Korean And Japanese Face Products

Guest moonyah

Guest moonyah

which is more effective?
Hey soompiers !

i was wondering if allt eh experts can help me:) i want to know which products are better and more recognized for their face products? Japan or Korea?

Japanese brands: Shiseido, SK-II?, Kose, Kanebo..i only know of these ^^

Korean brands: Charmzone, Laneige, Amore, Dr.eslee, etc

please and thankyoui:)

Guest Tomoko3275

i guess it all depends on what you're looking for...? like what specific face problems you have.

but either way, its always going to vary from person to person because everyone's genes are different and such... :sweatingbullets:

sorry, i'm not much help but... right now i'm using shiseido for skincare but i'm using korean brand makeup products... ^_^

Guest mugendai

it varies.....you should just choose the brand that suits your skin and not which country a brand is from.

but i would say japanese makeup brands are more well known

Guest SeJin88

My mom has been using laneige..

Laneige has loads of products to cater for diff needs.

BUT~they all seem not really effective...

for exp, my mom bought a 'pore trouble moisturizer', its for oily and big pores....and it states on the bottle it helps to kill acne , make pores smaller and stuff, it does work a little, but the results are not really visible...

There's another example, 'star white moisturizer', its to whiten skin...but its not really effective compared to other brands..

HOWEVER, there's one very good thing abt laneige, all the moisturizers are moisturizing and is readily absorbed by the skin, yea, its fast =D.....

just that the stated 'specific functions' that this bottle of laniege product could do arent really satisfactory ..if u get what I mean HAHA

Personally, most of the Japanese and Korean skincare I have tried have so much fragrance and harsh for me that it stripped my skin of moisture and clogged my pores.But when used twice a week, I liked Kose (Medica White line) and Enprani.

One of my favourite moisturizers was HABA VC Lotion (a liquid toner like moisturizer) which is a Japanese line. It really made my skin smooth and clarified it, takes about 4-6 weeks to see a difference.

Guest Tonyc402

If you want to know which is more well known then it would definately be Japanese since you mostly see Japanese facial products internationally. As for being more effective its hard to say since everyone has different skin types.

Guest moonyah

hananko^ i'm not discriminating anything. i jsut wanna find out about others opinions.

i'm usign korean lines right now but my mom said japanese would be better and more wellknown .

Guest goomstooms

I don't know much about Korean face products, but if you're looking for Japanese face products, I would suggest SKII and Shiseido. Those are the best brands that I know of and they really work.

Guest mineforkeeps.

I think Japanese products are more popular than Korean products -- especially their sunscreens. To add to those that you've mentioned: Fancl, Boscia (started and owned by Fancl), Sofina, and DHC are also fairly popular as well.

Guest Cinelli

it varies.....you should just choose the brand that suits your skin and not which country a brand is from.

but i would say japanese makeup brands are more well known

I agree. I have an aunt who is well known here in new york and jersey b/c of her awesome products. Well they're not really hers. :sweatingbullets: she orders the best korean and japanese products, but the japanese ones are well known. the korean products she says are gentle and make your face subtle, the japanese products tend to give you porcelain-like skin. trust me, customers keep comin back and they look better every time! how can i tell? you're supposed to get ur photo taken when u first come in, and as time progresses, u can see how much ur skin has improved! :):):):)

Guest moonyah

^ oh that soudns os intersting !

what brands does your autns custoemrs use?

i have pores and occasionally pimples during teh time of the month

Guest lady_muimui

Different skin types work differently. For example, Shiseido products does NOT go well with my skin, yet a lot of people here seems to have no problem with it. I think it's best to just try things out until you find what is right for you.

Guest inspired04

i use some dr eslee products (the enzyme face wash & the skin control mild)...it's pretty good. the acne gel works well too. & i heard kose is good for whitening.

Archived