Lee Seo-jin Dumps Kim Jung-eun

Guest brniz

Aww :(

kje-lsj22.jpg

Say it ain't so!

One of the most openly affectionate couples in the K-entertainment sphere, who were largely expected to announce wedding plans sometime soon (possibly even this year), has instead broken it off.

Kim Jung-eun and Lee Seo-jin started dating while filming the 2006 SBS drama Lovers, and had been going strong ever since. In the two years they had been dating, they were one of a few celebrity couples who were open about their relationship status (many others choose to be coy, denying rumors even when they're obvious to the public), and were occasionally seen in public on dates together. Both stars were effusive in praise about the other, and Lee Seo-jin even appeared on Kim Jung-eun's variety show (Chocolate) to

serenade her with a love song, singing the same love theme that marked their characters' romance in the drama Lovers. The two traveled to the U.S. together as recently as this summer, and shot a fashion spread together in New York in September.

kje-lsj6.jpg kje-lsj23.jpg kje-lsj24.jpg

So it's a bit of a shock to hear from Kim Jung-eun's own lips that the couple is no more. She admitted it in press interviews on November 22, saying she couldn't keep lying to the public further — the split occurred at the end of October. It's particularly surprising since the couple hadn't given signs of much trouble or fighting leading up to this news.

Kim confessed that it was a one-sided decision; Lee initiated the breakup, which came as a shock to her. She fought tears as she conducted her interview, saying, "It felt like I'd been in an unexpected car accident" and "I felt like I'd been shot."

She admits that it's difficult dealing with the shock of the breakup, and had just begun work on her new series General Hospital 2 when Lee dumped her. The drama just began airing this Wednesday on MBC.

I'm sure there are two sides to every story (although I wonder if Lee will suffer more, since he already had a bit of a rep for cool breakups), but still: AWW.

Credits: doangA.com + dramabeans

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruthie08

wow how could he and he's not even that goodlooking?! oh wells, hope kje will find a better and much deserving guy than this loser. what happened again between him and hyori? dang, this guy just really got lucky!

Guest Kiss Me

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lee Seo Jin, NOOOO! How can you dump Kim Jung Eun.

You guys were an absolutely wonderful couple :(

Hope Jung Eun feels better soon....

Best of luck to them

Guest averlyn

O___________o?!

Wow! What?! That's really shocking.

Call me dumb or whatever, but I always thought they were already married. To realise that they aren't, and broke up already?! Double shock.

Poor Jung Eun! She seems to be equally shocked too. Hope she'll feel better soon, though I doubt it'll be easy.

Awww....I'm so sad to hear this

I just love them being together and I love this couple more when DBSK said they met them together at Japan

That's so cute

S.A.D.~ She deserves a much better guy...Through the words of what she felt, it shows how sad she was

when he asked for break-up...I just hope she will be fine soon...

OMG

say WAT???

seriouly????

but...:(

i hope she find someone for her soon, and be happy.

:(

it said in an article that his mom had something to do with the break up.

heard he's a momma's boy -_-

his mom didnt like hyori either

wat seriously????

:(

:blink:

aw....

rite now since i havent heard his side of the story

i feel for jung eun unnie

i guess it was just not meant to be

still i was looking forward for their wedding

aish...

this is sad