daum.net/toy/

c: KBS World + YahooKR/Daum + Youtube+ adikkeluangman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Hee-yeol Hosts a New Music Show

2009-04-22

20090422003927585g60950.jpg

Acclaimed musician Yoo Hee-yeol will host a new KBS music show titled “Yoo Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook.” This program follows “Lee Hana’s Peppermint,” which aired its last episode last week.

Having debuted in 1994, Yoo is better known as the leader of a project group, Toy, which invites guest singers for every album. Yoo has kept a low profile on TV, opting to host intimate and music-oriented radio shows instead of appearing on TV programs. He was apparently nervous before the first filming, but wrapped it up like a real professional. He said that he’ll try his best to remain steadfast and true to his music. When asked why he decided to host a TV show after all these years, he answered that he needed to try something new and venture out to the wider world of TV. But he promised to leave the show, if he ever strays away from the course and becomes stale.

The first episode of “Yoo Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook” will be aired on April 24th on KBS 2TV, featuring such noted guest musicians as Lee Seung-hwan, Lee So-ra, and Kim Jnag-hoon.

c: KBS Global

• 1 year later...
Guest adikkeluangman

PD Na Young Suk originally wanted Yoo Hee Yeol for “1 Night 2 Days”

PP11031600005.JPG

On March 14th, PD Na Young Suk of KBS’s “1 Night 2 Days” guested on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Radio Heaven” (89.1 MHz) and made a surprise confession about how he tried to cast Yoo Hee Yeol as the newest member of his show.

“I tried at first to cast Yoo Hee Yeol as the newest member. Aside from making calls, there are only two celebrities that I met personally with, and they are none other than Uhm Tae Woong and Yoo Hee Yeol,” he explained.

Na even revealed that he had gone to the recording set for “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” in an attempt to meet with him, despite being told by Yoo Hee Yeol’s representatives that he had declined the offer. Although Yoo joked at first that his stamina wouldn’t be able to keep up, he later explained that having to film for a variety show late at night was a burden to his schedule.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/pd-na-young-suk-originally-wanted-yoo-hee-yeol-for-1-night-2-days

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jambrenk

heyy,,do you know the song that park sae byul sing in sketchbook episode Episode 77 10-12-2010(Lyn, Lee Juck, Park Sae Byul and Sweet Sorrow)  after sweet sorrow sings sting shape of my heart sting,?

• 2 years later...
Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star 3' finalists give tips to contestants of the upcoming season on how to win the judges' hearts
10365548_638134872939384_260504424777249'K-Pop Star 3' Top 10 finalists gave their tips to the 'K-Pop Star 4' contestants on how to win the hearts of the judges!
For judge Yang Hyun Suk, the finalists shared their pointers.
Jjarimongddang: "Rather than focusing on singing ability, judge Yang Hyun Suk looks at charisma. As you can tell from looking at his agency artists Big Bang, 2NE1, and more, he prefers confidence, charisma, and natural talent."
Jang Ha Na: "CEO Yang Hyun Suk surprisingly likes when you groove along to the rhythm with cute motions."
Kwon Jin Ah: "Judge Yang Hyun Suk is a man with a soft spot for young contestants who he can't look at cold-heartedly like the 'daughter's fool' image that he shows on broadcast sometimes... He is surprisingly weak when it comes to aegyo."
615440_640566396029565_22628048345030152

Judge J.Y. Park:
Bernard Park: "Showing that you're fixing the habits that they point out is important... Although it was always difficult to 'let your shoulders loose while singing', he looked fondly at the way I tried to fix it little by little, and it became a big help to honing my singing skills."
Nam Young Joo: "Judge J.Y. Park likes a person who takes responsibility for the stage rather than someone who sings well... Only when you make the stage your own with your feelings, expressions, and movements along to the song can you receive compliments."
Heejun: "[J.Y. Park] is the one who judges the music theory aspect [of the performance] the most meticulously, so if you miss a note, beat, or emotion, he points it out immediately... If you make eye contact with him while singing, you can lose your footing [musically], so the secret to success is avoiding eye contact with judge J.Y. Park."
Judge Yoo Hee Yeol:
Kwon Jin Ah: "Judge Yoo Hee Yeol focuses on singing with emotion more, so that music technique... You need to share your story through the music rather than singing as if it was just for an audition."
Jung Sae Woon: "Judge Yoo Hee Yeol likes it the most when you sing your story honestly... I remember how he stressed the importance of defining what type of music you want to pursue."
Heejun: "If judge Yang Hyun Suk likes a unique image and J.Y. Park likes a correct image, then Yoo Hee Yeol places the most importance on a natural image... Showing judge Yoo Hee Yeol the reason why you want to pursue music and what kind of music you want to do is a very important point."
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/k-pop-star-3-finalists-give-tips-to-contestants-of-the-upcoming-season-on-how-to-win-the-judges-hearts

