Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Short People Look Good In Boots? What Type Of Boots?

lushprincesslushprincess Posts: 208Member
edited October 2008 in beauty & fashion
I remember hearing that short girls look best in knee-high boots (the ones that don't cover the knees but falls just underneath it) but they should avoid calf-high boots and ankle boots because it makes their legs look shorter by "cutting" their legs flow. Now I'm hearing that petite girls should never wear knee-high boots and stick to calf-high and ankle boots instead. So which one's true? Does anybody have pictures of short girls (celebrities perhaps?) in boots?

Replies

• NanaNana ??? IllinoisePosts: 2,784Member
    edited October 2008
    I heard the 2nd part, avoid knee high boots and stick to booties. But if you're petite and quite skinny I can you can get away with more. I've seen a few really short girls 4'10'-4'11 that pull off knee high boots well but they're all really thin.

Namie Amuro is only 5'2 and she pulls off her over the knee boots so well.
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,346Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited October 2008

When I read "short celebrities", the first person that came in mind is Hayden Panettiere.

She's 5'1"

image image image

image image image

• sbfsbf ParisPosts: 36Member
    My ex was kinda short, and used to wear from time to time knee-high boots, i assure you they looked really good on her! So i'm guessing other 'short' girls can also pull it off
    Dress for the job you would like to have, not the one you have already
  • ayobooayoboo BK, NYPosts: 1,071Member
    edited October 2008
    for over the knee high boots def. check out chinese laundry top/turbo boots ! =)
    the way i see you
    isn't somethinq you
    can see in the mirror.

411 ;)MY SHOP !
  • yellow submarineyellow submarine Posts: 494Member
    I think ankle and mid-length boots are better for short people.
    and in the pics bunnylicious posted, I think Hayden looks taller in the shorter boots.
  • squishysushisquishysushi t e x a sPosts: 647Member
    yea I think it all depends on proportions. If you're gonna be wearing really long boots that go up to your knee, then you'll want to wear short shorts or something so it makes ur legs look longer. Since most boots have heels too, that'll help to make you seem less short.
  • oneandonlysarangoneandonlysarang Natasha :] Posts: 1,327Member

IDOL

i think the boots right under your knees look really good also with wearing jeans. my friend wore that yesterday and she looks really good
    ji-1.jpg
    You don't know me, so shut up boy---★
  • AestasAestas Posts: 2,282Member
    i think girls who are short look better in over the knee, not under the knee.

in that first pic of Hayden, her legs look so much longer in those over the knee boots compared to that lady standing right next to her - same height, but under the knee boot.

• FlicksityyFlicksityy AustraliaPosts: 3,235Member

IDOL

It's not a matter of height but the length of the legs. Anyone will look good with ankle high boots, whereas you need long looking legs to look good with knee high ones. If your legs are short and stubby you'll look even more short and stubby by wearing knee high boots.
  • forgottenmemoriesforgottenmemories Under the same blue skyPosts: 3,589Member
    I always get the calf-length boots. The knee-length boots make me look extra short. image I think its because I'm on the chubby side too, that plays a big part in what kind of boots I can wear. Sucks. image
  • audaciousaudacious somewhere on this earth.Posts: 22Member
    I'm really short, and I find that mid-calf boots, and ankle boots are the best.
    Somehow, knee boots or over the knee boots seem to make me look a lot shorter.
    I'm really skinny also, so maybe that plays a role?
  • becoolbecool I hate exams :( University of Wisconsin MadisonPosts: 751Member
    Jeez, I'm confused now too. Everyone is giving mixed answers. But I guess this is one of those things where it all depends on what you wear??? Meaning...proportion is key???? That's what I'm thinking too...but if anyone has a clear and definite answer (aka From the experts themselves), that would be awesome because I need to get some boots before snow arrives =o!
    avatar creds go to RR101; banner PAINTPOPS
  • little mixed girllittle mixed girl little miss trouble west jaPanPosts: 4,604Member, Friend of Soompi
    wtf, short people can wear anything.
    what matters is how you arrange your clothing.
    if you're wearing long boots with pants, it ain't gonna look so great.
    if you're wearing long boots with short shorts, then it looks better.
    i write an important thing, and do not let's finish. a way of writing for freedom.
  • HaruhtHaruht United KingdomPosts: 231Member
    i'm short. and pretty chubby.

can u guess how tall i am?

It's not that I love myself so much for no reason.
  • southbeach82southbeach82 Posts: 558Member

ROOKIE

edited October 2008
    ^. the boots looks great on you ! you look 5'2 to me.. :S

i recently ordered a pair of chinese laundry top boots. I know serena in gossip girls wears them but she is 5'7 and i'm only 5'4...
    so now i'm worried if the boots would be too high for me..:S i have longs legs for my height but i'm still worried.

Do you guys think it'll be too high for me?

never give up on someone that makes you smile :)
    "suffocate when your away from me..so much love you take from me...im going out of my mind"
    |survey|shop|requests|status|

• NanaNana ??? IllinoisePosts: 2,784Member
    QUOTE (Haruht @ Oct 19 2008, 10:04 AM) »

You are not chubby, not even close to it. image

You look about 5'0-5'1 to me.
  • nehsarangnehsarang USAPosts: 339Member
    edited October 2008
    Knee high boots for short people hehe.
    We're just fun size!

Ankle boots, etc just make our legs shorter.
    And Rachel Bilson is a good example of a short celebrity.
    If you look up pictures of her you'll probably find some good examples.

• bea555bea555 Posts: 213Member
    edited October 2008
    I read that mid-calf boots looks best on short people, not knee high boots.

southbeach82, Blake Lively, is actually 5'10". So the boots might be a little to high on you.
  • hanakohanako MontrealPosts: 2,078Friend of Soompi
    like some other people said, it depends on proportions. it depends on your body shape, what you wear, etc.

if you're short, but have long legs compared to your torso, i'd say you could pull of just about anything.

if you're like me, longer torso and shorter legs, you wanna make sure every boot you wear has a heel hahaha.
  • HaruhtHaruht United KingdomPosts: 231Member
    QUOTE (southbeach82 @ Oct 19 2008, 11:26 PM) »
    ^. the boots looks great on you ! you look 5'2 to me.. :S

i recently ordered a pair of chinese laundry top boots. I know serena in gossip girls wears them but she is 5'7 and i'm only 5'4...
    so now i'm worried if the boots would be too high for me..:S i have longs legs for my height but i'm still worried.

Do you guys think it'll be too high for me?

thanks. hehe. i'm 5ft2 ^___^

if you're 5ft4 and have long legs it should be okay, even if its a little higher than when serena wears it. I actually think ppl who are around your height, as long as they are not super plus size, can pull off almost everything image

QUOTE (Nana @ Oct 19 2008, 11:30 PM) »
    You are not chubby, not even close to it. image

You look about 5'0-5'1 to me.

thanks for saying im not chubby ^__^
    It's not that I love myself so much for no reason.