Improving and shaping your jawline

yumix

Hello :)

I dont know if this was already posted already , but I was curious if there is actually a way to exercise your face to improve your face shape and jawline and chin to look more "V"?.I've heard stories where u can define your jawline to make it so, but yes I was curious if there are links to it.

And before you go and say anything, I am fairly happy with my face shape.

I don't know if these example photos help but I found these over the net of the model Park Yong Hee. I'm not sure if it's surgery or not, but if you notice her old photos, she had more of a rounder chin or slightly bigger jawline compared to her current image. I'm not sure if its mainly ps or surgery, but hope you guys understand better at what I mean by pointier face.

before

21840135159142713211517.jpg

21840135159146713311517.jpg

after

21840135159174714011517.jpg

yong.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Guest Batgirl

It's the lighting.

Some quick makeup ways is matte bronzer to create the shadow and highlighter above the bronzer

Hmmm... I know PYH is already very skinny, but maybe she lost weight (overall) after those first pictures? Her face definitley looks a lot slimmer in the second set of pictures, and I don't know much about target weight loss.

Sorry I can't help out. :( But some advice is the same as mentioned: bronzer! Makeup is certainly amazing. I suggest looking up tutorials for applying bronzer (there's a really good one here on Soompi using black eyeshadow...) I recommend tracking that down. :)

Hmmm... I know PYH is already very skinny, but maybe she lost weight (overall) after those first pictures? Her face definitley looks a lot slimmer in the second set of pictures, and I don't know much about target weight loss.

Sorry I can't help out. :( But some advice is the same as mentioned: bronzer! Makeup is certainly amazing. I suggest looking up tutorials for applying bronzer (there's a really good one here on Soompi using black eyeshadow...) I recommend tracking that down. :)

It could be a possibility...but i dont need to lose any more weight...I weight 80-90 lbs x_x losing weight just makes my face look worse and more sick looking, so I dont need that. My chin/face shape hasn't changed shape even though I lost weight on my face, its not really pointy...more like the sides beside the cheek area went in.

Thanks though :)

Guest ChouChou

hmm, it's most likely either photoshop/surgery/weight loss

it's very difficult to reshape your jawline...i mean, it's bone after all!

by what i've read, you're already pretty skinny, and don't wanna get any skinner so unless you want to photoshop every picture of you to make your jaw skinner, the only other option is surgery

you could either get your jaw shaved down [ouch! sounds painful!!]

or you could try botox, it's all the rage right now in korea

they basically inject something into your jawline which does something to the muscle and makes your jawline slimmer

the effects aren't permanant but apparently, if you get it done lots of times they start becoming permanant

you can check out this vid of singaporean blooger xiaxue, she gets the injection done and there's before and after shots

http://www.clicknetwork.tv/watch.aspx?c=1&p=8&v=166

Guest BoomBoomAfridi

looks like it's just lighting... well, maybe she got surgery, who knows....

but there's actually a yoga asana my mom does which helps define jawline...it's called the Lion..you can look it up on google..

ya it looks crazy but it apparently has a lot of benefits, one of them being a tighter jawline

Guest cherrikura

I say photoshop, on the newer pictures, it's either that or the different angles, finding the right angle can really make someone's face shape look a lot nicer. I think some girls have round face in real life, but with certain angles they can make their face more almond shaped.

But I do think there were more photoshop done on the newer pictures.

I think there are Korean skin care products that gives a "lift" to the jaw-line area so that you can get a better V-line. I guess you can try those and see how that works out? Sorry if I'm not being of much help ><

• 1 month later...
Guest gummydork

I think its not just lighting/angle but also application of makeup....? Highlighting certain areas can make it look more defined or something. I remember this youtube makeup tutorial where a girl was applying light shades to her cheekbones, jawline and forehead and then a darker shade just next to it. I guess this is also lighting in a sense seeing as the makeup kinda tricks the eye into thinking there are more angles

Sorry if I make no sense

Guest hannieoon

Maybe she lost weight. And the hair makes her chin really stand out too.

I guess if you want smaller jawline, you shouldn't chew a lot (like gum). I know that getting botox also slims the jawline but... not really practical if you're 14 or something.

Guest shortstufflai

i saw something in my argos catalague that sells some electronic neck/jaw toner, and apparently after a couple months of using it your neck slims down and your jaw looks more defined ?

i'll try find the link for it =/ but i have no idea if it's what your talking about x D

edittttttt.

ok here is one of them.

rio 60 second neck toner

i really wanna try it cos i dont like my jawline ): !

Guest iiidanax3

I heard that around your jaws, the muscles build up because obviously the jaws work those muscles when chewing food.

So, when you keep massaging the area with your hands ( you know, below your ears and above your neck = bite your teeth down, and wherever the muscle tightens) or do face exercises (stretch those muscles), I guess your face can look more defined??...

Actually CHANGiNG the jawline would be hard... but relaxing the face muscles could make your jawline look sharper maybe?

hahah- sorry, don't know if that helped at all!!! (-___-)

Guest kikkie

Your jaw is bone. It's not going to change. Botox may result in a slimmer face, but your jawline stays the same.

Guest Rockette

Other than the redundancy of the phrase, "lose weight" I think her jaw looks different due to the "angle" in which the photograph was taken? Also it could be surgery? X_x I also want a pointy chin like that since my tends to be U-shaped and sometimes looks square.

Perhaps with makeup, not sure how it's specifically done but through highlighting and defining you can make an illusion of a sharper chin?

-Rockette

Guest hedjuchoi

While PS could be the answer, if its not PS then its most definitely surgery.

The angle of her jaw line is all different.

Also, while in the the first two pictures her face is long but she has a less tapered chin and in the second set of pictures her whole face seems a little smaller and her chin is much more tapered.

Her hairstyle and makeup may also play a factor

Guest cookie_babe

MAKEUP! it works! lol.. i have cheeks and using a bronzer or any darker shade make up powder to define my jawline works!

Guest Vivioones

the first pic in the "after" looks like her jaw is slimmer because of the angle.

the second one looks completely photoshopped.

the shape of your face is determined mostly by genetics and weight.

when i was little i had a rounder face but as i gotten older my face slimmed down cause i lost my baby fat.

now people tell me i have my mom's face.

just learn to love your natural face =]

Archived