• 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[K-POPSTAR4] Yoo Hee Yeol tears 'Come Again Next Time...' @K팝스타 시즌4: 

Or something like that. I think this clip during the elimination time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

‘K-Pop Star 4’ to Begin Filming on October 17
K-Pop Star 4 will be taking a step forward in production. 
A broadcast affiliate told Newsen on October 13, “SBS’ survival audition K-Pop Star 4 will begin filming on October 17.”
78081002.jpg

According to the affiliate, the first filming will be attended by YG’s Yang Hyun Suk, JYP’s Park Jin Young and Antenna Music’s Yoo Hee Yeol, who will judge the participants who have passed the preliminaries. 
Starting with preliminary audition in America, Oceania, Europe and Asia, which began at the end of July, K-Pop Star 4 launched the audition in Gwangju on August 16, Busan on 23, Seoul on 30 and 31, Daegu on September 13 and Seoul on 20.
SBS’s K-Pop Star provides systematic training and opportunity to debut for selected participants dreaming to become singers. It also features YG’s Yang Hyun Suk, JYP’s Park Jin Young, Antenna Music’s Yoo Hee Yeol as the judges.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/78081/kpopstar4-to-begin-filming

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

The 1st round recording of 'K-Pop Star 4' finished successfully
20141023172339_5448bb0a8c1d4_1.jpg

The 1st round recording of 'K-Pop Star 4' was finished successfully.
Channel SBS' 'K-Pop Star Season 4' will premiere next month, and the first round recording was held from October 17th until 20th at SBS Prism Tower.
Yang Hyun Seok, Park Jin Young, and Yoo Hee Yeol participated as examiners, and a great number of participants from all over the world participated.
The three examiners also participated in the audition with huge passion.
Yang Hyun Seok and Park Jin Young, who have participated in 'K-Pop Star' from Season 1, gave sharp critiques for all of the participants, and Yoo Hee Yeol also led the audition smoothly.
A representative of the production team said, "Many people are showing even greater anticipation for 'K-Pop Star 4,' and we are also doing our best to show the best audition ever."
Meanwhile, 'K-Pop Star Season 4' will premiere in November.
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=334828

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star 4' unveils stills of its judge panel ahead of premiere this month
J.Y. Park, Yang Hyun Suk, and Yoo Hee Yeol reunited to take their seats on the judge panel for 'K-Pop Star 4'!
yoo-hee-yeol-jy-park-yang-hyun-suk_14150

The trio kicked off the 1st round of finals at SBS Prism Tower in Mapogu, Seoul last month. The judges each expressed their thoughts regarding this new season, with J.Y. Park sharing, "I am very much looking forward to and thrilled about the contestants that will appear this [season]." Yang Hyun Suk added, "I've sincerely thought about how to judge each season, and each time, my approach is a bit different... I think I will be more honest this season." Yoo Hee Yeol also expressed his intent to give more constructive criticism.
'K-Pop Star 4' will premiere on November 23 at 4:50 PM KST!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/11/k-pop-star-4-unveils-stills-of-its-judge-panel-ahead-of-premiere-this-month

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yang Hyun Suk Explains the Differences Between “K-Pop Star” and “Superstar K”
Yang Hyun Suk, a judge of SBS’ survival show “K-Pop Star” and the CEO of YG Entertainment, has shared his opinion on the differences between two leading survival programs, “K-Pop Star” and “Superstar K.”
On November 17, Yang Hyun Suk attended the press conference of “K-Pop Star 4,” which is set to premiere later this week. During the event, he explained, “The shows are fundamentally different. ‘Superstar K’ picks talented singers, while ‘K-Pop Star’ follows the format of an audition for a talent agency, in which singers are evaluated, discovered, and prepared for debut.”
Yoo Hee Yeol added, “‘Superstar K’ feels polished and it lets the vocalists’ colors shine, where as we focus on growth. We think of the singers’ prospective position in the music industry if they were to debut. Even if they are clumsy on stage, we draw a larger picture by evaluating their ability to communicate through music.”
Park Jin Young shared his opinion, “If you are not natural, you will be eliminated [from 'K-Pop Star']. If you sing like you talk, you will make it. If other audition shows are about singing skills, ‘K-Pop Star’ is about being natural.”
The fourth season of “K-Pop Star” will premiere on November 23 at 4:50 p.m.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/16/yang-hyun-suk-explains-the-differences-between-k-pop-star-and-superstar-k/

Archived