Boyfriend Cussing/cursing At You?

Guest aiyashisuey

Guest aiyashisuey

Acceptable?
For all you fellas and ladies out there, what do you think about the boyfriend cussing at his girlfriend when hes angry? Is it acceptable? What would you guys do?

My current boyfriend always cusses at me when he gets extremely frustrated with me. I usually try not to cuss back and have done a good job restraining myself. I told him it was really disrespectful, but he says hes not being disrespectful and that hes just being himself. He says that I don't love him if I don't understand that the fact he cusses while hes frustrated is inherent in his nature. However, I find it extremely disrespectful and I told him numerous times that I didn't want to be treated that way.But he insists otherwise.

Any advice?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleepy213

I dont believe in..cussing at girlfriend. If i had one.

I remeber when I accidently did. I felt sooo badd and wanted to take it back.

If it randomly pops out..I would apologize.

but I dont think cussing or cursing solves anything but more drama.

I'm into solving things out more.

You should tell him to act straight.

i don't have a bf...but i can understand why boyfriends would cuss when they're angry...just like many girls when they're angry...usually when people get angry they go all out so they don't think twice before they open their mouth...

i'm actually happy that you are able to control yourself in such situation...because it'll only get worse if both parties lash out at each other...

but yeah, if he's considerate and realizes that when he cuss at you but you don't cuss back, hopefully he'll realize how good of a gf you are and feel bad that he even cussed

Guest foreverursVi

For all you fellas and ladies out there, what do you think about the boyfriend cussing at his girlfriend when hes angry? Is it acceptable? What would you guys do?

My current boyfriend always cusses at me when he gets extremely frustrated with me. I usually try not to cuss back and have done a good job restraining myself. I told him it was really disrespectful, but he says hes not being disrespectful and that hes just being himself. He says that I don't love him if I don't understand that the fact he cusses while hes frustrated is inherent in his nature. However, I find it extremely disrespectful and I told him numerous times that I didn't want to be treated that way.But he insists otherwise.

Any advice?

two words: "dump him"

that is no way to treat a girl or a person for that matter. its apparent he doesn't respect you enough.

That's an unacceptable excuse. Compromise is part of a relationship and so is understanding what the other party wants. Cussing is something that's easy to give up. Personally, my friends and I casually cuss at each other, but my bf found it disrespectful when I did it to him and I stopped that immediately. And I expect the same from him now.

Guest Oh My Mochi

Personally, I find it really rude when people I don't know curse at me all of a sudden--it'd be even worse if it was my bf. :/ He should refrain from doing it to you.

Guest jbigdog123

He says that I don't love him if I don't understand that the fact he cusses while hes frustrated is inherent in his nature.

Then you should tell him that he doesn't love you because he doesn't understand how he is being disrespectful toward you when he curses at you.

Yeah its unacceptable, i admit i do cuss only when im extremely angry (rarely) unlike my ex who cusses at me everyday which makes me sad :[

Guest chopstick^^

Even if he says its inherited.. he can change... he has that power too restrain from cussin... its called self-control! ... i bet he wasnt like that before right? .. until u got to knw him more.. he changed.. n this is the real him!

If he loves u enough then he wouldnt do things to hurt ur feelings!

Guest Joanne <3

That's an unacceptable excuse. Compromise is part of a relationship and so is understanding what the other party wants. Cussing is something that's easy to give up.

I completely agree.

I would not tolerate a boyfriend cussing at me. I find it very disrespectful and degrading. "Being himself" and "cussing being inherent in his nature" is no excuse for behaving that way.

Guest PhuongNguyen

I would understand if the situation/fight were REALLY bad to the point that they can't control their anger. But if it's on a normal occasion then no. He's not only disrespecting you... you're disrespecting yourself also for letting him treat you that way. Tell him to drop the mini cooper or dump his richard simmons. You don't need those kind of richard simmons in your life.

The whole "that's just who I am" is just bullcrap. You should cuss him out and see how he'll like being disrespected. I can bet you he won't like it. And he sure is a hypocrite. You got to compromise for him, but he can't for you? IF HE UNDERSTAND YOU, then he would realize you don't want to be treated like that.

He's cussing at you because he can. Why should he change when you constantly forgive his action? He doesn't even bother to say sorry, what a mofo. Guys like that are just trash, throw them out because they just stink up your life. Tell him to go back to his mother to teach him some manner.

Guest nowayin

My bf has never cursed at me just because he is angry or frustrated.

On the other hand I'm actually the one who does it to him, but we had a talk, so I actually stopped doing it!

But I think it is very rude for him to be cursing at you..

Archived